No announcement yet.

Confirmation Hearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, I hope you are correct & your positive outcome projected would be ideal all the way around!! It would give Kav a little icing on the justice cake, but I doubt the opposition will simply shrug & fold their hand with what we all know the FBI findings will be.

I'm on the other side & suspect more drama on the horizon. Not a ton of confidence he's in as of tonite.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      The next objection the obstruction party will claim is he doesn't have the temperament to be on the Supreme court. Their evidence will be how fired up he was during the hearing.

I pray he gets confirmed and come November the country experiences a red tsunami
      The msm was already talking about that this afternoon.....they are like pitbulls on a daycare playground!

Comment

The fact is trump could nominate every candidate on his list one at a time and we would see the same circus and same defiant tactics

The republicans need to get a backbone and understand this. My opinion they risk to loose way more vote from the base by caving than they would by voting him in. People are sick of this mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

No wonder Brett k drinks so much beer.

Comment

What Trump should have come out and said was “ I authorize the FBI to investigate the BK allegations. I also authorize the FBI to investigate the congress members who the taxpayers have paid settlements for their own sexual misconduct . Justice works both ways. Let’s Make America Moral Again”

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
              The problem is it is not a criminal investigation. The FBI investigation will only provide "he said this and she said that". There will be no definitive proof or declaration of guilt or innocence by the FBI.
              This is correct. The FBI investigation won't result in any conclusions. It will state that they met with witnesses who testified to X,Y and Z. They will probably discuss the witnesses demeanor and willingness to cooperate. Thats about it. They provide information, other people get to draw conclusions.

Those conclusions are virtually meaningless because neither side has any definitive proof that any of this did or did not occur. There are a lot of lay people on both sides of the aisle saying things like, "I know its true" or I know its bull****." I find that an impossible position because there isn't enough evidence to support anyone knowing anything. This is how emotional people react to situations that make them angry or confused. They just ignore the facts, or lack thereof and decide they "know" what the truth is.

I think the only logical position on this is that you don't have enough information to know either way what happened that night. You can feel he did or didn't do it. You can believe he did or didn't do it. But you can't know he did or didn't do it.

There is also the possibility that both believe they're telling the truth. Ford could honestly mistakenly believe that Kavanaugh assaulted her when he did not. Kavanaugh could honestly mistakenly believe he never engaged in that conduct when he actually did.

Thats why this entire exercise is a waste of time. If you supported Trump for president, you don't believe Kavanaugh's accuser. If you supported Hillary, you don't believe Kavanaugh.

Kavanaugh has been put in the position of having to prove a negative, that he didn't do something. That is an impossibility and the reason why we require the state to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt rather than making a defendant prove that he didn't do something.

The accusations here are simply too remote for anyone to know whether they are true of false. They should not keep him from The Court.

If he doesn't get confirmed it won't be because of these allegations directly. It will be because he was so emotional the other night. Supreme Court Justices are deliberate and measured. Scalia would have handled that 100% differently.

Scalia would not have cried or raised his voice. He would have calmly said that the allegations were not true. He would have calmly stated that he never engaged in predatory behavior. He would have calmly pointed out that there was no evidence these allegations were true. He would have calmly stated that he was in an impossible position of having to disprove an allegation about conduct that occurred 35 years ago. He would have calmly and intelligently answered all questions posed him.

Comment

All Democrats should be embarrassed period! How in the hell could anyone want to be connected to this party?

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                  All Democrats should be embarrassed period! How in the hell could anyone want to be connected to this party?
                  Money, greed, power, persuasion, necessity, bribery... the dirty list goes on.

Comment

I wonder how available, for FBI interviews, the accuser will be over the next week????

Comment

Delusional to think his pass or fail was all tied to fall because of his strong emotional response & some sort of calm and controlled retort would make the dems vote hoorah thumbs up.

That is nothing short of MSNBC vomit you are hearing...the divide is drawn & no matter what kav did, we would still be on the same path. Oh my lord, the anger eximplifies the fact he doesn't have the temperament to be scotus. Give me a break, all of us would be off the rails!! He acted 'calm' compared to how anyone of us would have done in the same situation.

Screw the media and all those that think being falsely acused isn't worthy of excessive barking!!

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        I think this is a win/win - investigation clears Kav and he gets confirmed as planned all along.

They wanted the proof, and now he will be cleared.
                        My initial thoughts was this, but the reality is the Dems said they would oppose any candidate Trump nominated before he even nominated someone.

Also, I don't think the FBI Investigation in 7 days is going to tell us anything we don't already know. So, either more false statements will come out from other wackos, or when the investigation is done, the Dems are going to say you didn't give the FBI enough time to do an adequate investigation.

I was to busy to listen in today, but did anyone ask the question in agreeing to delay for 1 week, if it clears Kav will they promise a yes vote?

With they being Dems

Comment

Cause they’re either dumb or just as crooked.

Comment

I have a cousin that worked in Jimmy Carter’s administration she is a life long democrat. I have often wondered, knowing how she was raised, how she could support the dems. and their agenda.

To this day I cant figure it out and you cant discuss it with her or she loses her mind so I just avoid her at all cost.

Comment

It’s all like the twilight zone, there haven’t even been any criminal charges filed much less a report of the the crime by the victim so what the h$ll????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I think there are some things going on behind the scenes, but can’t put my finger on it.

President Trump hits back and hits back hard. But he is being very calm and uncharacteristically non partisan with this nomination being drug out. He’s the one who called for the fbi investigation yesterday afternoon. Something just tells me we are in for an October surprise of epic proportions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X