Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thing Are Going To Get REALLY Bad Before They Get Better....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I am scared. Not for me. My kids are about to join the working world- if they have a chance to. That what scares me. I also have lots of family in “high risk”. Have told them they need to self quarantine. My Dad told me I better fill my hands if I’m gonna lock him inside.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
      The issue is that 99% won’t survive it if everyone gets it at once and everyone can’t get medical care that’s they need. I have 4 RN friends that are in NYC working crisis assignments at the moment and they are seeing people die in droves. I bet that ANY one of those who died or their family members would give more than just their job to have their family member still be alive.
      Let me ask you this. Serious question....
      Do you protect the 95% for the sake of 5% or protect the 5% for the sake of the 95%.
      Those are just numbers I pulled out of the air for arguments sake but this is the argument being made by everyone here that is for forging ahead while being reasonable in their approach to getting back to work.
      When it personally hits someone of course their perspective can be different due to tunnel vision but you MUST look at the bigger picture for the greater good of the country as a whole.
      I applaud you and every one else battling the virus and I hope you and your family remain safe as I do for every American.

Comment

Shane said it better but I think it is worth reiterating. It is not about valuing life over money. It is about saving some lives now vs many lives later. It is trying to save the economy now and possibly overwhelming a healthcare system for a few months. VS having a worldwide depression and crashing the entire economy and healthcare system at the same time. Have you considered how many lives will be lost in a worldwide depression? It would likely be in the many millions a year and could last decades.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          Randy. I have Garca’s delivery service headed your way. Make sure you tip him well.
          I hope he gets the right kind of whiskey!

Comment

The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few. It's always been that way. You seal off a water tight bulkhead to keep the ship afloat even if some sailors are caught in that compartment.
            But this virus isn't killing everyone. Y'all act like everyone who gets t is doomed. That is far from the truth. A bunch of people have to get it to build immunity to it.
            The problem is the lies being spread by the government/ media that fuel the social disorder that will end up killing more than the virus. 90 to 120 days is not temporary and nobody I know has supplies for that long of a hold out.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              I’m more worried about the economic destruction than the virus, people are recovering from the virus but everyone is slowly getting killed by the down fall of the economy! Open chit up, we can’t continue on this path or we will be a country of ruins.
              I heart this And couldn’t agree more

Comment

It will be 8 weeks total if I had to guess. That’s what my sister had to do in Shanghai. I posted a link to her Facebook update a while back. Even if China has been untruthful through some of this I feel US will follow what they did. Either that or pass out ivamed to everyone! How funny will it be if that’s the cure.

Comment

Seeing as about 1/2 of you guys and gals would sacrifice me (Im high risk) to save your wallet I think I'll just pray for all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    Seeing as about 1/2 of you guys and gals would sacrifice me (Im high risk) to save your wallet I think I'll just pray for all of us.
                    Man, I'm truly sorry you see it this way. I'll pray for good health and prosperity for you and all else as well.

A ton of wisdom in this thread. What else can be said at this point? I've gotten more out of this community than all the govt and talking heads combined. Its comforting to know that the SIP and virus hasn't diminished critical thinking and so help me God, as long as we have that and are free to excercise that we will prevail...

Comment

Originally posted by b.a.saha View Post
                      It will be 8 weeks total if I had to guess. That’s what my sister had to do in Shanghai. I posted a link to her Facebook update a while back. Even if China has been untruthful through some of this I feel US will follow what they did. Either that or pass out ivamed to everyone! How funny will it be if that’s the cure.
                      When was the start date for us? Last week, 3 weeks ago, today?

Comment

I don't think anyone wants to sacrifice you or anyone else that is high-risk. But we are in serious danger of pushing the fulcrum of our liberty towards a permanent point of imbalance- more government control in exchange for health care and bail outs.

But praying never hurts! I will join ya.

Comment

Thank you for praying for all of us, I've been doing the same. Nobody is wanting to sacrifice you or anybody else.

Are you still in the work force or are you retired?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            Thank you for praying for all of us, I've been doing the same. Nobody is wanting to sacrifice you or anybody else.

Are you still in the work force or are you retired?
                            Im retired and have no financial worrries unless my pension fund collapses.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              I just typed a really long post and talked about what I think our best (least bad) course of action should be. Keep the most vulnerable sheltered. Everybody take common sense precautions. Everyone that's healthy - get back to work. Government get out of the way. Get helpful drugs into the hands of doctors and sick people. Get testing going. They keep saying it's coming, but it's not. Get everyone tested, and get the results fast. Get a vaccine done and distributed (this will take the longest of everything, even if government gets out of the way).

One thing to add to it would be something else government should do that would help. They should pass a law that no one can sue their employer or any business if they catch COVID-19. Lots of what we're seeing now with restricting access to grocery stores and the like are driven by corporate lawyers who are fearful of lawsuits over COVID-19. Companies need to be given immunity (legal) so that they can continue to operate freely. Disrupting our supply chain, especially for food and basic necessities, will have far-reaching negative consequences.
                              Everybody that’s healthy is only healthy until they’re not. When this thing first started TBH was full of “it ain’t nuthin’ but the flu”. This mindset is why it’s like a wildfire right now in the big cities. People continue to congregate. It’s one thing for a person to choose his or her own fate, but when you are carrying Covid-19 and don’t know it you can infect so many others that didn’t choose that fate. It’s like a ripple in a pond, it just keeps going. I agree that if the current conditions continue it will play hell with our economy, but money isn’t everything. Ask a dying man if he would rather have five more years or a million dollars. I think y’all know what that answer would be.

Believe me, I understand where y’all are coming from, and I hope and pray that we can get a handle on this, and not for selfish reasons. I’m 73, my life is all but over, I’ve made all the money I’m gonna make and I’m pretty sure I’ll never get the virus because of my lifestyle. Hell, I don’t even get a flu shot, because I’m never around people. Gotta make contact with somebody to get sick. Right now, I’m thinking about all the crap that’s gonna happen when people are at a loss as to how to cope, I’m betting they’re gonna do some crazy **** in order to stay alive. I’m betting the things most folks are griping about now are gonna be the least of our worries. I hope I’m wrong.

Comment

Would you believe pneumonia deaths are down by about 2000 this year? Strangest thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X