Trump changes position on minimum wage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    How dare the sorry S O B think people deserve a livable wage!

Ever think raising minimum wage might entice some people to get off of govt assistance and get their butts to work? As it is govt assistance probably pays more.

Yes, how dare they, and how dare you. To say someone is entitled to it also means someone else is forced to provide it. Are you prepared to start a business, hire a bunch of people, and pay them more than they produce? That is the truth of the minimum wage. If you are not personally prepared to do that, then you shouldn't vote to force someone else to.

Comment

Snake in the grass.....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

And so it begins! Just like Obama supporters, no matter what Trump does, it will be justified by his followers. Deja vu.

Comment

Originally posted by JGreen31 View Post
          http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...was-president/

And more.... That dirty scoundrel!!! LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          This is all liberal propaganda..or is it conservative propaganda..???

All I know is if a republican (a true blue...I mean red blooded republican) says we are gonna raise the minimum wage then its okay. But, if a tea sippin dem says it the heck no...

Comment

If it were up to me we'd all go back to a dollar a day.... I'm not a big advocate of the minimum wage, but I do know why there is one.... Some employers will take whatever advantage they can of the uneducated, and unmotivated....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
              If it were up to me we'd all go back to a dollar a day.... I'm not a big advocate of the minimum wage, but I do know why there is one.... Some employers will take whatever advantage they can of the uneducated, and unmotivated....
              A hungry man will demo an absetos filled house stark naked if he had to feed his family.
              Employer saves on PPE and pays minimum wage.
              All is fair in capitalism, right?
              We don't me got to regulate us.
              We're ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                Why is the minimum age to work set at 16?
                Why not let the parent decide what's best for their kid and their household?
                Big govt!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                  This is all liberal propaganda..or is it conservative propaganda..???

All I know is if a republican (a true blue...I mean red blooded republican) says we are gonna raise the minimum wage then its okay. But, if a tea sippin dem says it the heck no...
                  Show me some "red blooded republicans" that say we should raise the minimum wage. Not saying some haven't voted for bills that include raising the minimum wage....in bills that included tax cuts, threats to shut down the government, etc... But I don't know too many republicans that have fought to raise the minimum wage. Although it appears the party is a changing.

Comment

Trump is a billionaire.
                    Walmart are billionaires

If they say to raise the minimum wage then it must be good, right?

Comment

Originally posted by J Wales View Post
                      Yes, how dare they, and how dare you. To say someone is entitled to it also means someone else is forced to provide it. Are you prepared to start a business, hire a bunch of people, and pay them more than they produce? That is the truth of the minimum wage. If you are not personally prepared to do that, then you shouldn't vote to force someone else to.
                      If they don't deserve minimum wage I would not hire them. I would look for a more qualified person.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                        Trump is a billionaire.
                        Walmart are billionaires

its good for their bottom line.

But that’s where the little economic problem comes in. Yes, more productive labor is just great. But that also means that the company will require less labor as the labor they are using is more productive–which is the case we can see over at Costco. Yes, they pay much better wages ($17 an hour on average, last time I looked) plus better benefits, but they also employ much less labor. Again, last time I looked it was about half the amount of labor per volume of sale as Walmart. Costco is an intensive user of labor where Walmart is an extensive one. Walmart is trying to move toward that other model a bit.
                        lots more in the article here.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                          You are joking right? How about we quit handing it out to everyone...since when did having cable tv, new cell phone and a car become a right? Give them food stamps and let them walk to Walmart and eat hamburger helper until they get a friggin job.
                          I would much rather see people working than riding the couch and waiting on their monthly checks to come in. If their excuse is the govt pays them more than a job would... They would have no more excuses if the wages increase. Higher wages and more people working equal more tax dollars in Uncle Sam's pocket.

I also believe that if someone is on govt assistance they should have to do so many hours of community service every day to earn those wages unless they are elderly or disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                            Trump is a billionaire.
                            Walmart are billionaires

Trump is a private citizen with privately held companies. Walmart is a publicly traded (owned by private shareholders) company. If those companies decide to raise their own minimum wage, then that is completely up to them, based off what they believe is best for those businesses to stay open and make a profit. The government doesn't need to be in the business of dictating what those companies do.

Comment

Trump changes position on minimum wage

^^ you are right but most of them will find a way not to work. We just need to make it way more uncomfortable for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by TX CHICKEN; 05-05-2016, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                                I would much rather see people working than riding the couch and waiting on their monthly checks to come in. If their excuse is the govt pays them more than a job would... They would have no more excuses if the wages increase. Higher wages and more people working equal more tax dollars in Uncle Sam's pocket.

I also believe that if someone is on govt assistance they should have to do so many hours of community service every day to earn those wages unless they are elderly or disabled.
                                The answer is the government shouldn't be paying them period! What the hell?

Comment

Working...
                                X