No announcement yet.

Amber Guyger indicted for murder? Wow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think she needs to sit in jail for what she did.

That said what a circus. The media is talking about how she used "hollow point" bullets that were in her duty weapon.

Comment

Jail time???
      Yes or No.
      If yes, how much time should she serve?

Comment

This case is making me crazy. I go back and forth with "point / counter point" in my head all day long. Assuming she is truthful and thought she was in her apartment:

Point: She killed an innocent man, and intended to do so, while he was eating ice cream in his own apartment. His biggest mistake was not making sure his door was latched.
        Counterpoint: She thought she was in her apartment.

Point: She could have backed out and called for help when she thought an intruder was in her apartment.
        Counterpoint: IF he came at her, which who wouldn't if you thought your apartment was being broken into, and she perceived a threat (in what she believed to be her apartment), should would be entitled to defend herself. The old adage of "it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" comes into play.

Point: She apparently didn't try to help the guy once she shot him. She apparently realized, more or less as soon as she fired the shots, that she effed up.
        Counterpoint: None. As soon as she realized she effed up, she should've been trying to help the guy.

I could go on, but you get the idea. In my heart i think she needs to do serious jail time. At the end of the day, she, and we, are responsible for our actions and the results thereof. She pulled the trigger and took a life. She owes a debt. BUT, i'm glad it wasn't me or one of my family members on either side of this equation.

As stated a couple of times: Justice is going to be hard to come by in this case, and not many people are going to be satisfied, whatever the result. I'm glad i'm not on that jury.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
          I wish there was a pretty detailed t.v. recap of trial proceedings, with impartial legal commentary, i could watch in the evenings. It'd be interesting. There isn't, is there?
          It is streaming on youtube.

Comment

It sounds like she’s doing a better job proving the case against her then defending herself. She admitted realizing there was someone in there before going in, admitted she intended to kill him, claimed she was doing cpr but didn’t have any of his blood on her, had a backpack full of first aid gear there but didn’t think to use any of it.

Comment

Originally posted by twobanger View Post
              It sounds like she’s doing a better job proving the case against her then defending herself. She admitted realizing there was someone in there before going in, admitted she intended to kill him, claimed she was doing cpr but didn’t have any of his blood on her, had a backpack full of first aid gear there but didn’t think to use any of it.
              Never know how someone is going to handle extreme stress.It appears she did not handle it very well.

Comment

I thought this case was a simple manslaughter case at most but I now can see why they charged her with murder. For me everything pointed to an accident and manslaughter but it turned for to murder when she failed to render aid and let him simply bleed out with very little effort to preserve his life. She actually rather text her partner while still on the phone with 911 instead of asking for instructions on how to perform CPR. It’s murder once she decided not to render aid to a person she mistakenly shot.

Comment

The oath of an officer is to service and protect the public.

Comment

Originally posted by Stampede View Post

No it’s not. It’s to uphold the laws and constitution of the state they’re in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Judge ruled they can use Stand Your ground for defense in jury deliberations.

Comment

Wow

It’s murder once she decided not to render aid to a person she mistakenly shot.
                        I've never seen that in any Penal Code that I've read.

Oh wait, SNAP, I feel like somebody on the wrong side of the fence, mill-piecing statements made by public figures to benefit my own agenda.

Okay, I'm back.....Is this kind of like, oh, never mind.

Comment

I thought this case was a simple manslaughter case at most but I now can see why they charged her with murder. For me everything pointed to an accident and manslaughter but it turned for to murder when she failed to render aid and let him simply bleed out with very little effort to preserve his life. She actually rather text her partner while still on the phone with 911 instead of asking for instructions on how to perform CPR. It’s murder once she decided not to render aid to a person she mistakenly shot.

/\/\/\/\ What he said, to me there is no excuse for not rendering aid after she shot him & realized her mistake
                          Last edited by woodsbound; 10-01-2019, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                            No it’s not. It’s to uphold the laws and constitution of the state they’re in.
                            Truth. The "serve and protect" was started with Adam 12 on TV. Hollywood put it on police cars. How can they possibly protect when they don't show up until after 911 is called?

Comment

Originally posted by woodsbound View Post
                              /\/\/\/\ What he said, to me there is no excuse for not rendering aid after she shot him & realized her mistake
                              I wonder what your response would be if the person that just shot you, started running up to you.

I could see manslaughter charges, but still feel like this is a accident. Kinda like when they raid the wrong house and shoot the wrong person. They don't charge the LE in those cases.

The back out and call LE, when you are LE, seems a little weak. I can see doing that as a civilian, but I doubt many LE that entered their own home and found a thief(her frame of mind) would back out.
                              Last edited by BrianL; 10-01-2019, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Tragedy all the way around. For both the deceased and the officer life as they once knew it is over. Only difference is one is still breathing and suffering 24/7.

Comment

Working...
                                X