Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Camon Texas.... Dangit!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigWes View Post
    4 things I see here:
    1 - The first mid-term of a change in the presidential party get's the other party out much stronger due to their motivation to oppose the sitting president. It happens a lot. Republicans did it in 2010. That doesn't mean the majority in congress will shift, but it's the easiest time for the opposition party to gain seats.
    2 - Democrats typically lead in raw numbers during early voting. I havn't seen overall turnout numbers yet, but I'd bet that Republicans made significant gains on election day.
    3 - Republicans had fewer "hotly contested" primaries. Due to less drama, it's less likely to bring them out in droves.
    4 - While primary elections are important, the general is where it counts in the balance of power. The question is will R's have enough motivation to go vote? If they do, they'll show their sheer dominance by numbers remain in Texas.
    I agree with this assessment. I voted yesterday and only about 1/3 of my ballot had more than one candidate. I could see why many people would stay home. If you didn't live in one of the hotly contested districts there really wasn't much to vote for. As long as we show up to the general election we'll be fine. Being passive in the primary is fine, but we need to show up for the general. Dems will.

Comment

I read yesterday where it will not be an issue. Texas is RED.

I voted.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
        I agree with this assessment. I voted yesterday and only about 1/3 of my ballot had more than one candidate. I could see why many people would stay home. If you didn't live in one of the hotly contested districts there really wasn't much to vote for. As long as we show up to the general election we'll be fine. Being passive in the primary is fine, but we need to show up for the general. Dems will.
        I'll add a couple more things. This turn Texas blue, blue wave thing that big media has been pushing is a liberal's wet dream. Keep in mind that there is some truth to the notion that a lie repeated enough will be believed and a sense of defeat can be a self fulfilling prophecy. Also true is the fact that the only thing needed for one side to win is for the other to do nothing. As you said, if we show up in the general, we'll be fine.

Also, it would go a long way for Texas to spend a little money to get the message out that the reason we are so prosperous and there are so many job opportunities for people moving here from blue states is that we have put conservative principles into practice. But it needs to be done in a way that is not viewed as a political message. Otherwise, it will simply make liberal thinkers stop listening immediately. Lt. Dan tried this but it was simply a call to republican voters to go vote, and was likely tuned out by any democrat voter.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWes View Post
          I'll add a couple more things. This turn Texas blue, blue wave thing that big media has been pushing is a liberal's wet dream. Keep in mind that there is some truth to the notion that a lie repeated enough will be believed and a sense of defeat can be a self fulfilling prophecy. Also true is the fact that the only thing needed for one side to win is for the other to do nothing. As you said, if we show up in the general, we'll be fine.

Also, it would go a long way for Texas to spend a little money to get the message out that the reason we are so prosperous and there are so many job opportunities for people moving here from blue states is that we have put conservative principles into practice. But it needs to be done in a way that is not viewed as a political message. Otherwise, it will simply make liberal thinkers stop listening immediately. Lt. Dan tried this but it was simply a call to republican voters to go vote, and was likely tuned out by any democrat voter.
          The mystery is why do all of these people that leave "Blue states" and come to a "Red state" only to bring their "Blue state" culture and mentality with them.... Look no further than Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and now Austin.... I'm now hearing that the little town of Bandera is being taken over as well by "Blue state" yuppies...
          Is it because they don't like living in a blue state or is it actually part of a master plan? If you listen to them it's part of THE master plan to turn Texas blue..
          I think we have plenty of reason to be concerned.. I'm definetly not one that says it will never happen.. Texas is more blue now than it was 8 years ago.. Trends don't lie.. But if it does it does.. All I can do is my part and that's it.. No need to worry about something I personally have no control over.. It just blows my mind when I people say "ehh I don't ever vote. I don't like politics".... SMDH..
          I hear that all the time..
          Last edited by PondPopper; 03-07-2018, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
            Cant do anything about all the new people moving here
            Build a wall!

All the way around Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
              It's the highest democrat voter turnout since 2002 - when Obama won his first term and the democrats took a super majority in the US senate.
              Obama didnt run for President until 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                I thought you could only vote in the primary for the party you are registered for? When I go to vote in the primaries I get the Republican ballot and there are not Democrats on that ballot. Unless something has changed.
                Wrong you just have state which primary you WANT to vote in when you go to the voting location. A bunch of liberals crossed over in the primaries to vote for Trump because they thought he would be the easiest candidate to beat. I still laugh my *** off because of that. My liberal friends never hear the end of it from me.

Comment

Stop believing all the crap you hear on the news. Texas isnt a swing state on the federal level. The liberals are trying their darndest to wish it so but it isnt. The thing that concerns me the most is Soros buying up all the DA elections. He wasnt to control what is getting prosecuted and what isnt. He dumped 1 million dollars into the San Antonio DA race for the candidate that won. And did the same thing in Harris county in the last election. Now our State Legislature is another story.....full of liberals and RINOs. They make me sick. Most of them run unopposed in the primaries.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    Stop believing all the crap you hear on the news. Texas isnt a swing state on the federal level. The liberals are trying their darndest to wish it so but it isnt. The thing that concerns me the most is Soros buying up all the DA elections. He wasnt to control what is getting prosecuted and what isnt. He dumped 1 million dollars into the San Antonio DA race for the candidate that won. And did the same thing in Harris county in the last election. Now our State Legislature is another story.....full of liberals and RINOs. They make me sick. Most of them run unopposed in the primaries.
                    Yep.. We had a full blown democrat running as a republican, in the recent primary, against the republican incumbent in one of our County Commissioner races... He lost though...

Those Suckers are trying to sneak in any way they can.. Watch'em!!!

Comment

It clearly says you can only vote in ONE primary. Either/Or. Not both. When you enter your code it takes you to the ONE you specified.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Sooooooooo Soros is clearly attempting to manipulate the voting system, but no special prosecutor to investigate. Sounds like a double standard to me? What a disgusting human being.

Comment

It's too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            It clearly says you can only vote in ONE primary. Either/Or. Not both. When you enter your code it takes you to the ONE you specified.
                            It can be either one though. The little **** democrats vote in the rebublican primaries to try to get a weaker candidate.

Comment

Only stipulation though is that in the event of a runoff in a primary, you must vote in the runoff primary only for candidates that are in the party you chose to vote for in the primary. Once the general is here, you can vote for candidates in either/both parties...

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                That is correct. In the last primary a lot of liberals "crossed over" to vote in the Republican primary instead of the Democrat primary.

Comment

Working...
                                X