Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And, I just happen to be truck shopping

Comment

Well. Looks like a new trailboss is on the menu...

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        The interest has been added to the price you will pay. When will people understand there is no free lunch.
        Mark the truck at 2-3k under sticker price and slap a 0% interest sticker on it and it’ll sell all day. Same truck with $10k off sticker and 3% interest will take a month to move. Sorry guys there’s no free money., they’re just putting some lipstick on the same donkey.

Comment

Y'all do know that there is a Dealer Cost and a MSRP which are no the same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post

Mark the truck at 2-3k under sticker price and slap a 0% interest sticker on it and it’ll sell all day. Same truck with $10k off sticker and 3% interest will take a month to move. Sorry guys there’s no free money., they’re just putting some lipstick on the same donkey.

Amazing some people don’t get the concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Too bad the truck won’t last 7 years

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post

Do people not haggle anymore these days?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Why if it’s free financing?

Sounds like a good deal for folks that don’t want a new vehicle every couple years.
                  Yep. My last tahoe was sold @ 11 years !

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                    I know right? I play the long game. Leave the store and in a week or two they’re usually ready to make a deal.

Comment

It’s only a good thing if you were already going to buy one and you can make the deal you like. Otherwise........phhtttt !

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Why if it’s free financing?

Sounds like a good deal for folks that don’t want a new vehicle every couple years.
                        Exactly. That's free money. If Ford does it I'll have to get that F250 Tremor with the 7.3 I've been eyeballing.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            Sure you can haggle what the dealer is willing to take off the truck. You can’t haggle what the MFG is willing to come of the truck. Most of the major price reductions are in the form of MFG rebates, then the dealers knocks off however much you can haggle him down. You don’t have a say in the rebates other than military, farm bureau, etc. The 0% financing comes in lieu of the MFG rebate, so you’re limiting yourself to whatever the dealer himself is willing to knock off the price, which isn’t near as much as dealer and MFG combined.

Y’all go ahead thinking it’s free money though lol

There are a few exceptions to this, but they usually aren’t much better of a deal. Occasionally you can find a smaller MFG rebate along with the 0%, but it’s usually like $500-1500 rebate + 0% instead of $6500 rebate & 3% financing etc. if you can manage to get $8-10k off MSRP and still get that 0% financing then you’re doing pretty **** good, and you should probably jump on it. That’s very rarely the deal though.
                            Last edited by TX03RUBI; 03-17-2020, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trozy55 View Post
                              Y'all do know that there is a Dealer Cost and a MSRP which are no the same thing!
                              You do know that"FREE" money is factored into the Dealer Cost.

Nothing is ever FREE. The cost of FREE is always factored into the price somewhere...Always.

Comment

Sounds to me like they are afraid they are going to have a lot of inventory if people can’t afford them. So trying to get ahead of the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X