Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Corona and Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corona and Louisiana

I made a crazy 24 hr trip the other day. I went from dfw to morgan city la. Then i went from Louisiana over to orange beach Alabama and back to dfw. It was nuts. So 2 things i noticed...
    First one is Louisiana hasnt gottten 2 memos the rest of the country has. Memo 1. Theres this thing called coronavirus.
    Memo 2. Gas is now cheap.
    I travel cross country for work. In the past month no one has been out. I saw more people from layfayette to new Orleans than ive seen in a solid month! People out everywhere. Business is open. People crowded together at gas stations. It was nuts!
    I sat in traffic in new Orleans cutting across 10 heading east to orange beach from morgan city. It was honestly stupidity at its finest.
    And gas, yeah 2bucks plus for regular. Cheapest i saw was 1.87.
    I run diesel. The cheapest i paid was in foley al at bucees 1.94. Saw 1.06 for regular in childress this am. Louisiana is nuts for not controlling the issue better.

It’s all Trumps fault

Comment

Originally posted by Calfroper81 View Post
      It’s all Trumps fault
      Be careful there . . lol

Comment

It's hard to talk sense to democrats...

Comment

Im in louisiana every day. Gas has been 1.47 in shreveport for couple of weeks. Still 1.99 at interstate in marshall.

Comment

Maybe they are following the Sweden model, if you are at risk stay home.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
              I made a crazy 24 hr trip the other day. I went from dfw to morgan city la. Then i went from Louisiana over to orange beach Alabama and back to dfw. It was nuts. So 2 things i noticed...
              First one is Louisiana hasnt gottten 2 memos the rest of the country has. Memo 1. Theres this thing called coronavirus.
              I travel cross country for work. In the past month no one has been out. I saw more people from layfayette to new Orleans than ive seen in a solid month! People out everywhere. Business is open. People crowded together at gas stations. It was nuts!
              I sat in traffic in new Orleans cutting across 10 heading east to orange beach from morgan city. It was honestly stupidity at its finest.
              I run diesel. The cheapest i paid was in foley al at bucees 1.94. Saw 1.06 for regular in childress this am. Louisiana is nuts for not controlling the issue better.
              How odd that I speak to my family daily IN LAFAYETTE and elsewhere all the way north to the Alexandria. They are cooped up like the rest of us. Schools and restaurants are closed. And, people having to get necessities just like everyone else does. Aren't you running the roads, buying gas, food etc? Pot meet kettle. New Orleans.... that's a whole different story.

There are people on this site "not from La." whining about state parks closing and bragging about going to their deer leases. Remember.... with every finger you point there are three pointing back at you.

Comment

Evidently you've never tried explaining anything to a coonarse

Hey James!

Comment

Originally posted by Calfroper81 View Post
                  It’s all Trumps fault
                  No, it was definitely that B!$&% Carole Baskins!!!

Comment

I made a crazy 24 hr trip the other day......
                    I sat in traffic in new Orleans cutting across 10 heading east to orange beach from morgan city. It was honestly stupidity at its finest
                    Lots of irony here

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                      Lots of irony here
                      Kind of what I was thinking.

Comment

What were you doing that was so important that you needed to risk spreading the virus in multiple states?

Comment

I work in a very poor area of Beaumont. One may call it "The Hood". The people in this particular part of town could not care less about the lock down. They've had gatherings of 100+ people at the park with the basketball court. They are BBQing and hooping it up like its a holiday. I'm wondering if there is a correlation to this area, and the areas you went to. Seems like New Orleans has a lot of neighborhoods similar to the one I work in. Wonder if they have the same mindset?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            Evidently you've never tried explaining anything to a coonarse

Hey James!
                            We don't need no Xpaining to baw! Besides.... any real coonarse knows to travel the bayou roads.. Only rookies travel I-10.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                              I work in a very poor area of Beaumont. One may call it "The Hood". The people in this particular part of town could not care less about the lock down. They've had gatherings of 100+ people at the park with the basketball court. They are BBQing and hooping it up like its a holiday. I'm wondering if there is a correlation to this area, and the areas you went to. Seems like New Orleans has a lot of neighborhoods similar to the one I work in. Wonder if they have the same mindset?
                              Lmao our BEAUMONT office is in “The avenues” over between MLK And 4th st. I hear you!

Comment

Working...
                              X