Just seen this in the news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 150class View Post
    Do people not haggle anymore these days?

a lot of these dealerships these day say its a no haggle low price and refuse to negotiate. I got pre-approved for an auto loan from my CU and and still had to pass on several good trucks over them refusing to budge on price.

Comment

Just seen this in the news.

These trucks aren’t the same ones built 15yrs ago people. This is only a OK deal if you plan an not putting over 100,000 in 7 yrs. I financed my first ford for 5yrs in 2013. Started putting it in the shop in 2015 with 92,000. Still had 3 more years of payments! Traded it for a 2015. (Exactly what they wanted) financed it for 5yrs, stared putting it in the shop in 2018 with 98,500miles and 2.5 more years of financing. Ford told me it need $3,800 on timing belts and cam synchros. I drove it until the CEL turned off and pulled into Toyota and got a tundra. 60,000 miles. No issues.

I guarantee if you actually drive your ford or Chevy, or dodge for that matter, you will be paying a mechanic bill and a car note to keep it on the road for 7yrs. I can easily put 250,000 on a truck in 7yrs. Only company with a dependability record I would lock in with and a resale that I would feel comfortable not being upside down is Toyota.

Look up a 7yr old ford or Chevy vs. a 7yr old Toyota value and tell me what you find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Could wait until it hits harder and get a better deal yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          You do know that"FREE" money is factored into the Dealer Cost.

Nothing is ever FREE. The cost of FREE is always factored into the price somewhere...Always.

Yes— if you want to pay cash they will actually raise the price. I’ve sat there and listened to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jonate98 View Post
            Who in the Willie Nelson hell finances a freakin vehicle for seven years? Regardless of interest rate? Buy what you can afford.,,that’s insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody with basic financial sense will take 0% money for as long as they can get it.
            Emotions are another story— a legitimate factor to consider, but a personal one, not universal, like the math.

Comment

Originally posted by jonate98 View Post
              Who in the Willie Nelson hell finances a freakin vehicle for seven years? Regardless of interest rate? Buy what you can afford.,,that’s insane.

As others have said, tons of people and that is the problem.

I have a good friend that used to sell cars. He would always tell me that people had shifted from actually buying a car (worrying about price, paying it off, etc.) to treating the car payment like a utility bill. They pay their car payment like they pay their electric bill every month. The payment will always be there on both so all they care about is that monthly cost and it doesn't really matter whether it is for 5 years or 10 as they won't have the vehicle anywhere close to either of those numbers.

Comment

I feel like I’m in a Dave Ramsey wet dream....

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                  As others have said, tons of people and that is the problem.

I have a good friend that used to sell cars. He would always tell me that people had shifted from actually buying a car (worrying about price, paying it off, etc.) to treating the car payment like a utility bill. They pay their car payment like they pay their electric bill every month. The payment will always be there on both so all they care about is that monthly cost and it doesn't really matter whether it is for 5 years or 10 as they won't have the vehicle anywhere close to either of those numbers.

THIS^^^ I don't get why people buy new trucks every two to three years.
                  I drive mine for 9 to 10 and put 250K on them, if you take care of them they will last these days.

Comment

Their scared of the high priced inventory. If the media doesn’t back off all the scare tactics these vehicles will be selling for half price on about 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                      Well if you wanted to trade it off in a few years and did a lower note you’d have some equity in it.

Assuming you only paid the minimum...

Just offering another perspective. I generally get the longest term possible and over-pay by quite a bit. In the long run it negates a higher APR and I generally have equity fairly quick.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                        I feel like I’m in a Dave Ramsey wet dream....

Comment

just bought a new F150 two months ago. They offered 0% financing then, but you lose the $3,500 incentive, so it was an either/or decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            It's more affordable at 7 years than 4. What does it matter how long you finance one you pay one way or the other. Back 20 years ago when you could buy a truck for 20 now a new truck is 65. Who cares

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

The reason they can charge $65k is because they are financing it for 7 years.

If auto loans were still only 4 years max then vehicle prices would be no where near what they are now.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                              The reason they can charge $65k is because they are financing it for 7 years.

If auto loans were still only 4 years max then vehicle prices would be no where near what they are now.

No, the reason they are 65K is because people want Bluetooth, nav systems, back-up cameras, leather seats, etc..etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                                No, the reason they are 65K is because people want Bluetooth, nav systems, back-up cameras, leather seats, etc..etc.
                                All of those are pretty nice luxuries, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X