Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Mass shooting - Explain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    11 people being shot - Video showing a laser on a player's chest while playing one of the most popular video games ever is big news. I'm sorry if you don't believe it is.
    I think everyone can agree that the FL shooting is big news.

I probably watch more news than the average joe. I'm sure somebody can find an obscure note here or there, but I can't remember the last time I saw a real news story involving a Chicago shooting (unless it involved police) on fox, cnn, abc, nbc, cbs, etc... There is a double standard there. It doesn't fit the media's anti gun agenda.

Comment

11 people being shot - Video showing a laser on a player's chest while playing one of the most popular video games ever is big news. I'm sorry if you don't believe it is.
      Originally posted by LWC View Post

I probably watch more news than the average joe. I'm sure somebody can find an obscure note here or there, but I can't remember the last time I saw a real news story involving a Chicago shooting (unless it involved police) on fox, cnn, abc, nbc, cbs, etc... There is a double standard there. It doesn't fit the media's anti gun agenda.
      Exactly.

JJ needs to figure out what we're talking about. Or stop trolling.

Comment

Another kid pumped up on pharma's who had been institutionalized twice and still able to obtain a gun. People getting shot on a corner in the hood is not the same as a mass shooting. If a shooting happens on that fancy street in Chicago it will be major news, unfortunately until then its just gangbanger shooting gangbanger with innocents occasionally caught in the crossfire.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post

When the murder rates are at all time highs - I agree. When they have been in the news and movies made about them, then maybe its okay for it not to be front page news?

Especially when the numbers are declining.

Comment

When the murder rates are at all time highs - I agree. When they have been in the news and movies made about them, then maybe its okay for it not to be front page news?

Especially when the numbers are declining.
            Just stop already!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              Just stop already!
              Haha - you should know better by now.

Comment

Haha - you should know better by now.
                That's true.

Comment

Not to mention there's a downward trend in Chicago.
                  OK, so what about Mexico?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                    OK, so what about Mexico?
                    Well,............................................. ........we don't live there!!

Comment

This spring the U.S. Education Department reported that in the 2015-2016 school year, "nearly 240 schools ... reported at least 1 incident involving a school-related shooting." The number is far higher than most other estimates.

But NPR reached out to every one of those schools repeatedly over the course of three months and found that more than two-thirds of these reported incidents never happened

The federal government said schools reported 235 shootings in one school year. But an NPR investigation finds that more than two-thirds of these reported incidents never happened.

You have got to have your head stuck somewhere if you dont think this an agenda is being pushed here. This is from NPR

Comment

This spring the U.S. Education Department reported that in the 2015-2016 school year, "nearly 240 schools ... reported at least 1 incident involving a school-related shooting." The number is far higher than most other estimates.

But NPR reached out to every one of those schools repeatedly over the course of three months and found that more than two-thirds of these reported incidents never happened

The federal government said schools reported 235 shootings in one school year. But an NPR investigation finds that more than two-thirds of these reported incidents never happened.

You have got to have your head stuck somewhere if you dont think this an agenda is being pushed here. This is from NPR
                        No surprise. Ed.Dept. is a total joke. Wait wait they said "nearly". Come on man we are splitting hairs here.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                          Well,............................................. ........we don't live there!!
                          Getting close though LOL.

Comment

Comment

It's a lot like the Cruz shooter. At some point we need to start looking at the meds these shooters are taking .

"Katz, who was 24, was prescribed a number of psychiatric medications, including an antipsychotic, and saw "a succession of psychiatrists," according to a 2006 letter from the father's attorney. A separate 2006 court filing states that a therapist said David had experienced a "psychiatric crisis."

CNN also obtained police records that show 26 calls for service to the police from the Katz family home in Columbia, Maryland, from 1993 to 2009, for issues ranging from "mental illness" to domestic disputes."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X