Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Thing Are Going To Get REALLY Bad Before They Get Better....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Sjaaaz this ain't New York. They had bigger problems before Covid.
      And it's only New York City and the heavy population areas. Areas they can't get away from each other because they are stacked in like cord wood. Plus public transportation in the subways and busses is all most people have. Again, close quarters. The rest of the state is like us. Wondering what the heck these crazy decisions by our "leaders" is going to come ut as in the end.
      Our situation is much different but we are using a blanket policy for an answer.

Gary

Comment

[quote=DRT;14795717]Sjaaaz this ain't New York. They had bigger problems before Covid.
        And it's only New York City and the heavy population areas. Areas they can't get away from each other because they are stacked in like cord wood. Plus public transportation in the subways and busses is all most people have. Again, close quarters. The rest of the state is like us. Wondering what the heck these crazy decisions by our "leaders" is going to come ut as in the end.
        Our situation is much different but we are using a blanket policy for an answer.

Gary[/

My response was to the video showing “empty hospitals” in NY. Unless I misread, the video was about NY? Why are they paying nurses 10k/week to go there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by sjaaaz; 04-05-2020, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
          What good is being alive if you have not freedom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Nobody has taken my freedom yet!! I’ve just been asked to stay around the house as much as possible. As far as I know the Constitution hasn’t been ripped up and burned yet

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
            I’m typing with a headache, cough and tightness in my chest. I have no appetite and am dropping weight at a rate that is starting to alarm me. I hope I get to ride whatever it is I have to health but who knows. Perhaps that clouds my judgement.

Having said that...

What is completely clear to me is that the whole entire point of flattening the infection curve is to not overwhelm the hospitals. If that happens, what happens to the cancer patients, heart attack victims, car crash victims and the kid with the broken arm, etc? There’s going to be a lot more death than the 2% that are dying now from Covid. The percentage of death from all maladies will go up.

Basic truth is nobody wants to destroy the economy.

Basic truth is the virus doesn’t care about the economy or who is making decisions or what news feed you prefer.

It all boils down to not overwhelming our medical system. If we do that, our economy will crater on its own regardless of who stays at home and who keeps working in groups.

In short, there aren’t two choices.

It’s not a save the economy vs let a small percentage die situation. It’s a do our best now or it will be even worse situation.

Oh well... Back to insomnia. It will be interesting to see how opinions evolve in the coming days. One thing is for sure, the virus doesn’t care what we think.

Heartfelt concern and prayers Leggy! Duly noted, as this bug don't give a crap about the economy, people, politics, media outlet or who the next host will be. Stay positive sir, and keep up the fight!
            Originally posted by Shane View Post
            Prayers up for you, Legdog! KCA (Kick COVID's ***)!!

In all my ranting yesterday, I didn't mean to imply that I think we're at the tipping point for the economy today. All the economists I listen to still believe that we can get through a shutdown for a little while longer and still be able to see a strong and quick recovery. But 2 weeks has become 2 months. That should be plenty to flatten the curve and keep the hospitals from running over. If we get close to the end of 2 months and they start talking about keeping things shut down even longer, then we'll be at the point where we will need to REALLY question the wisdom of that.
            I don't doubt anyone wont have some serious questions at that point Shane. But the start date is a moving date when everyone is not following some basic guidelines. In addition, 8 weeks/2 months/4 paychecks...…...if that destroys our nation economically we were surely on the edge and the RESET BUTTON just got pushed!

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
              Nobody has taken my freedom yet!! I’ve just been asked to stay around the house as much as possible. As far as I know the Constitution hasn’t been ripped up and burned yet
              Tell that to the folks who just got sh*tcanned who's jobs weren't deemed essential by the government.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Tell that to the folks who just got sh*tcanned who's jobs weren't deemed essential by the government.
                File for unemployment. They’ve bumped the amounts up that people laid off due to the shutdown can receive. Somebody else has already posted the site to get small business relief. I know that sounds uncaring, but don’t let pride goeth before a fall. I may be fired tomorrow morning, but I will still take care of my family one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                  Being told to close down your business.

Not being able to attend Church

Some States denying Citizens the right to purchase firearms

Some States denying Citizens the freedom to go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by sjaaaz View Post
                    Nurses are signing contracts to go to NY, making $10k/week so yeah... NY hospitals are empty.

Funny thing. The next video for me was a NY dr. Discussing the lack of beds . He must have an agenda tho.
                    Here's a video of NY hospitals...

The Mainstream Media and Democrats want you to believe our NYC hospitals are war zones. Well - this is my local hospital

Comment

I’ve seen the videos. Im just asking a question. Why are they paying 10k a week for nurses to travel to NY for empty hospitals?

Comment

Originally posted by sjaaaz View Post
                        I’ve seen the videos. Im just asking a question. Why are they paying 10k a week for nurses to travel to NY for empty hospitals?

The Government is probably paying the hospital $30k a week to staff nurses

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          I don't doubt anyone wont have some serious questions at that point Shane. But the start date is a moving date when everyone is not following some basic guidelines. In addition, 8 weeks/2 months/4 paychecks...…...if that destroys our nation economically we were surely on the edge and the RESET BUTTON just got pushed!
                          Short term is not a huge problem. But some are already talking about months of this. That would be a major problem.

Comment

Shane for president 2020!!!

Shane for president 2020!!!

Originally posted by shane View Post
                            i agree with and appreciate your compassion for human life. I'm a christian too, and i don't take the sanctity of life lightly either. But i do see some flaws in this line of thinking that is so prevalent right now (it's not just you - it's a lot of people). I'm not bashing you here. I'm just pointing out the flaws in the line of thinking, as i see them.

The biggest flaw is that the entire argument is based on the assumption that we are facing a choice between money and human lives. That is not the choice we're facing - at all. We're facing a choice between human lives and human lives. It's easy to focus on the immediate risk of losing lives to a virus. However big or small that risk may actually be in reality, we can all see and understand that risk. In the minds of many people, that immediate risk of losing lives to a virus has become the only thing endangering their lives. And, so, they are willing to sacrifice anything to save their own lives and/or the lives of their loved ones. Perfectly natural response to such a risk, and nothing wrong with feeling that way.

But the problem is that the virus is not the only thing that is a danger to your life. It's not the only thing that is endangering the lives of your loved ones. An economic depression is actually a bigger risk to our lives. It's not just an inconvenient financial thing. And being rational and honest about that is not being "flippant" about the loss of human lives. There are tons of ways an economic depression would kill millions of people. Small businesses going out of business causes the loss of income for the business owners as well as all the employees. That leads to larger businesses and corporations going out of business, which leads to millions more people losing their incomes. The government can't just print money and send $1,200 checks to everyone every week. And even if they could, what could we buy with it if lots of businesses didn't exist anymore?

Do you think our healthcare system would be the same if most of the businesses and people that pay health insurance premiums and deductibles and co-pays suddenly didn't have any money to pay for healthcare anymore? It wouldn't. It would collapse. A virus might overwhelm the healthcare system for a few weeks, and that would be horrible. But a depression would ruin our healthcare system, and it would take years to rebuild, not just weeks. How many of our elderly family members would die in that scenario? How many younger people who have health issues would die if they couldn't get adequate care or medication? A lot more than a virus would kill - and over a much longer period of time.

And what about deaths associated with crime and violence? Our police chief yesterday said that we're already seeing a big increase in domestic violence in abilene, particularly people choking each other. Being stuck at home, can't work, can't get through to the unemployment office, can't buy what you need at the store even if you do have a little money.....people are already getting pretty dang frustrated and mad. Pretty soon, if this keeps up, we'll start to see a big increase in robberies and murders. The more desperate people become, the more people will be willing to kill somebody to get what they need for themselves. Do you want your parents or grandparents to be the victims of that kind of violence? I don't.

This is not a choice between sacrificing our money in order to save lives that might be lost to a virus. It is a choice between a short-sighted goal of sacrificing everything for years, if not decades, in order to avoid deaths caused by a virus versus preserving the long term safety that prosperity provides while doing the best we can to minimize the terrible effects of a virus. We have more options that simply holing up indefinitely at home versus doing nothing to defend against a virus. There are lots of common sense protective measures that we can and should be taking to minimize the spread of the virus, but we need to be doing all of that while we are simultaneously keeping businesses and the economy running. Killing the economy will kill a lot more people than the virus will.

There are no courses of action that we could choose in this deal that are without some really negative results. We don't have the luxury of choosing between "bad" and "good". Whatever course of action we adopt will be bad and some lives will be lost. That really stinks, but it's the reality. So, rather than getting tunnel vision on the virus and taking a short-sighted approach, we need to be thinking about what course of action is least bad in the long term.

In my opinion, the least bad course of action would be to keep the people most at risk from the virus as sheltered and protected as possible while the rest of us get back to work in earnest as soon as possible in order to repair the damage that's already been done to the economic engine that runs our nation and to prevent the damage from getting worse. Those of us that need to get back to work also need to take every precaution we can to keep from getting and/or spreading the virus too. We don't need to pretend that the virus doesn't exist or that it isn't a risk at all. But we still need to get back to work.

Government needs to get out of the freaking way. They need to remove roadblocks to the development and production and use of effective medical treatments for the virus. They need to remove roadblocks to the development and distribution of a vaccine for the virus. They need to remove roadblocks that currently exist in every single industry that make doing business more difficult and more expensive. Government needs to quit trying to be the solution, because it's not. It's the problem. We're the solution, and we can fix things a lot easier and faster if government would get out of the dang way. Government has a role, but they need to stay in their lane and quit trying to take over every aspect of everything. They're just making things worse by assuming more control over everything.

None of that can happen as long as large portions of our population remain convinced that we're facing a choice between human lives and money though. If that were truly our choice, then we'd obviously pick lives over money. But that is not the choice we're facing.

Comment

Short term is not a huge problem. But some are already talking about months of this. That would be a major problem.
                              Agreed on short term without a single argument. But reading some of this stuff on TBH it is apparent short term is 1 paycheck and the world is completely destroyed. When 70 percent of Americans don't have 1k in cash available it is not pretty...……..it is embarrassing and nobodys fault but their own. All while we have had 10 years of consistent growth & employment...……...something is waaaay outta whack and Covid 19 is exposing it big time.

Comment

Most of the high risk younger folks are obese or have underlying health issues. In most cases it's nobody's fault but their own.

Comment

Working...
                                X