Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
    I'm shocked you would see it that way.

The post I replied to is an inaccurate generalization that ignores a week of political discourse regarding the need for congressional authorization of force against Syria.

The big irony here lies with Trump's new "America First" policy on Syria and the grief he's taking from "America First" conservatives for it. That said, Alex Jones' pathetically hilarious crybaby act and F-bomb assault on Trump is in a league of it's own.

Thems r purty words you always talk. I like that purty talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      What balls does he have? Won't be him or his rich kids sent to fight.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Didnt know you were a vet. Thank you for your service.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
        Here's the way I look at it president Trump had to respond because any nation that has any morals cannot allow chemical weapon attacks up on its citizens by any country if they have the ability to stop it.

With that being said he also was sending a message to Iran and Russia as well as Syria that he will intervene and he is not going to be pushed around buy cheap hollow talk from bully dictators.

This is a message to the world including North Korea and China that America is back to being a leader and when we lead from the front and can control the situation it usually means less military action is needed in the future.

Obama tried the tough talk with no action route and it's the very thing that created the circumstances so that Russia had free reign and they knew it if you look at Russia's actions after Obama failed to enforce the red line

When President Trump started talking to shorty over in North Korea like a little punk kid at least it moved him off dead center to agree to talk with the president and a possible path towards denuclearization. I understand this is yet to be proven but at least there's hope that it's possible although I won't believe it until I see it. I believe the president is doing the very best he can with the circumstances and I stand behind him.

As in most situations there are circumstances that the average citizen is unaware of that helps you to make a decision as to whether or not military action will be employed. I'm sure as you sit there trying to decide what is the correct action to take the gravity of the situation begins to settle in the pain you.

President Trump is not perfect by any means and we will never have a president that is but I commend president Trump for stepping forward and trying to take corrective action that this nation desperately needed. The left is doing everything they can to tear him down and destroy him and our country. He answered the call and stepped forward at a time in his life where he could have just enjoyed his golden years but chose to step forward.

As in most situations doing the right thing is never easy or even popular.
        Peace through strength

Comment

I'm shocked you would see it that way.

The post I replied to is an inaccurate generalization that ignores a week of political discourse regarding the need for congressional authorization of force against Syria.

The big irony here lies with Trump's new "America First" policy on Syria and the grief he's taking from "America First" conservatives for it. That said, Alex Jones' pathetically hilarious crybaby act and F-bomb assault on Trump is in a league of it's own.
          Point being is the hypocrisy of the liberal left. Had Trump done nothing, the Dems would be accusing Trump of not crossing Putin. Now they are screaming that Trump will start a war with Putin. The hipocracy, and all out assault on the President, is not going unnoticed by the American people, I assure you.

What is continually funny is, you claim to be a centrist, but only speak up when you have something negative to say about Republicans. Funny you were absent during the numerous illegal goings on by the Democrats. I'm not sure you even know what a true centrist is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
            Them kids didn’t have a chance......I really don’t know what to think
            No they did not....."if it was a real attack!!" Last time some on tbh were saying crap like this was all staged......gee-zus!!!!
            It is done now, hopefully it won't expand. It is odd that our president broadcasted his actions after campaigning "to NEVER let our enemy know our actions "...........duh!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
              Here's the way I look at it president Trump had to respond because any nation that has any morals cannot allow chemical weapon attacks up on its citizens by any country if they have the ability to stop it.

With that being said he also was sending a message to Iran and Russia as well as Syria that he will intervene and he is not going to be pushed around buy cheap hollow talk from bully dictators.

This is a message to the world including North Korea and China that America is back to being a leader and when we lead from the front and can control the situation it usually means less military action is needed in the future.

Obama tried the tough talk with no action route and it's the very thing that created the circumstances so that Russia had free reign and they knew it if you look at Russia's actions after Obama failed to enforce the red line

When President Trump started talking to shorty over in North Korea like a little punk kid at least it moved him off dead center to agree to talk with the president and a possible path towards denuclearization. I understand this is yet to be proven but at least there's hope that it's possible although I won't believe it until I see it. I believe the president is doing the very best he can with the circumstances and I stand behind him.

As in most situations there are circumstances that the average citizen is unaware of that helps you to make a decision as to whether or not military action will be employed. I'm sure as you sit there trying to decide what is the correct action to take the gravity of the situation begins to settle in the pain you.

President Trump is not perfect by any means and we will never have a president that is but I commend president Trump for stepping forward and trying to take corrective action that this nation desperately needed. The left is doing everything they can to tear him down and destroy him and our country. He answered the call and stepped forward at a time in his life where he could have just enjoyed his golden years but chose to step forward.

As in most situations doing the right thing is never easy or even popular.
              Peace through strength works.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

This right here. Look at history, even recent history. You do nothing and the threats escalate and invade your home. USS Cole prior to 911 Bombings, Hitler/Nazism prior to Occupations and Genocide, on and on..... It translates to personal life too, let the youth of our country remain undisciplined, unparented and raised by a video game = Anti-social, immoral acts such as school shootings, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                Point being is the hypocrisy of the liberal left. Had Trump done nothing, the Dems would be accusing Trump of not crossing Putin. Now they are screaming that Trump will start a war with Putin. The hipocracy, and all out assault on the President, is not going unnoticed by the American people, I assure you.

What is continually funny is, you claim to be a centrist, but only speak up when you have something negative to say about Republicans. Funny you were absent during the numerous illegal goings on by the Democrats. I'm not sure you even know what a true centrist is.
                I think your first paragraph is misinformed speculation. Key players in the Democrat congressional leadership, along with some Republicans, made it pretty clear last week that they were opposed to Syria strikes without a new congressional authorization of force. That didn't happen, and the same Democrats and Republicans are now critical of the administration for not seeking a new congressional authorization of force. This may or may not be a misguided position that they took, but it is consistent.

I engage with political ideologues on both sides of the political spectrum. The CEP forum has an overwhelmingly conservative political bias, and so any centrist here is going to be drawn to engage in ideologically-biased posts from conservatives. I've not seen any liberal ideologues here to engage with. If you see one, PM me. Meanwhile, if you'd like to join me in engaging with Democrats in a liberal echo chamber, follow the forum at politicalwire.com.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                  Thems r purty words you always talk. I like that purty talk.

Sorry...I forgot I was in the CEP forum. I'lll try to dumb it down in the future.

Comment

Strikes in Syria

The whole thing is a freaking charade. They tell the Russians where those bombs are going to fall before hand so that no Russians or killed and it doesn’t escalate. Those bombs fell on empty buildings. Nothing else. Big waste of time. $Billion wasted and US lives risked for nothing.

Comment

Regardless of where you stand on fighting in Syria, the real problem is that the US policy is, and has been "we can't decide what to do". If you're going to stay out of a war, stay out of it. If you're going to get involved, then unleash hell and never let up til the job's done. These one day a year bombings aren't hampering Assad in the slightest and do nothing to further our cause in the region.

Comment

We don't need to be screwing around with Syria. I thought Trump knew what was really going on there. Guess I was wrong.
                        Now ISIS and any other FUBAR group will be safe to expand.
                        Semper fi.
                        God bless

Comment

I think your first paragraph is misinformed speculation. Key players in the Democrat congressional leadership, along with some Republicans, made it pretty clear last week that they were opposed to Syria strikes without a new congressional authorization of force. That didn't happen, and the same Democrats and Republicans are now critical of the administration for not seeking a new congressional authorization of force. This may or may not be a misguided position that they took, but it is consistent.

I engage with political ideologues on both sides of the political spectrum. The CEP forum has an overwhelmingly conservative political bias, and so any centrist here is going to be drawn to engage in ideologically-biased posts from conservatives. I've not seen any liberal ideologues here to engage with. If you see one, PM me. Meanwhile, if you'd like to join me in engaging with Democrats in a liberal echo chamber, follow the forum at politicalwire.com.
                          Fair enough on your first paragraph.

Your second paragraph is a bit confusing though. While this forum is definitely a conservative echo chamber, there have definitely been plenty of discussions that a centrist would have shown his true colors, not only currently, but before and during the 2016 Presidential election as well. Fact is, you seem to play devils advocate to this echo chamber, but fail to show the same candor when obvious opportunities arise often. As far as liberal echo chambers are concerned, I took you more as a democraticunderground.com kind of guy. Hence part of my confusion. Maybe you obtain ammunition in the DU forum in order to play devils advocate in the politicalwire forum? I don't know for sure, because that, too, would be misinformed speculation. I'm pretty confident in my speculations though.

Comment

Sorry...I forgot I was in the CEP forum. I'lll try to dumb it down in the future.

I says I likes the purty words. Dont stop. [emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                              The whole thing is a freaking charade. They tell the Russians where those bombs are going to fall before hand so that no Russians or killed and it doesn’t escalate. Those bombs fell on empty buildings. Nothing else. Big waste of time. $Billion wasted and US lives risked for nothing.

Just the bottom line! !!!

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                                Regardless of where you stand on fighting in Syria, the real problem is that the US policy is, and has been "we can't decide what to do". If you're going to stay out of a war, stay out of it. If you're going to get involved, then unleash hell and never let up til the job's done. These one day a year bombings aren't hampering Assad in the slightest and do nothing to further our cause in the region.
                                Fair statements on this mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X