Corona and Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
    I went to school with some people from Cheneyville......some wild people from there!
    Yup.....

I was told that I would be lucky to make thirty. Fooled em all!
    Last edited by Bayouboy; 04-09-2020, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      I know where Hineston is located. I am from Cheneyville. Most of us from Cheneyville were old plowboys. Hineston had the cowboys
      yeah my stepdad and uncle calf and team roped in high school. there wasn't much rodeoing going on when I went to school there. mainly baseball and softball.

One of my buddies in college had a duck lease in Cheneyville place is covered up in geese and ducks.

Comment

Yup.....

I was told that I would be lucky to make thirty. Fooled em all!

Myles and Magan Munson were good friends of mine at LSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I knew the Munsons. Used to hunt on their grandpa's "Robert Munson La.State Representative" and probably later on their father's property off of Hwy 71 between Cheneyville and LeCompte. If Tom was their dad he was something else. Reminded me of Tom Selleck.

Comment

Where at in Rapides? I am from Rapides Parish.

Oh.... and Capt Micky butcherd pronouncing Natchitoches this morning on the 610am outdoor show. Natch e toshes. LOL!
            Alex and Woodworth boy here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cberry View Post
              yeah my stepdad and uncle calf and team roped in high school. there wasn't much rodeoing going on when I went to school there. mainly baseball and softball.

One of my buddies in college had a duck lease in Cheneyville place is covered up in geese and ducks.

Was your buddy from Cheneyville? I killed a lot of ducks in area rice fields and sloughs.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                Alex and Woodworth boy here.
                Attended many a keg party at the Indian Creek spillway.
                And, Woodworth is still a speed trap from what I hear. I graduated from Rapides with lots of folks from Woodworth and Forest Hill.

Comment

Someone should draw up a cartoon with all the people that have lost a job and lost their business in Texas and surrounding states pointing and laughing at Lousianna..saying "Hey yall didn't get the memo"!!?

Comment

Was your buddy from Cheneyville? I killed a lot of ducks in area rice fields and sloughs.
                    No sir, he was from Alexandria.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      Someone should draw up a cartoon with all the people that have lost a job and lost their business in Texas and surrounding states pointing and laughing at Lousianna..saying "Hey yall didn't get the memo"!!?

I’m still out and about almost daily with my job and there is a fair amount of people out and about but tons of empty areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My entire family is in SE Lousiana. Prominently NOLA thru the three river parishes within 30 miles of the city. My parents, dozens of cousins, sister and childhood classmates have been on lockdown. The deaths have been staggering for such a small area, with so many in the hospital. My parents live in the parish with more deaths "per capita" than NYC. It ain't being taken lightly! My 99 year old great Aunt (my grandmothers baby sister) was diagnosed on Monday with COVID - 19. My sister sends video to family members around the country as she and mom still take my dad to dialysis 3x per week. Things are eerily quiet in the area as they are worried sick. Cops (which my brother in law is one) are breaking up gatherings and have told some business' they will be forced to close if people continue to gather. So in response, there are about 100 cars at the HEB parking lot right now in my neighborhood. There are at least 50 people walking thru our incredibly fancy "private" neighborhood park. On Sunday a cross-fit instructor had 7 people in her back yard working out in my neighborhood. Not one person in my residential area has ANY so-called "hood" credentials.
                        How odd that I speak to my family daily IN LAFAYETTE and elsewhere all the way north to the Alexandria. They are cooped up like the rest of us. Schools and restaurants are closed. And, people having to get necessities just like everyone else does. Aren't you running the roads, buying gas, food etc? Pot meet kettle. New Orleans.... that's a whole different story.

There are people on this site "not from La." whining about state parks closing and bragging about going to their deer leases. Remember.... with every finger you point there are three pointing back at you.
                        Kinda makes you wonder?
                        Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                        Lots of irony here
                        Embarrassingly so!

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                          I made a crazy 24 hr trip the other day. So 2 things i noticed...
                          First one is Louisiana hasnt gottten 2 memos the rest of the country has. Memo 1. Theres this thing called coronavirus.
                          Memo 2. Gas is now cheap.
                          I travel cross country for work. In the past month no one has been out. I saw more people from layfayette to new Orleans than ive seen in a solid month! People out everywhere. Business is open. People crowded together at gas stations. It was nuts!
                          Louisiana is nuts for not controlling the issue better.
                          I'm going to respectfully disagree on traffic in Lafayette and along I-10/I-49 corridor. Pre-Corona, it takes me 35-40 minutes to get to and from work (9 miles). Currently, I can make the trip in 15-20 minutes, half the time. During lunch and 5 o'clock traffic, it's not uncommon to sit in traffic at a red light for 3-5 cycles of the light changing. Now, only have to wait for 1 light changing cycle.

I would say 75% of the people are at home and not traveling for work. The remainder 25% (myself included) are going into the office and strictly doing phone calls, letters, email, and reports. I frequently travel (3-4 days per week) to Lake Chuck, Alex, BR, Shreveport, Morgan City... since the Corona, I haven't been able to schedule any personal appointments with doctors, lawyers, business owners, or injured workers in over 3 weeks.

How I know travel along I-10 from LAFFY to BR is down …. pre-CV, every single day, there is a wreck on the Basin Bridge that delays your commute 2-5 hours. Since the quarantine (3 weeks), I have only heard of two wrecks

How odd that I speak to my family daily IN LAFAYETTE and elsewhere all the way north to the Alexandria. They are cooped up like the rest of us. Schools and restaurants are closed. And, people having to get necessities just like everyone else does. Aren't you running the roads, buying gas, food etc? Pot meet kettle. New Orleans.... that's a whole different story.
                          lots of people are staying home and smaller restaurants have closed temporarily, larger restaurants are doing take-out curd side service only. On Tuesday night, Agave Mexican restaurant gave a way 1000 free meals and the traffic was INSANITY. I stayed home and made spaghetti

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          So what you're saying is them boys in Louisiana aren't sheep... wish we had that kind of backbone. If you're at risk don't move about, otherwise business as usual. I won't live in fear and apparently a whole lot if good folks in La agree.
                          yuuuuup, many people still working, but not venturing out on appointments or traveling around town

Originally posted by SETXoutdoorsman View Post
                          On a serious note, can anyone shed any light from personal experience going to and from Louisiana IF you are not travelling for work? How strict are they being at the border if you're coming from Louisiana or have spent time in Louisiana and are coming back into Texas.
                          pretty strict by Texas LEO's, LA State Police doesn't care

https://www.katc.com/news/covering-l...19-checkpoints

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                          Northern Louisiana was fine from 10 up to Shreveport, it was when i got south of 10 it was like nothing ever went on. .
                          OTR truckers and hot-shot drivers are still hauling food, freight, and supplies. Normal daily travel by individuals is definitely down, yet some are still travelling on the interstate for work.

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                          I live in Rapides Parish I can say from personal experience it is a mixed bag. Lowes, Walmart, grocery store and the like are busier than I have ever seen. A few folks wear masks , and there is the whole 6' thing. Ridiculous as everyone pushing carts around and in close proximity to each other.
                          100% correct … you would think that home improvement stores such as Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply are giving away plants, mulch, paint, and DIY supplies. Crazy how many people are out shopping at these places. 1 in 4 people have been observed wearing a mask. Grocery stores are making a killing on all items they sell. Because people are at home 24/7, they have to feed themselves and their kids throughout the day.

Pervis, stay safe brother and thanks for delivering goods and products

Comment

Got to control the Cooyon population to get any better . .

Comment

Dang Blake, you gettin' in Landrover territory with that multi-quote post!!

Comment

Originally posted by SETXoutdoorsman View Post
                                On a serious note, can anyone shed any light from personal experience going to and from Louisiana IF you are not travelling for work? How strict are they being at the border if you're coming from Louisiana or have spent time in Louisiana and are coming back into Texas.
                                I travel every day from LA to Orange Texas to work. You will be stopped in Texas. If you don't have a badge and a letter from your company then I don't know what they do with you. If you have a dog, it will for sure be shot by one of the many gestapo shaking you down and stomping on your rights.

Comment

Working...
                                X