Gov. Abbott sends a message to Austin Mayor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man View Post
    All the cities you guys mentioned above have something in common I just can't put my finger on it.

Yea, and what party is the one guy who's trying to actually do something about it? Hmmmmm...

Comment

A few weeks ago wife and I were on the River walk and saw quite a few sleep quarters under the river over passes. Was asked a few times for money.
      It is not just Austin. Big city problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
        So what are they gonna do with them? They gotta go somewhere

Crystal city?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          All the cities you guys mentioned above have something in common I just can't put my finger on it.
          yeah , but they have their thumb up it.

Comment

What has the Mayor of Austin had to say about Trump’s comment?

Comment

Originally posted by aac_shooter View Post
              Crystal city?
              No way. Too close to the lease

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                What has the Mayor of Austin had to say about Trump’s comment?
                Says he "chooses to read Gov Abbott's letter as a offer of help". Very sweet. The video I saw from the Gov was anything but a choice, it was a stern directive. Good job gov!

Don't know about trump though....

Comment

Yep. He said fix it or else. Don’t have any of this in Williamson County! Shows the difference in governance and leadership at the local level as well as political affiliations.

Comment

Made a trip through Austin a few weeks ago, first time I had been to Austin in a few years. I could not believe all the tents and garbage under the overpasses along 35. It was disgusting

Comment

Txhunter- WILCO has plenty. I hate saying it but Round Rock is following Austin. I’ve seen transients begging at a lot of places in RR and Cedar Park

Comment

I went to down town Austin for the first time in years and I couldn't believe it. There were homeless camped on the side walk, even sleeping in those big decorative planters that have trees in them. One guy even had a dresser. We were asked for money as well. It's even becoming a problem in the small towns. We have an camp under the Colorado river bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                          So what are they gonna do with them? They gotta go somewhere
                          The same thing that was done with them 2 years ago? Homeless people isn't a new thing. Allowing them to camp and squat wherever they please is. It disgusting and needs to be dealt with.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                            Yup maybe they can send Austin council their blueprint since they seem to act like it can’t be done
                            I’d rather they just send them the bill for the cleanup. The state can just deduct it from the sales tax rebate.

You don’t teach them anything by cleaning their **** for free except to expect a handout.
                            Last edited by M16; 10-04-2019, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Williamson County Sheriff is now getting involved. Overflow is making its way into the county. He isn't putting up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossTimbers View Post
                                Dallas is no better.
                                Neither is Houston

Comment

Working...
                                X