Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Thing Are Going To Get REALLY Bad Before They Get Better....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    Is that all you got? Calling me a jackass? Weak.

Gary
    If your foot hurts it’s from you sticking your own foot in your mouth, as I didn’t step on your toes

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
      Dale, this is what will happen if we go back to business as usual:
      1) the virus will spread rapidly, it’s incredibly contagious. Think Wuhan in the early stages.
      2) 20% will have severe symptoms and a bunch of them will be hospitalized. Based on what we’ve seen so far in hard hit areas.
      3) Nurses and doctors taking care of those people will become infected and taken out. There’s not enough PPE, look at New York for an example of this. Some data suggest its more severe in medical staff because they are getting multiple exposures.
      4) Now there’s no one available to take care of the folks left. Or prepare for the second wave. You basically decimate the healthcare infrastructure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Projected, and likely to happen, unfortunately now or whenever we poke our heads outside. However, waiting much longer WILL sink our economy. The point is, your post is probably correct, but not avoidable either way. We cant throw a depression on top of it. It's just not an option. We weren't ready, we have some tuff times ahead.

Comment

I loss count of how many times folks have said "HEALTHY people with no underlining issues" are good to roam freely and get back to work. Oh well, I guess that is out the door. The last two days there have been multiple widows in there 30's saying there husbands are DEAD, and just 10 days ago were running at 100 mph changing the world! Is nobody seeing the interviews? Or, they could be faked interviews, kinda like the Sandy Hook shooting. The theory of young and healthy are not susceptible is out the door as little children are without a parent. Covid 19 is finding its way from children to geriatrics...…….and anybody in the middle.
        My second boredom induced thought: Politically what's up with this lack of trust of the decisions being made? I thought we had the right folks in the right seats on the bus? Lets all trust the direction we are going as a nation. We have $2.2 trillion allocated (not enough of that is allocated to medical, but I digress), another $2 trillion being floated for infrastructure repairs and also plans for filling up all the oil reserves in Texas & Louisiana. Heck, sounds like a decent plan to hold it all together until the crisis/social experiment is complete or we crash & burn on the trash heap of history like ancient Rome. Can't have it both ways my fellow Americans, but it wont be long until we know. I absolutely agree, it is truly a fine line between pandemic & economics but none of us are being asked to participate in the sausage making. The cows are out the barn on this one. I wish everybody comes out smelling like roses, and all is good in the world at the end of the day......but I ain't willing to bet on it with what we are dealing with globally and the divide we have as a nation.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          People in the high risk category need to shelter in place along with their caregivers. Those of us that are healthy need to be living our lives. Im 56 in good health with a neice that has CF and obviously many elderly family members. Im checking in on them and making sure they have what they need. I still think this is a bunch of bull****. The cure is going to be way worse than the illness.

Doc comes in and says, you know that infection in your pinky toe is pretty bad, I think we better amputate your leg.....in fact we might as well amputate both of your legs. We dont want you to have any problems with your pinky fingers.

That is what this feels like to me.

Also Im guessing I had this starting on Feb 1. I understand there is now an easy test to see if indeed a person has had it. I plan on getting that test once this stuff settles down. I want to know if it was here for sure that early.
          Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
            Projected, and likely to happen, unfortunately now or whenever we poke our heads outside. However, waiting much longer WILL sink our economy. The point is, your post is probably correct, but not avoidable either way. We cant throw a depression on top of it. It's just not an option. We weren't ready, we have some tuff times ahead.

My company just released tonight that they have 150,000 doses of medicine ready to give away for free if the studies come back good in two weeks. If we can keep shut down even until then, it bridges us to a treatment/cure. If the data shows it doesn’t work, whole different situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
              Dale, this is what will happen if we go back to business as usual:
              1) the virus will spread rapidly, it’s incredibly contagious. Think Wuhan in the early stages.
              2) 20% will have severe symptoms and a bunch of them will be hospitalized. Based on what we’ve seen so far in hard hit areas.
              3) Nurses and doctors taking care of those people will become infected and taken out. There’s not enough PPE, look at New York for an example of this. Some data suggest its more severe in medical staff because they are getting multiple exposures.
              4) Now there’s no one available to take care of the folks left. Or prepare for the second wave. You basically decimate the healthcare infrastructure

I wouldn’t suggest business as usual.

And I won’t argue about unfounded speculation anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I am also done trying to convince anyone about "unfounded specultaion"! Those folks see a number on some bogus chart and it is the truth! Not one of these so called scientist on here can tell anyone the exact percent of hospitalizations vs. positive test.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I agree. I’ve been hearing for almost a month about models and what this or that expert projects. Tired of it. Don’t care. I would also like to add this to the conversation. I’ve been in LE for 11 years. My sister is an EMT and works in a large metro area in Oklahoma. Wife is currently in nursing school thru a local hospitals program and doing her clinicals there. Yes, any one of us could get exposed to this or any virus at our jobs and yes, it would suck. BUT, we all signed up for that when we chose this line of work. I’m honestly a little tired of seeing cops and healthcare workers complaining and making a scene about “working in these conditions”. Get over it. Or quit. Don’t show up for work tomorrow if you can’t handle it. Or be a professional and go do what your being paid to do. We shouldn’t be asking for the worlds pity and sympathy because of this.

Comment

I’m typing with a headache, cough and tightness in my chest. I have no appetite and am dropping weight at a rate that is starting to alarm me. I hope I get to ride whatever it is I have to health but who knows. Perhaps that clouds my judgement.

Having said that...

What is completely clear to me is that the whole entire point of flattening the infection curve is to not overwhelm the hospitals. If that happens, what happens to the cancer patients, heart attack victims, car crash victims and the kid with the broken arm, etc? There’s going to be a lot more death than the 2% that are dying now from Covid. The percentage of death from all maladies will go up.

Basic truth is nobody wants to destroy the economy.

Basic truth is the virus doesn’t care about the economy or who is making decisions or what news feed you prefer.

It all boils down to not overwhelming our medical system. If we do that, our economy will crater on its own regardless of who stays at home and who keeps working in groups.

In short, there aren’t two choices.

It’s not a save the economy vs let a small percentage die situation. It’s a do our best now or it will be even worse situation.

Oh well... Back to insomnia. It will be interesting to see how opinions evolve in the coming days. One thing is for sure, the virus doesn’t care what we think.

Comment

I am not sure I have an opinion on which way is best for the country to move forward. At least not a well educated one so I would certainly not try to convince anyone even if I had one. There are points on both sides of the discussion that I see and agree with. I don't think it's as simple as either SIP to prevent overwhelming the medical capabilities or lets keep as many of the low risk ones out working to prevent a total collapse of the economy.

I am still working 50 hrs plus a week so I am still in a "normal" routine myself.

Question for those in the small/medium business ownership. Are the small business loans that were supposed to help with payrol and some other expenses not enough to weather the storm for a couple of months?? I am not suggesting to anyone to take the loan and just shut down either just asking out of curiosity more than anything.
                      Last edited by Pedernal; 04-05-2020, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Right there w/ ya on the insomnia, but was a total opposite when our crew was sick right before nanza...can't recall ever having a cootie where I felt such extreme exhaustion for 8-10 days straight.

Don't screw around if you see any hint of it taking a dive brother...minutes count. I'm lucky to have a dr buddy & would likely be calling him to take the malaria drug & a z-pak if I went to feeling bad today.

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                        I’m typing with a headache, cough and tightness in my chest. I have no appetite and am dropping weight at a rate that is starting to alarm me. I hope I get to ride whatever it is I have to health but who knows. Perhaps that clouds my judgement.

Having said that...

What is completely clear to me is that the whole entire point of flattening the infection curve is to not overwhelm the hospitals. If that happens, what happens to the cancer patients, heart attack victims, car crash victims and the kid with the broken arm, etc? There’s going to be a lot more death than the 2% that are dying now from Covid. The percentage of death from all maladies will go up.

Basic truth is nobody wants to destroy the economy.

Basic truth is the virus doesn’t care about the economy or who is making decisions or what news feed you prefer.

It all boils down to not overwhelming our medical system. If we do that, our economy will crater on its own regardless of who stays at home and who keeps working in groups.

In short, there aren’t two choices.

It’s not a save the economy vs let a small percentage die situation. It’s a do our best now or it will be even worse situation.

Oh well... Back to insomnia. It will be interesting to see how opinions evolve in the coming days. One thing is for sure, the virus doesn’t care what we think.

Comment

I dont understand being worried about overwhelming the hospitals.

last year 41 million people in the US got the flu, 21 million sought out medical attention and 810k were hospitalized and 61k died.
                          Our current flu season is basically done and has been for a month so probably not contributing to taking ofvery many hospital beds. I am going to assume a typical flu hot spot would be the same as a corona hot spot meaning the larger cities. That being the case i'm assuming of the 810k hospitalized a larger % are taking up beds in the larger cities and no word about being overwhelmed. Right now we have 300k confirmed cases of corona. Not sure how many are taking up a bed but its not anywhere near 100% of that 300k.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                            A oncologist posted this today concerned about his cancer and hemotolgy patients
                            Ahhhh...yes yes yes....they must be controlled...MUST be controlled......

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                              I am not sure I have an opinion on which way is best for the country to move forward. At least not a well educated one so I would certainly not try to convince anyone even if I had one. There are points on both sides of the discussion that I see and agree with. I don't think it's as simple as either SIP to prevent overwhelming the medical capabilities or lets keep as many of the low risk ones out working to prevent a total collapse of the economy.

I am still working 50 hrs plus a week so I am still in a "normal" routine myself.

Question for those in the small/medium business ownership. Are the small business loans that were supposed to help with payrol and some other expenses not enough to weather the storm for a couple of months?? I am not suggesting to anyone to take the loan and just shut down either just asking out of curiosity more than anything.
                              I don't know of one company that has received a red cent. ( Not saying it's not coming but as of now there has been no relief. )

Several of these companies are now going on week 3 with no billing or sales. They've made several payrolls and have very little AR / capital left at this point. With no capital employees will suffer as controllers/ owners go into survival mode.

Kinda what this thread was about. Some people went off into left field.

I've been fortunate and have saved diligently, but there will be a point of no return , a point I won't cross financially. And my employees will suffer. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                                Ahhhh...yes yes yes....they must be controlled...MUST be controlled......
                                Lol, love your opinion .
                                It's very consistent, and I'm right there with ya

Comment

Working...
                                X