Corona-vacation? Paid/Unpaid Leave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
    Not effecting me so far. As a Real Estate Appraiser I am considered to be in the essential services area. So far by intake of appraisals hasn't stopped so I am good. Nobody is supposed to be in Home Depot, Lowes etc except contractors that are included in the essential services group, plumbers, electricians, hospital maintenance, etc. I went in Thursday of last week to get a battery for garage door opener remote. There all kinds of just regular folks buying gardening supplies, paint supplies, fencing etc. So much for shelter in place.
    What part of essential real estate appraisal is a garage door opener battery? Just because your job is considered essential, you get to go to home depot, but the rest of the people do not?
    People are home. so they will take advantage and complete projects they have not been able to get to. They are also spending money, stimulating the economy.
    I have been out a couple of times, only been to walmart once. It was fairly busy. Wore gloves and a mask, and stayed away from people. Essential trip, picked up oil for both vehicles oil change. Grocery store a few times, not as many as it would have been because we have been stocking up for a couple of months. The wife goes mostly. I am considered immune suppressed, so mostly i am home.

I am an a/c contractor, semi retired, so i could use the essential services reasoning if i chose.

Stay carefull everybody, limit exposure and stay well.

Comment

We are “essential” though we’ve been real slow. Just told yesterday we are cut to 32 hours per week. 20% pay cut and wife has a meeting today with their boss and we don’t know what might happen. Her business was slow before this. Working on building a kitchen table for my daughter with extra time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        I see a whole lot of folks fishing everyday on Toledo and Rayburn right now. I am also seeing a lot of home improvement, landscaping and fences being built or rebuilt.

How many are off from work and still getting paid, just out enjoying the time off? It sure seems like a lot to me, at least in my area.

I just see a lot of spending going on and we are now pushed back until April 30th on the Social Distancing.

I am thankful that I am able to work from home(salesman) and I have been busy, like super busy from daylight dark with my real work. I have a several projects I would like to complete but no free time. I guess I am just jealous of the free time I would like to have to get some things done.
        It's kind of crappy that the majority of people sitting at home getting paid are the ones funded by taxpayers. And my wife is a teacher so yes I can say that.

I was just thinking how it's so wild nearly every single American fell right in line...I haven't heard many complaining about the shutdown. I guess everyone wants to go fishing/boating instead of working.

Comment

Wireless Internet business is booming.
          People are coming out of the woodwork looking for a way to get online, RIGHT NOW!
          Been running 7 days a week, daylight to dark.
          All my friends are fishing though.

Comment

Working...
          X