Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thing Are Going To Get REALLY Bad Before They Get Better....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
    Most of the high risk younger folks are obese or have underlying health issues. In most cases it's nobody's fault but their own.
    Hmm, sounds a lot like the previous poster’s argument about the economy. Strange how it fits both ways

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
      Nobody has taken my freedom yet!! I’ve just been asked to stay around the house as much as possible. As far as I know the Constitution hasn’t been ripped up and burned yet
      Then you need to study up on the constitution and the intentions of those who created it.
      Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Being told to close down your business.

Not being able to attend Church

Some States denying Citizens the right to purchase firearms

Some States denying Citizens the freedom to go fishing.
      This guy seems to have a good grasp of it.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        Agreed on short term without a single argument. But reading some of this stuff on TBH it is apparent short term is 1 paycheck and the world is completely destroyed. When 70 percent of Americans don't have 1k in cash available it is not pretty...……..it is embarrassing and nobodys fault but their own. All while we have had 10 years of consistent growth & employment...……...something is waaaay outta whack and Covid 19 is exposing it big time.
        True. Still reality though for a lot of people, right or wrong.

I'm not as worried about personal budgets as I am businesses. People that are in the habit of living paycheck to paycheck will likely never change. I see that in my business. Some people have good habits of saving and investing, and most people don't. Very few people ever change their habits over the course of their lives. I don't think that's anything unique to recent economic situations. It's just human nature. Always been that way, and it always will be. Even the paycheck to paycheck folks are OK as long as they have a job and a paycheck.

I'm more concerned with businesses. Most large corporations have healthy balance sheets. They can/will lay off workers, if necessary. They'll be able to get through a longer period of shutdown/slowdown. But lots of small businesses don't have millions and millions of dollars of cash in the bank. While many small business owners are very prudent and have a decent amount of emergency cash set aside, the average small business won't be able to survive nearly as long as a Fortune 500 company will. Those businesses and the jobs they provide are more at risk if we stay shut down too long. And if that happens and lots of jobs aren't able to just pop back up as soon as the government gives us the green light, then the big companies that laid off people during the slow down won't need to bring all of them back, because fewer people will be employed and able to resume doing business as usual.

But if we can get things up and running soon enough, while the vast majority of businesses, small and large, can open the doors and pick up where they left off before the shutdown, then we'll rebound very quickly. The longer the shutdown lasts, the longer the recovery will take. Hopefully we'll get things moving again sooner rather than later.

Here's another interesting opinion from an epidemiology scientist that thinks shutting everything down is the wrong thing to do - for medical reasons, not economic. He says the same thing I said yesterday. Old people and those at high risk should be sheltered. Everyone else should go on about their lives and live through the virus. Go to the doctor and/or isolate yourself if/when you get sick. Develop herd immunity and get it over with. He says that's the only way viral outbreaks are ever over. It also happens to be the best thing for the economy. But it's not what we're doing right now. It sure seems like all we're doing by holing up in our houses is putting off the inevitable - and damaging the economy in the process.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGC5sGdz4kg"]Perspectives on the Pandemic | Professor Knut Wittkowski | Episode 2 - YouTube[/ame]
        Last edited by Shane; 04-05-2020, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
          Hmm, sounds a lot like the previous poster’s argument about the economy. Strange how it fits both ways

My parents spent nearly everything they had on experimental treatments worldwide for years after my mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Turned out she was misdiagnosed and they spent it all for nothing but to watch her die a slow death that could have been prevented with the correct initial diagnosis. Embarrassing and nobody's fault but their own.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Then you need to study up on the constitution and the intentions of those who created it.This guy seems to have a good grasp of it.

Gary
            All I’ve been asked to do is stuff for the time being....temporary or short term until we see how it affects the spread of a virus we know little about. . I’m willing to try stuff for the greater good of all citizens. I’m taking US Government as we speak. As I’ve said before, I haven’t been told I couldn’t do something yet. Neither have I seen a bill passed taking away God Given rights.

I promise you, when they burn the constitution or start proposing legislation outlawing certain rights I’ll be ready to take action
            Last edited by drbonner; 04-05-2020, 05:23 PM.

Comment

This is an attack that has been years in the making and suddenly everybody is like Oh $h!t what is going on!!! Now people are paying attention..
              Is the virus real?? Anyone that believes its not is an idiot..
              It is a biological attack meant to kill in mass numbers, and moves are now being made and have been being made that should make this fact obvious to anyone paying attention without anyone having to come right out and say it... I hope falls short of its mark..
              Is the general public being misguided/misled about this entire situation? Absolutely.. We couldn't handle the truth anyway so its better off.
              Are things going to get much worse? I'll give you one guess..
              All we can do now is PRAY..
              Last edited by PondPopper; 04-05-2020, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Thing Are Going To Get REALLY Bad Before They Get Better....

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                True. Still reality though for a lot of people, right or wrong.

I'm not as worried about personal budgets as I am businesses. People that are in the habit of living paycheck to paycheck will likely never change. I see that in my business. Some people have good habits of saving and investing, and most people don't. Very few people ever change their habits over the course of their lives. I don't think that's anything unique to recent economic situations. It's just human nature. Always been that way, and it always will be. Even the paycheck to paycheck folks are OK as long as they have a job and a paycheck.

I'm more concerned with businesses. Most large corporations have healthy balance sheets. They can/will lay off workers, if necessary. They'll be able to get through a longer period of shutdown/slowdown. But lots of small businesses don't have millions and millions of dollars of cash in the bank. While many small business owners are very prudent and have a decent amount of emergency cash set aside, the average small business won't be able to survive nearly as long as a Fortune 500 company will. Those businesses and the jobs they provide are more at risk if we stay shut down too long. And if that happens and lots of jobs aren't able to just pop back up as soon as the government gives us the green light, then the big companies that laid off people during the slow down won't need to bring all of them back, because fewer people will be employed and able to resume doing business as usual.

But if we can get things up and running soon enough, while the vast majority of businesses, small and large, can open the doors and pick up where they left off before the shutdown, then we'll rebound very quickly. The longer the shutdown lasts, the longer the recovery will take. Hopefully we'll get things moving again sooner rather than later.

Here's another interesting opinion from an epidemiology scientist that thinks shutting everything down is the wrong thing to do - for medical reasons, not economic. He says the same thing I said yesterday. Old people and those at high risk should be sheltered. Everyone else should go on about their lives and live through the virus. Go to the doctor and/or isolate yourself if/when you get sick. Develop herd immunity and get it over with. He says that's the only way viral outbreaks are ever over. It also happens to be the best thing for the economy. But it's not what we're doing right now. It sure seems like all we're doing by holing up in our houses is putting off the inevitable - and damaging the economy in the process.

Perspectives on the Pandemic | Professor Knut Wittkowski | Episode 2 - YouTube

The video from an actual expert was worth listening too. Everybody should give it a listen.

I read this this morning.

What the media and policymakers are not telling us is that the longer we delay the development of herd immunity, the more high-risk people will die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                  The video from an actual expert was worth listening too. Everybody should give it a listen.

What the media and policymakers are not telling us is that the longer we delay the development of herd immunity, the more high-risk people will die.

And to think some of us who proposed this whole theory were called crazy, money hungry, and flippant about life.

Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                    And to think some of us who proposed this whole theory were called crazy, money hungry, and flippant about life.

Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone
                    Government doesn’t sign his check. Might have something to do with it

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post

Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone

Still are...

How is it that simple blue collar rednecks can see that, but “experts” can’t?

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                        All I’ve been asked to do is stuff for the time being....temporary or short term until we see how it affects the spread of a virus we know little about. . I’m willing to try stuff for the greater good of all citizens. I’m taking US Government as we speak. As I’ve said before, I haven’t been told I couldn’t do something yet. Neither have I seen a bill passed taking away God Given rights.

I promise you, when they burn the constitution or start proposing legislation outlawing certain rights I’ll be ready to take action

They don’t do it all at once, chief. You better wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post

That's a good article as well. Makes sense. The more we all quarantine right now, the worse it's gonna be this fall. We dang sure can't afford to keep everything shut down through the fall and winter, or open up for the summer and then shut down again through the fall and winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            That's a good article as well. Makes sense. The more we all quarantine right now, the worse it's gonna be this fall. We dang sure can't afford to keep everything shut down through the fall and winter, or open up for the summer and then shut down again through the fall and winter.

Yeah, I don’t care how many TBHer’s are disappointed that 70% of Americans don’t have a $1,000 dollars to their name. 2 or 3 months of this and then for it to re-emerge and have to do it all over again would be catastrophic. I’ll just keep praying for the Good Lord to lead us in the right direction and hopefully we’re back to normal pretty quick with minimal human lives lost and economic damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              They don’t do it all at once, chief. You better wake up.

I’m fully awake, I’m just not losing my mind about things right now.

Comment

Anyone that will trade liberty for safety deserves neither.
                                So far this is a soft and veiled assault on our rights.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X