Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Mass shooting - Explain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three fatal or nonfatal injuries (excluding shooter)

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
      I get a weekend shot in Chicago update every Monday on USA Today app ...
      but vast majority of Chicago shootings are not covered on main news websites for days on end

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        Differing agendas
        This
        News organizations know most people will associate Chicago shootings with gang or other criminal activity and thereby dismiss it. However anytime something happens in an opposite type situation the media will play the coverage as long as possible with as much hype/incendiary verbiage as is acceptable

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
          This
          News organizations know most people will associate Chicago shootings with gang or other criminal activity and thereby dismiss it. However anytime something happens in an opposite type situation the media will play the coverage as long as possible with as much hype/incendiary verbiage as is acceptable
          i agree but the main reason they dismiss anything in Chicago is that its the "hometown" of their basssturd child obammy and his ghetto hag. cant say anything to make them look like failures in all their community service before they defiled the white house

Comment

This
            I just said it’s listed every Monday in my USA Today app - they literally tally the shootings and fatalities for the weekend.

How is that dismissive?

Comment

This
              If they covered each Chicago shooting like they do other mass shootings they would need more than 24 hours in a day. It would make these crazy white boy shooting seem not near as bad. Can't have that.

Comment

They should have given him a participation trophy. This shooting could have been prevented.

Comment

I just said it’s listed every Monday in my USA Today app - they literally tally the shootings and fatalities for the weekend.

How is that dismissive?
                  Avoiding headlines. All other shootings make headlines. Chicago shootings are just a ho-hum footnote.

Comment

How is that dismissive?
                    My dismissive reference was to the general populace not to news media.

The news media knows they cannot further their agenda with Chicago violence as they do with “non-gangish” shootings/violence because people will automatically dismiss it as gang violence that shouldn’t relate to their lives. USA Today app may keep a running tally but how does their website or other media outlets cover it on an ongoing daily basis? Honestly don’t know but willing to wager it’s not as long as they’ll cover this incident unless the Chicago shooting is really spectacular.

Comment

Reported the FL shooter looks to have history of possible mental disorders...he's white & crazy. It fits the narrative for more nationwide gun control.

The mass Chicago shootings are black on black / gang related & already have the very same restrictive gun measures in place they are looking to implement & destroys the very argument. MSM knows it doesn't fit the narrative.

Mexico has multiple mass shootings on a daily basis...you cannot create anymore restrictive gun laws in Mex. They would be better off arming the free people & let them take the country back, but that would include the govt who's bedding with the narcos.

~~~~~~~~~~~

JJ...that report is not dismissive amigo. awry has a point. It's the fact Chicago mass shootings simply don't get the same overall attn because of the obvious differences between the shooters, the victims & the gun laws in place of where it routinely happens. It's becoming the norm & the media cannot capitalize on same type of tragedy. Sad & pathetic.

Comment

I guess you can find what you would like to - Chiraq is a thing, and it garnered a TON of attention. No other city gets their plight reported on more than Chicago, and it's not even really close.

Not to mention there's a downward trend in Chicago.

Comment

I guess you can find what you would like to - Chiraq is a thing, and it garnered a TON of attention. No other city gets their plight reported on more than Chicago, and it's not even really close.

Not to mention there's a downward trend in Chicago.
                          Are you joking? I can't remember ever seeing a shooting in Chicago on the news...Ever.. Not on my regular stations.

But this last "mass" shooting came in a text alert on my wife's phone, was posted on TBH, and was on every single channel for 2 days (I didn't watch TV yesterday so who knows).

Comment

There are more egregious examples than Chicago. The Sutherland Springs Church shooting disappeared real quick from the news cycle. People outside of Texas don't even know it happened. Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              Are you joking? I can't remember ever seeing a shooting in Chicago on the news...Ever.. Not on my regular stations.

But this last "mass" shooting came in a text alert on my wife's phone, was posted on TBH, and was on every single channel for 2 days (I didn't watch TV yesterday so who knows).
                              11 people being shot - Video showing a laser on a player's chest while playing one of the most popular video games ever is big news. I'm sorry if you don't believe it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                                There are more egregious examples than Chicago. The Sutherland Springs Church shooting disappeared real quick from the news cycle. People outside of Texas don't even know it happened. Why is that?
                                Because a good guy with an AR shot the shooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X