Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

US women's soccer team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
    My libertarian self just has to ask y’all what exactly freedom is?

Freedom is just freedom...you either have it, or you don’t. She does. Disgracing the very symbol of that freedom, to whine and ***** and complain about the freedoms you supposedly don’t have...is bull****.

She doesn’t have any kind of grand agenda, or cause....she’s just using the platform provided to her by this country, to whine about this country. Nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If I gotta deal with a few jack wagons doing stupid things in front of a camera that upset my sense of well being but have little affect on my day to day or how I approach the world. Nah. I’m gonna carry on.

I guess we could just be more taliban and if it don’t suit our way of being we could just throw them off a rooftop.

We’re talking about an action that is protected under our constitution. At some point you just got to ignore the whiny children until they realize whining doesn’t work.

We’ve been through this as a country several times over.

Every one of these threads just adds to the google click bait.

If I gotta deal with a few jack wagons doing stupid things in front of a camera that upset my sense of well being but have little affect on my day to day or how I approach the world. Nah. I’m gonna carry on.

I guess we could just be more taliban and if it don’t suit our way of being we could just throw them off a rooftop.

We’re talking about an action that is protected under our constitution. At some point you just got to ignore the whiny children until they realize whining doesn’t work.

We’ve been through this as a country several times over.

Every one of these threads just adds to the google click bait.
      Make no mistake about it Rapinoe is doing a horrible job of representing the USA and she appears to set the tone for the image of the team that gets projected publicly. This is especially true with the media taking every opportunity to cover her tacky and classless language when speaking about President Trump.

Have I lost sleep over it or has it taken away from my quality of life? No
      But my post isn't about that it is about her actions and taking the opportunity to exercise my constitutional right by expressing how I feel. She is taking a moment that the whole team and the country could unite around and talong a political scrap on it.

Just as some of the citizens of this country are unhappy about her words and actions I am sure she has several teammates that feel the same way. The difference though is they are having to deal with her antics on a more personal level and I'm pretty sure they feel like some of the luster has been taken away from their accomplishment as a team.q

I am not ready to go all Taliban on them but if I was her coach she wouldnt be allowed to act and speak the way she has.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

US women's soccer team

Gentlemen,

Just to be straight with y’all. I’m not cool with these antics either.

But we gotta ask some hard questions as a nation.

Cheers!

Comment

Gentlemen,

Just to be straight with y’all. I’m not cool with these antics either.

But we gotta ask some hard questions as a nation.

Cheers!
          Like how many genders are there? Or maybe, do you believe in science? Or maybe, chromosomes, and how they deal with gender.....and science. Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Freedom is just freedom...you either have it, or you don’t. She does. Disgracing the very symbol of that freedom, to whine and ***** and complain about the freedoms you supposedly don’t have...is bull****.

She doesn’t have any kind of grand agenda, or cause....she’s just using the platform provided to her by this country, to whine about this country. Nothing more.

Exactly!

In my opinion we shouldn't give the platform to the Kapernick's or Rapinoe. We should simply congratulate the players that worked hard and represent our country well, which is the majority of the players. She was on her way out until our president started his feud with her. Now she's a martyr for liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

She’s a gay woman, whom because she lives in America, is now worth millions! Yet she protests, acts a fool and runs her mouth about LGBTQIAFTYIDMVZ rights and how oppressive America is to their demographic/community.

She wouldn’t be able to do so IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY. America afforded her these opportunities. So for her to **** on that ****** me off, as an American.

Comment

She knows she's getting older and will soon be replaced by a younger, faster, more talented player. Just like those players who came before and after her.

Her future options are limited: become a college or pro coach for a woman's team and fade into relative obscurity, or maybe, if she can leverage the temporary spotlight to self-promote her way to a longer-term gig as a host on The View or some similar high-profile, high paying role in another spotlight, well, she's gonna ignore the "no I in team" mindset and attention-whore herself to fame and fortune just like Kaepernick.

She's burned up about 13 of her 15 minutes of fame and won't be relevant much longer.

And that scares the hell out of attention-whores.

Comment

Hard to believe some people here are defending her actions. Would you be ok with these same actions happening in the Olympics?

It's always been a rule that people represent well the team or company they work for. Why do some people all of a sudden act like free speech gives people the right to act a fool and make their team/company look bad?

Comment

Somebody please kick her/him in the taint.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      Hard to believe some people here are defending her actions. Would you be ok with these same actions happening in the Olympics?

It's always been a rule that people represent well the team or company they work for. Why do some people all of a sudden act like free speech gives people the right to act a fool and make their team/company look bad?
                      It is not something that happened all of the sudden. The First Amendment gives Americans the right to act like a fool and say whatever. It is then up to their team/company to decide if it is worth it to keep that person on their team/company.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                        It is not something that happened all of the sudden. The First Amendment gives Americans the right to act like a fool and say whatever. It is then up to their team/company to decide if it is worth it to keep that person on their team/company.
                        My question is why is it ok now? In the past most people agreed if you didn't represent whomever you worked for you were simply fired. That could be a company (private or public), a city, county, or Country.

It's complete retardism to disrespect the Country you play for. And even worse IMO for whoever is in charge to not put a stop to it.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          My question is why is it ok now? In the past most people agreed if you didn't represent whomever you worked for you were simply fired. That could be a company (private or public), a city, county, or Country.

It's complete retardism to disrespect the Country you play for. And even worse IMO for whoever is in charge to not put a stop to it.

The people in charge...the coaching staff ...all agree with her 100%. There may be a couple girls on that team that disagree but they cant speak up if they want to play. 1 girl ( the best American in her position) spoke up and she was dismissed. Fact is, these days its fashionable to dis this country and half the population.

Comment

And, without the idiots words/actions would anyone really care about women's soccer? I also suggest the men's champion should play the women's champion for all the marbles, seeing how the demand is equality...........

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                                And, without the idiots words/actions would anyone really care about women's soccer? I also suggest the men's champion should play the women's champion for all the marbles, seeing how the demand is equality...........
                                For some perverse reason I like the way you think

Comment

Working...
                                X