Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thing Are Going To Get REALLY Bad Before They Get Better....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    I don't know of one company that has received a red cent. ( Not saying it's not coming but as of now there has been no relief. )

Several of these companies are now going on week 3 with no billing or sales. They've made several payrolls and have very little AR / capital left at this point. With no capital employees will suffer as controllers/ owners go into survival mode.

Kinda what this thread was about. Some people went off into left field.

I've been fortunate and have saved diligently, but there will be a point of no return , a point I won't cross financially. And my employees will suffer. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
    That's were I'm at. Do it continue to ride it our a bleed money or do I make cuts now to preserve my cash on hand. Another consideration is how eager will businesses be to make capital expenditures in the near future once this is over?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      I am not sure I have an opinion on which way is best for the country to move forward. At least not a well educated one so I would certainly not try to convince anyone even if I had one. There are points on both sides of the discussion that I see and agree with. I don't think it's as simple as either SIP to prevent overwhelming the medical capabilities or lets keep as many of the low risk ones out working to prevent a total collapse of the economy.

I am still working 50 hrs plus a week so I am still in a "normal" routine myself.

Question for those in the small/medium business ownership. Are the small business loans that were supposed to help with payrol and some other expenses not enough to weather the storm for a couple of months?? I am not suggesting to anyone to take the loan and just shut down either just asking out of curiosity more than anything.
      They will help short term if funding happens soon.

Comment

In the end end doesn't matter. Unless we storm the capital and seize power in a coup the PTB have spoken and we have to deal with the situation and the fallout one way or another.
        I know God's will has the end word and will be done. I have no say in the process or outcome so I'll just work while I can and keep shooting pigs as it unfolds.

Gary

Comment

Prayers up for you, Legdog! KCA (Kick COVID's ***)!!

In all my ranting yesterday, I didn't mean to imply that I think we're at the tipping point for the economy today. All the economists I listen to still believe that we can get through a shutdown for a little while longer and still be able to see a strong and quick recovery. But 2 weeks has become 2 months. That should be plenty to flatten the curve and keep the hospitals from running over. If we get close to the end of 2 months and they start talking about keeping things shut down even longer, then we'll be at the point where we will need to REALLY question the wisdom of that.

Comment

All I know is, some people (not calling anyone out specifically, even though I am directing it at some here) are just crazy. And this situation is going to make them even worse.

Comment

What the media and policymakers are not telling us is that the longer we delay the development of herd immunity, the more high-risk people will die.

Like everyone else I don’t have any definitive answers, but we’re living in the freaking twilight zone. Here’s another interesting take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                What good is a prosperous country if everybody is sick and dying? I’m in the high risk group too. I promise you my kids would rather have a daddy than a booming economy

What good is being alive if you have not freedom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'll leave this here....

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zSBgXJpje74"]Citizen reporters go out and do what the media won't! (empty hospitals) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Mexico- I have been around the area I live and it is the same here. The mobile testing center was kinda busy. It was a line of cars and they pull up and test people sitting in cars. I think it was a line because of how long it took to do each vehicle.
                    Younger guys at work were griping about having to work. All have the option to take badge off and lay on desk. I’ve been through all kinds of stuff in 27 years. Hurricane evacuations, tornadoes, several illnesses and so called “the event”. Y2K and AIDS were suppose to be end of times. This is the first one I’ve seen impact like this. I blame it on society allowing it. I was told more than once about our workforce- “ you gotta be softer- quit telling rookies to turn stuff in if you don’t like it”

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                      I am not sure I have an opinion on which way is best for the country to move forward. At least not a well educated one so I would certainly not try to convince anyone even if I had one. There are points on both sides of the discussion that I see and agree with. I don't think it's as simple as either SIP to prevent overwhelming the medical capabilities or lets keep as many of the low risk ones out working to prevent a total collapse of the economy.

I am still working 50 hrs plus a week so I am still in a "normal" routine myself.

Question for those in the small/medium business ownership. Are the small business loans that were supposed to help with payrol and some other expenses not enough to weather the storm for a couple of months?? I am not suggesting to anyone to take the loan and just shut down either just asking out of curiosity more than anything.
                      Will definitely help short term. My biggest expense by far is mine and employees wages. And I only have one! In fact, I owe little enough that without wages I can get by on maybe $3k/mo excluding matl for specific jobs.

It will buy him those couple of months, and hopefully get us past some of the worst part, but I fully expect it to last much longer for us in oil related business. So in a way its just kicking the can down the road. But sometimes just living to fight another day is good enough....

Comment

Mexico, that video is pretty interesting!

Comment

I love the whole citizen reporter thing. Of course, plenty will be wackos and fake, but we already have that coming in on national networks so should be used to it. Hopefully it gets more popular and can combat the lies the media shoves down our throat ( not necessarily referring to the covid thing at the moment )

Comment

Very enlightening

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              Mexico- I have been around the area I live and it is the same here. The mobile testing center was kinda busy. It was a line of cars and they pull up and test people sitting in cars. I think it was a line because of how long it took to do each vehicle.
                              Younger guys at work were griping about having to work. All have the option to take badge off and lay on desk. I’ve been through all kinds of stuff in 27 years. Hurricane evacuations, tornadoes, several illnesses and so called “the event”. Y2K and AIDS were suppose to be end of times. This is the first one I’ve seen impact like this. I blame it on society allowing it. I was told more than once about our workforce- “ you gotta be softer- quit telling rookies to turn stuff in if you don’t like it”
                              I would tell them be happy they still have a job... I'd probably have the same attitude you do but I'm a little older also

Comment

Nurses are signing contracts to go to NY, making $10k/week so yeah... NY hospitals are empty.

Funny thing. The next video for me was a NY dr. Discussing the lack of beds . He must have an agenda tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X