No announcement yet.

Semi proof COVID has been here months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doubtful CDC/Feds will admit to anything. To much embarrassment and a lot of explaining they’d be forced into.

Comment

Semi proof COVID has been here months

We know that the first case in China was back in November. With 13,000 travelers between China and the U.S. daily and 360,000 Chinese students at American Universities(many of which went home during the holidays and came back) how could it of not been here for months?

We don’t need proof....logic tells us it’s been here for months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe the Covid-19 has been around here a few months longer than what was originally believed.

With that said, I also agree the premise to be anecdotal at best. Chances are, the majority of people having similar symptoms late last year didn't have Covid-19. Heck, thousands of people annually "think" they have the flu and test negative. Not to mention the several other thousands that "claim" to have had the flu, but never actually went in for a test.

I'm sorry, but low-grade fever, dry cough, body aches, etc., are also symptoms for the common cold and/or just about any other viral type of sinus infection out there.

Were there cases of Covid-19 in TX late last year; probably, but still was the exception, not the norm. Even as of today, the Governor claims close to 10,000 people have been tested in this state and less than 10% actually have it.

Comment

With my much of my wife's side of the family between Christmas and New Years we went to sea world. Around the first week of January me, my daughter, and my wife got extremely ill. Followed corona's symptoms to a T, It even had the apparently tell tell super dry unproductive cough along with loss of taste which is what is being reported as perhaps one of the first symptoms. My daughter got over it the quickest, unlike regular flu where little ones usually are hit pretty hard. It hit my wife the hardest and she was feverish and in bed for the better part of two weeks and it was not the flu as she was the only one of our house that got tested. of everyone that went to seaworld in our family everyone got sick and had similar symptoms. My father in law's wife whos in her 70s was hit hard and almost hospitalized and our 3 year old nephew who has multiple health issues and needs oxygen 24/7 to begin with on a good day developed pneumonia . Everyone within our family that went to the doctor for treatment tested negative for the flu and either was told to stay hydrated and ride it out or developed pneumonia. I 100% believe this virus has been here since november/december and the doctors just didnt have a name or test for it.

Comment

I'm hearing more and more of these cases. It may be anecdotal, but as politicized and profitized as science has become, I'll give it equal value!

Comment

I won't be surprised either. Back in the beginning of February I had the most unusual illness I've ever experienced. Lasted about 10 days with fever spikes, a cough and a crazy headache. Rather debilitating, especially since there weren't any other symptoms. The doc told me I had a respiratory infection of some sort but they seemed confused by my symptoms, too.

I felt like Simple Jack for two weeks straight. My brain was mush. Couldn't even form a thought hardly. Lol.

Comment

My wife and I (late 40’s) traveled to Vegas mid-January. She also came home with fever, hacking cough, and tested negative for influenza and Strep throat. Thankfully she recovered uneventfully and no one else in the family got sick.

I also now think that MAY have been Covid-19.

From a medical perspective, everyone needs to understand the limitations of the test currently being run.

It is a test that looks for actual particles of the virus. The timing of the test is very important for a positive result to occur. Run it too early and it may be negative. Also, once you recover and the virus is out of your body, the test will be negative as well. If you don’t obtain an adequate sample you may also get a false negative result.

The other type of tests are antibody tests (titers) that show whether you have been exposed in the past. From what I understand, these are not being run right now, but doing so could shed light on whether the virus was here before now.

I’m of the opinion this virus has been here and it only seems significant and increasing because we now have a test for it. If they could run antibody tests on a large number of Americans, it would show that many of us have been exposed before and recovered (whether we ever showed symptoms or not).

This is also assuming that the tests available are very specific for this one virus. From my experience in veterinary medicine, both vaccines and tests for Corona viruses in animals have been crap and ineffective to date.

See this article for more info:

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                  I believe the Covid-19 has been around here a few months longer than what was originally believed.

With that said, I also agree the premise to be anecdotal at best. Chances are, the majority of people having similar symptoms late last year didn't have Covid-19. Heck, thousands of people annually "think" they have the flu and test negative. Not to mention the several other thousands that "claim" to have had the flu, but never actually went in for a test.

I'm sorry, but low-grade fever, dry cough, body aches, etc., are also symptoms for the common cold and/or just about any other viral type of sinus infection out there.

Were there cases of Covid-19 in TX late last year; probably, but still was the exception, not the norm. Even as of today, the Governor claims close to 10,000 people have been tested in this state and less than 10% actually have it.
                  This is the most rational conclusion I have seen posted anywhere.

Riddle me this: If COVID19 has been here since last summer, why did the US not turn into Italy before now??? Nobody was social distancing and yet everything was normal in our hospitals.

Could it have been something else? Absolutely! But it wasn’t anything even nearly as aggressive as what we are now seeing globally. Assuming “A” and “B” are the only two letters in the alphabet does not compute. And hearing MDs say “it must have been CV19” doesn’t change my mind. That’s still an anecdotal, reaching, assumptive conclusion, and pretty irresponsible of them to state such things.

Comment

WAY too much logic in this thread and not near enough panic and fear... I agree that this has been around here for months and it has probably already peaked. Increased testing will just freak some folks out that are drinking the koolaid.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                      This is the most rational conclusion I have seen posted anywhere.

Riddle me this: If COVID19 has been here since last summer, why did the US not turn into Italy before now??? Nobody was social distancing and yet everything was normal in our hospitals.

Could it have been something else? Absolutely! But it wasn’t anything even nearly as aggressive as what we are now seeing globally. Assuming “A” and “B” are the only two letters in the alphabet does not compute. And hearing MDs say “it must have been CV19” doesn’t change my mind. That’s still an anecdotal, reaching, assumptive conclusion, and pretty irresponsible of them to state such things.

Last summer? Nobody said anything about last summer, but this strain of the virus has probably been here since at least early December. There were probably a few hundred thousand cases before Covid19 was ever heard of in the States.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                        Last summer? Nobody said anything about last summer, but this strain of the virus has probably been here since at least early December. There were probably a few hundred thousand cases before Covid19 was ever heard of in the States.

Not in this thread but there’s been tons of peoples different threads self-diagnosing saying they think they had the Rona last fall or later.

Again, please explain the lack of overwhelmingly aggressive transmission concurrent with China and Italy? Or is Italy and China a hoax? Seriously asking. Otherwise it’s impossible that it is the same virus.

Comment

+35000 confirmed cases in the USA. That's approx .0001060 % of total population. Your odds of winning a million $$ lottery scratch-off are better than catching the China flu.
                          The lesson here is to go buy more scratch-offs

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            +35000 confirmed cases in the USA. That's approx .0001060 % of total population. Your odds of winning a million $$ lottery scratch-off are better than catching the China flu.
                            The lesson here is to go buy more scratch-offs
                            Some folks are just awful at math......

35,000/350,000,000 = .0001 = .01%

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                              Not in this thread but there’s been tons of peoples different threads self-diagnosing saying they think they had the Rona last fall or later.

Again, please explain the lack of overwhelmingly aggressive transmission concurrent with China and Italy? Or is Italy and China a hoax? Seriously asking. Otherwise it’s impossible that it is the same virus.

Italy has the 2nd oldest population in the world. 85% of the deaths have been people over 70. 50% of those already had at least 2 pre existing conditions. Italy has focused most of their testing in certain areas with a lot less total test done than many other countries. If everyone in Italy that had the virus was tested then the 9% fatality rate would probably come down to under 1%. It’s a very infectious virus, but the true mortality rate isn’t what the current numbers are showing.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                                Some folks are just awful at math......

35,000/350,000,000 = .0001 = .01%
                                It's over 40k now

But one would need to know the total number of Americans that were tested also.

It's like beating a dead horse over and over. Kids almost never get tested when they have it as they don't show symptoms. But they carry it and spread it.

So you can bank if they have 40k positive after testing 1% of the population then 50-500 times that actually have or had it already.

Comment

Working...
                                X