Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Chipper Jones always been this stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Chipper Jones always been this stupid?

Originally posted by Hocks & horns View Post
    No I don't think they should confiscate the AR's already sold, but it wouldn't break my heart if they stopped the sale of them to civilians, or large capacity clips. No, I don't think the AR is as good of a platform as a bolt action for hunting. Do many people carry an AR for large game hunting? No. Are many going to think it's practical to carry a AR in the mountains of Colorado on an elk hunt? No. Do you need 15-30 rounds in a clip to kill a game animal? No. Was the AR originally designed for military use? Yes. Has the AR platform been used lately by people for mass shootings? Yes. Is it the guns fault? No. Multiple round clips make it easy for the shooter to keep pulling the trigger and allow them to reload quickly. I personally think it's more of a culture of violent video games in which people feel invincible with an AR in their hands. No, I don't want restrictions on anything because I don't want the dems to feel they can just keep taking. I'm afraid it would open a door that can't be closed. But I also don't want to keep seeing schools and churches shot to pieces out of a weapon that isn't really needed. Would the shooters just use another type of gun? Maybe. But I don't think they could pile up the body count like they can with 30 rounds. Every law was created to keep the masses from the destruction of the stupid minority. It's crazy that people can't have a civil discussion and disagree without flying off the handle. If you disagree with what I believe that's fine that's your opinion.

Almost twice as many people were killed in the Virginia tech shooting. Would you be ok with them banning semi auto handguns as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So should we ban gasoline and matches?

(Originally published by the Daily News on March 26, 1990. This story was written by Larry Celona, Stuart Marques, Eddie Borges, Albert Davila, Ingrid Devita, Robert Fleming, Robert Gearty, Mel Gre…

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        So should we ban gasoline and matches?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2152091
        Nah, we band the 90's 18 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
          Almost twice as many people were killed in the Virginia tech shooting. Would you be ok with them banning semi auto handguns as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          He had time and chained the kids in. Florida took 6 minutes and Sutherland springs didn't take long either. Again I'm not in love with them banning anything, but I'm open to discussion. Both sides are acting like spoiled kids and can't give an inch. No discussion, just pig headed and the other is an idiot because they don't have the same opinion.

Comment

What would the Green Screen say to the purchase of a weapon, in the AR platform, the buyer had to under go training on how to use it, clean it, care for it, and 100 hours of field and range time training? Along with the standard background plus psych background check as well. For ages 18-21?

Edit..only certain gun ranges would qualify as training facilities. These ranges would have weapons available for rental and purchase of ammo as well. The client would have to sign in with a personal pin and a finger print ID to get credit for said time on the range. The client would also be watched over by a certified trainer. And that trainer would have to certify his time at the range as well.
            Last edited by icetrauma; 03-01-2018, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Id say you bought into the hype that an AR is an assault rifle.

Comment

No I don't think they should confiscate the AR's already sold, but it wouldn't break my heart if they stopped the sale of them to civilians, or large capacity clips. No, I don't think the AR is as good of a platform as a bolt action for hunting. Do many people carry an AR for large game hunting? No. Are many going to think it's practical to carry a AR in the mountains of Colorado on an elk hunt? No. Do you need 15-30 rounds in a clip to kill a game animal? No. Was the AR originally designed for military use? Yes. Has the AR platform been used lately by people for mass shootings? Yes. Is it the guns fault? No. Multiple round clips make it easy for the shooter to keep pulling the trigger and allow them to reload quickly. I personally think it's more of a culture of violent video games in which people feel invincible with an AR in their hands. No, I don't want restrictions on anything because I don't want the dems to feel they can just keep taking. I'm afraid it would open a door that can't be closed. But I also don't want to keep seeing schools and churches shot to pieces out of a weapon that isn't really needed. Would the shooters just use another type of gun? Maybe. But I don't think they could pile up the body count like they can with 30 rounds. Every law was created to keep the masses from the destruction of the stupid minority. It's crazy that people can't have a civil discussion and disagree without flying off the handle. If you disagree with what I believe that's fine that's your opinion.
                I think you points are very valid..
                I don't own a AR 15 and never have but I do have a few old Remington 742 Woodmasters(automatics)because I like collecting them..
                That being said I tend to agree with a lot of what you say.. BUT The problems we are facing are more complicated than just banning the future sell of 1 particular firearm.. The "very few" bad guys will still have them because there are millions already in this country... Unless there is an all out confiscation, which I am totally AGAINST, none of this matters.. The main "stat" that I see, that sticks out the most, is that 95% of mass shootings occur in 'GUN FREE ZONES"... Now to me I see this as being the biggest, most critical, piece of this puzzle.. Soft targets will always be they #1 prey to these lunatics no matter what their weapon of choice is.. Fort Hood is a prime example.. He used a 9mm pistol. Those soldiers were UNARMED....SMH.. Ill never understand that one..
                Its not rocket science..
                Last edited by PondPopper; 03-01-2018, 06:58 AM.

Comment

He had time and chained the kids in. Florida took 6 minutes and Sutherland springs didn't take long either. Again I'm not in love with them banning anything, but I'm open to discussion. Both sides are acting like spoiled kids and can't give an inch. No discussion, just pig headed and the other is an idiot because they don't have the same opinion.
                  True he did lock the kids in, so what's to stop anyone else from doing that with handguns? What happens when we ban AR15's, then another kid walks into a school, locks the doors again and starts shooting. Do you think they are just going to say "thank goodness we banned AR15's !"? No, they are going to call for our handguns. Then the next time our shotguns etc.

As many have been saying, we are falling for a trap. School shootings are very rare. Schools are safer, and there is less violent crime today than the 90's when there was an Auto weapons ban. There really isn't anything to back up a ban outside of feelings and tyranny.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Id say you bought into the hype that an AR is an assault rifle.
                    I own a AR. They are not good hunting rifles and you don't need that many rounds in a clip to kill an animal. Can you hunt with them yes. I bought mine to kill pigs out of a helicopter, until I realized a shotgun was better. They designed the AR to be used by the military, to unload a large amount of bullets quick. Surely you don't believe it was designed for hunting. Why would you need 20-30 rounds to hunt?

Comment

I own a AR. They are not good hunting rifles and you don't need that many rounds in a clip to kill an animal. Can you hunt with them yes. I bought mine to kill pigs out of a helicopter, until I realized a shotgun was better. They designed the AR to be used by the military, to unload a large amount of bullets quick. Surely you don't believe it was designed for hunting. Why would you need 20-30 rounds to hunt?
                      so many things wrong. tsk tsk.
                      congrats on your membership.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        True he did lock the kids in, so what's to stop anyone else from doing that with handguns? What happens when we ban AR15's, then another kid walks into a school, locks the doors again and starts shooting. Do you think they are just going to say "thank goodness we banned AR15's !"? No, they are going to call for our handguns. Then the next time our shotguns etc.

As many have been saying, we are falling for a trap. School shootings are very rare. Schools are safer, and there is less violent crime today than the 90's when there was an Auto weapons ban. There really isn't anything to back up a ban outside of feelings and tyranny.
                        That's what I'm afraid of also. One side can't give or take a little without wanting everything. I don't think stopping the sale of AR's will stop all mass casualties. If it stopped half I'm good with that.

Comment

Hunting doesn’t have ANYTHING to with WANTING to own an AR. And NOTHING to do with the 2nd amendment.

You keep circling back around to hunting. I’m not bashful about saying why I own ARs and hunting isn’t the primary reason. I definitely use them for that and have been very successful with them but your hunting point is irrelevant so no need to keep using it’s your basis of argument.

And again it doesn’t matter what you or anyone thinks about my or anyone else’s needs.

And finally........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            so many things wrong. tsk tsk.
                            congrats on your membership.
                            You didn't answer my question. Why do you need 20-30 rounds to kill? Are you that bad of a shot?

Comment

By what measure is it not a good hunting rifle? Why do you need 3 rounds to hunt? One single shot could do it. In fact, why do you even need a repeating action? A break open, single shot rifle or shotgun is more than enough. Actually, since this is about hunting, why do you need that rifle out and ready? Let's go ahead and require you to keep it locked up, disassembled and away from ammo like in Australia. Heck, if we are going to do that, why don't you just go ahead and keep it at a certified range or the Sheriff's office. You can sign it out when you go hunting.

Our right to own them has nothing to do with hunting. I don't understand why people get caught up on that.

Comment

Do you want to sell that AR.. I need one.. No I just want one..

Comment

Working...
                                X