Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Chipper Jones always been this stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    LoL
    Are you serious?
    Do your research again.
    Armalite specifically designed it as a AK47 killer
    They wanted the soldiers to be able to carry a bunch of lightweight ammo around

The AR15 is purely a weapon of war made to fit a niche for the military.

Was it initially marketed to hunters or the average Joe to be lightweight and more accurate as you sat in your blind?
    Nope.
    That's like saying a MRAP was designed for the ultimate outdoorsman.
    LoL

Oh and the semi auto part was put in because the military found out soldiers were more accurate with semi bursts instead of just wanton full auto
    Maybe you should do some research. The Armalite AR15 has always been a select fire rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Hocks & horns View Post
      You didn't answer my question. Why do you need 20-30 rounds to kill? Are you that bad of a shot?

How do you feel about 10/22s? They have magazines that can hold 10+ rounds. How many is too much? 30? 50? How about any other semi auto? You want them all limited too?
      You keep talking about needing 20-30 rounds to hunt...what about 3 gun competitions? Competitive target shooters? And I hunt with a .308 AR. When I’m killing hogs at night in an open field, I absolutely need 20-30 rounds without fumbling around in the dark to reload.
      You don’t use them as a hunting gun? Fine. Don’t. But don’t presume to tell anyone else they can’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        Maybe you should do some research. The Armalite AR15 has always been a select fire rifle.
        That was interpreted wrong.
        I'm saying the military requested the gym be made semi select instead of full time auto because of accuracy.
        There are a million videos on this on YouTube and Netflix.
        I've watched a handful.

History channel has a series where they take one piece of military firepower and do the history on it
        I remember one about the m1 Abrams

Comment

LoL
          Are you serious?
          Do your research again.
          Armalite specifically designed it as a AK47 killer
          They wanted the soldiers to be able to carry a bunch of lightweight ammo around

The AR15 is purely a weapon of war made to fit a niche for the military.

Was it initially marketed to hunters or the average Joe to be lightweight and more accurate as you sat in your blind?
          Nope.
          That's like saying a MRAP was designed for the ultimate outdoorsman.
          LoL

Oh and the semi auto part was put in because the military found out soldiers were more accurate with semi bursts instead of just wanton full auto

I am serious. Like dozens of other firearms, the AR 15 was never used by the military. It was NEVER designed to fire full auto.
          Eugene stoner designed the AR15. A SEMIAUTO rifle. It was never adapted by the military. Colt bought the design. They used it as a base, added select fire and designated it the M16.
          As for your comment “purely a weapon of war” shows your knowledge of this history. It NEVER was used in a war. The civilian market is in the millions. Do you think all those people are using them to kill people? All rifles combined kill 250 people a year. There are 6 million AR rifles in this country. I wonder what people are doing with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
            I am serious. Like dozens of other firearms, the AR 15 was never used by the military. It was NEVER designed to fire full auto.
            Eugene stoner designed the AR15. A SEMIAUTO rifle. It was never adapted by the military. Colt bought the design. They used it as a base, added select fire and designated it the M16.
            As for your comment “purely a weapon of war” shows your knowledge of this history. It NEVER was used in a war. The civilian market is in the millions. Do you think all those people are using them to kill people? All rifles combined kill 250 people a year. There are 6 million AR rifles in this country. I wonder what people are doing with them?
            So what was the intended program for the AR as it was initially designed?
            A true lightweight design to hunt white tail?
            Something to go after big game with in Africa?
            Home/self defense?
            Truck gun?

Comment

Why does it matter if it was designed for war? The second amendment doesn’t say we should be limited from having guns designed for war. It actually says the opposite.

Another quick thought for those arguing there is no self defense need. Didn’t the guy who shot the church shooter run out of ammo because he only had ten or so rounds loaded in his magazine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Home/self defense?

Truck gun?

Sorry you got your info wrong, but it doesn’t change that you were wrong. And to be historically accurate, every semi auto we use today started as a concept presented to the military, whether it was accepted or not. None, not one, was originally designed for a whitetail rifle. Same with mausers, trapdoors, bolt actions, and lever actions. ALL developed with the hope the military would buy them. Some became cornerstone military arms, some didn’t. All were then adapted by civilians for hunting and shooting. ARs are just the latest one of a long line. And NOW, ARs are absolutely used for hunting Whitetails and a lot of other things in dozens of variations and calibers.

Comment

Home/self defense?

Truck gun?

Why does any of that really matter. With that logic they would then try to ban M1 garands, Springfields 1903's, M1 carbines, 1911's, Sig P320's, beretta M9's etc...

You can't legislate CRAZY!

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    Why does it matter if it was designed for war? The second amendment doesn’t say we should be limited from having guns designed for war. It actually says the opposite.
                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
                    Why does any of that really matter. With that logic they would then try to ban M1 garands, Springfields 1903's, M1 carbines, 1911's, Sig P320's, beretta M9's etc...

You can't legislate CRAZY!
                    It matters because the discussion "in real life" that has been brought up is that "assault rifles" were only designed and manufactured as a weapon of war to kill many HUMAN BEINGS as quickly and effortlessly as possible.

And human "kind" doesn't like the way that looks or sounds.

So a way to combat that is to show that the AR15 was not designed only to kill a lot of people effortlessly.

Comment

It matters because the discussion "in real life" that has been brought up is that "assault rifles" were only designed and manufactured as a weapon of war to kill many HUMAN BEINGS as quickly and effortlessly as possible.

So a way to combat that is to show that the AR15 was not designed only to kill a lot of people effortlessly.
                      Was the .223 round designed to kill or wound?

Comment

And human "kind" doesn't like the way that looks or sounds.

Yet you yourself posted right here on this thread that ARs have no use outside the military...that they only have one purpose....

Comment

Looks to me that when Hocks and horns got tired and threw his torch down texansfan came in and picked it up. I learned long ago that you can't reason someone out of what they didn't reason themselves into. That is why the Republicans/conservatives can't get anywhere with the Democrats/liberals.

Comment

Why do y'all feed the Troll? He gets his jollies getting you guys to try to compete with his nonsense. Just stop and he will hopefully go away

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

He lost me at "clip"

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                                When was a true "assault rifle" used in a mass shooting? Chipper and all the other snowflake/libtards do not even know what an assault rifle is.
                                This name was given to the AR15 and everything else that "looks" like that by the lying left leaning media who have been lying about virtually everything since Trump started his run to the Presidency.
                                If it does not fit their ideology, then it is evil and they will do anything to destroy it, the common sense people and our country.
                                You covered it very well!

Comment

Working...
                                X