Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Vote Against Trump is a Vote for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you put a gun to my head and said you have to vote for Hillary or Trump to be president of the US for all times, I guess I would vote for Trump and roll the dice. But since we get to vote every 4 years and I think he will harm conservatism more than he helps it, I will have to pass this time.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      Here you go.

I must be having serious comprehension issues. I don't see anywhere in there a mention of Hillary getting more votes than Trump here in Texas.

Of course, it's pretty typical in our current political/social media climate to intentionally twist words so it's easier to vilify those that don't agree with you, huh?
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        I must be having serious comprehension issues. I don't see anywhere in there a mention of Hillary getting more votes than Trump here in Texas.

Of course, it's pretty typical in our current political/social media climate to intentionally twist words so it's easier to vilify those that don't agree with you, huh?
        He is saying that if enough people(democrats)vote for Hillary and enough of the voters, that are left, have the flippant mindset that Texas will "be red" regardless, and waste their vote on someone other than Trump or chose not to vote at all, things can and will change quickly.

Let the crying begin..
        Last edited by PondPopper; 07-23-2016, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Conservative values and spending along with constitutional adherence is no longer the GOP. We are now a minority and a trend that will continue to shift.

The GOP does not represent me. For that matter none of our govt does...and it's getting worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
            Conservative values and spending along with constitutional adherence is no longer the GOP. We are now a minority and a trend that will continue to shift.

The GOP does not represent me. For that matter none of our govt does...and it's getting worse.
            I agree but we can either help speed it up by wasting a vote OR slow it down the best we can by voting as responsibly as possible..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              I agree but we can either help speed it up by wasting a vote OR slow it down the best we can by voting as responsibly as possible..
              To be honest I am struggling with that....I really want to believe trump and pray if he wins he pulls of just 1/2 of his promises in the past 6 months.

He just really reminds me of the snake oil salesman on the ferry in the Outlaw Josey Wales....

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                To be honest I am struggling with that....I really want to believe trump and pray if he wins he pulls of just 1/2 of his promises in the past 6 months.

He just really reminds me of the snake oil salesman on the ferry in the Outlaw Josey Wales....
                Yup. I was almost there but not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  I think that both parties are going through a mid-life crisis right now, but the Republicans are perhaps feeling it the most. I'm not sure slowing down the change is a good thing. Sometimes you just have to rip off the bandaid and work through the pain. The Republican party is changing and I won't be surprised if we don't get a new party out of all of this. Maybe not this year, but in the next few elections.

Trump was voted in as the standard bearer not because of his views, but because people want change.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                    I can not speak for everyone else, but I held my nose and voted for Dole on '96. I held my nose and voted for McCain in '08. I held my nose and voted for Romney in '12. I can't even hold my nose and vote for Trump. Sadly I'd take Dole, McCain, or Romney over Trump any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Maybe someday the Republicans will learn that Moderate/populist candidates can't and won't win.
                    Exactly right.

And as for all these issues that were listed above that are critical to our future, what is it in Trump's past than makes you think he is going to be right on them? What leads you to believe he will be right on gun control when he has spoken out against assault weapons?

Taxes? His plan is to raise taxes on the wealthy and upper middle class. The job creators

Supreme Court? When has he ever been on the conservative side of anything?

Freedom? Every solution he offers involves more govt regulation to supposedly get rid of regulations.

So--Trump probably win, and the scary part about that is that he will most likely have a very compliant wishy washy Republican senate and congress that wont be able to or even want to fight his middle of the road non conservative lack of values

My opinion, as a very conservative person, is that at least if Hillary wins the Republicans will have the ability to fight back against the liberal agenda. Hillary can't put anybody on the Supreme Court herself, she still needs Congress to confirm.

If Trump wins he will be unopposed and he will have a field day with his liberal friends from all over

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      Which is more dangerous, the wolf or the wolf in sheep's clothing? In such a case, my best choice is not to be a sheep.
                      You have overstated my facts. We do not yet know whether Trump will be worse for our position than Hillary. That's the most foundational element of the dice roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                        Wow. After it is laid out in black and white (green and black in this case) how Texas is not in play on who becomes president, people STILL do not/cannot grasp the concept.
                        I guess that's how Trump got so much support.
                        So why do we even discuss any politics at all if it doesn't matter in Texas?
                        Should we sit back and go hunt/fish until Texas turns blue and then try to get back to voting?

Also, does this mean I still have the right to complain even if I don't vote since my vote doesn't matter?

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
                          Certainly I could come on here and argue about how bad Hillary will be. I've stated several times that I will NOT vote for her. But, if I say that, I'll just be adding to the chorus. 99 percent of the people on here are already doing that. Why does it hurt your feelings so badly that there are a few of us that won't roll over or jump on the Trump bandwagon? This is a place to discuss politics. Right?

Some of us have explained WHY we don't like or trust him. Others have stated they WILL vote for him though they don't like him. Still others actually like and respect him. Lastly, yes there may even be a Hillary supporter or two. Although you may disagree with someone, you don't have the right to silence them. If we are all allowed to only state our stance once, then this forum should just be shut down. There won't be anyone left to post.

Although I said I won't vote for Hillary, I have been labelled a Libtard (what a childish name) and an idiot. I have at no time called anyone on here any name. I haven't even said that YOU or anyone else should not vote for him. I have simply said that my conscience will not allow ME to vote for him. Why does that bother you people so much?
                          ok, we get it. You won't vote for either.

Who would you rather be POTUS, Trump or Hillary?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            ok, we get it. You won't vote for either.

Who would you rather be POTUS, Trump or Hillary?
                            Neither. Next question?

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
                              Neither. Next question?
                              We'll get to the "next question" after you answer this one.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                                We'll get to the "next question" after you answer this one.
                                I just did. I said neither.

Comment

Working...
                                X