Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Who will be Trumps running mate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
    She's done with politics
    Her connection to DHS and other big government conservative scemes should disqualify her from any office.

Comment

Oh, and needless to say, the old guy hasn't said a word about his get rich idea in over a year. I guess it's gonna be real quiet in here too in about a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Whoever he picks, it will likely be someone who is marketable and a world class BSer so that the sale of buffoonery can go on. It won't be about someone with strong political beliefs. It'll be, which sucker can I sucker the suckers into supporting?

And that right there is why I go commando

Comment

The butt hurt is rapidly expanding to record setting numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
            Condoleezza Rice
            If you have seen her in any interviews after the Bush era you will find her turning liberal just like Colon Powell.

No thanks

Comment

One theory Mikah Burry brought up makes a little sense. He thinks there is a possibility it could be Kasich. And, the reason Kasich pulled out was due to the Trump camp making a call asking him to pull out before he made some negative statements about Trump that would hurt his chances at receiving an offer for VP.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                If you have seen her in any interviews after the Bush era you will find her turning liberal just like Colon Powell.

No thanks
                Powell is sickening these days.

Comment

Originally posted by GatorBait View Post
                  Well, when you see it hit the fan, right before your eyes, it is depressing. What's even more depressing is witnessing all of you just loving it. I am not mad because you are happy, I am depressed because of what you are happy about. That a group of hunters so readily jumped on Trump the Liars bandwagon so easily.... Well it baffles me, and worries me. Y'all are even acting like that buffoon. An older guy at work today was soooo happy that the communist Canadian was out of the race. Really??? Guess who pushed those ideas in his brain? This is the same guy that was running around here at work trying to "help" us all get rich. He was bamboozled into a pyramid scheme, and told us how great it was for months on end. He was gonna make a bunch of money, be able to retire, the guy selling him said so. THAT is the guy that is supporting Trump. He is the salesman, and you poor sops are the base of the pyramid. Trump is a terrible businessman, but I will concede that he could sell contacts to a blind man.

Yea cuz the young guy always knows best

Comment

For political purposes presidential nominees often pick someone different than themselves in order to use the VP position to gain votes. Picking someone that is essentially the same as you usually has no benefit. It may not hurt but it most likely will not help.

Examples of what is not likely to happen might be like Ted Cruz (had he won) picking Marco Rubio. In that case you would have a conservative Hispanic from a southern state who is the child of a Cuban immigrant choosing a conservative Hispanic from a southern state who is the child of a Cuban immigrant. While Rubio might not be a bad running mate, what is extra benefit?

There are certain no definite rules but I doubt that people will pick what is essentially a clone. When Hillary gets the nomination, is she likely to choose a woman running mate? I would doubt it as it adds nothing to the ticket. For the same reason and if he is politically astute (which he may not be), I would think that Trump would not choose Christie simply because they are next door neighbors. Why pick a moderate yankee from New Jersey when you are a moderate yankee from New York?

I would think that me might pull someone out of the bag that we aren't thinking of but that will add something to his appeal (or lack thereof). If he goes for any of the people that ran or are big in Republican circles, he might choose a Fiorina, Nikki Haley, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, John Kasich, Susana Martinez, Ben Carson, Newt Gingrich and maybe even Rand Paul.

All would add something to Trump trying to win over the people that he may have lost from the campaign. Some people are obvious by race or sex but some may bring more than one aspect to it like Nikki Haley is who from the south, a woman and an Asian. Susana Martinez is a woman, southern/southwestern and a Hispanic. Kasich might bring in Ohio and I think no Republican has ever won without Ohio and Obama carried it both times. A person like Rand Paul with his sometime fanatical Libertarian followers might draw some people out that might not otherwise support Trump and he is also from the south. Trump could do like Ronald Reagan and choose his biggest competitor like he did in choosing G. H. W. Bush.

It will be interesting but I think that Trump will choose someone that he believes will bring something to the table that might appear way different than him or help him carry a needed state like Ohio or Florida.

In my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by GatorBait View Post
                      Well, when you see it hit the fan, right before your eyes, it is depressing. What's even more depressing is witnessing all of you just loving it. I am not mad because you are happy, I am depressed because of what you are happy about. That a group of hunters so readily jumped on Trump the Liars bandwagon so easily.... Well it baffles me, and worries me. Y'all are even acting like that buffoon. An older guy at work today was soooo happy that the communist Canadian was out of the race. Really??? Guess who pushed those ideas in his brain? This is the same guy that was running around here at work trying to "help" us all get rich. He was bamboozled into a pyramid scheme, and told us how great it was for months on end. He was gonna make a bunch of money, be able to retire, the guy selling him said so. THAT is the guy that is supporting Trump. He is the salesman, and you poor sops are the base of the pyramid. Trump is a terrible businessman, but I will concede that he could sell contacts to a blind man.

Well, I said from the get go, whichever one Trump or Cruz I'm fine with, we've had the Kenyan 8 yrs, Trump will not be worse than that, Killary would, had Cruz won it, that'd been a ok with me. He didn't , so, gotta get on the Train so Killary doesn't wind up in the oval.

I'm sorry you can't see it that way, but whining on every thread isn't gonna change that fact.

Comment

Most of the potential picks that are the opposite of Trump and would appeal to the voters that he's alienated are not likely to accept the offer though. Haley is saying 'no thanks' before the offer was even made (publicly, at least).

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          Most of the potential picks that are the opposite of Trump and would appeal to the voters that he's alienated are not likely to accept the offer though. Haley is saying 'no thanks' before the offer was even made (publicly, at least).

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/20...ampaign=buffer
                          Yea he probably won't find anyone to accept the offer

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                            Yea he probably won't find anyone to accept the offer
                            That's not what I said. He'll easily find a ring kisser to run with. There are plenty of them who are actively campaigning for the job. There are just some folks who wouldn't accept the offer.

And it truly doesn't matter who he (or Hillary) picks anyway. VP picks never make any real difference. Everybody knows that VP is completely meaningless unless the P actually dies in office. We should care about VPs more than we do, because it's possible that a P could die in office again. But nobody cares about who the VP picks are. It makes for interesting conversation for a while, but it won't change the dynamics of the race. It's still Trump that people are either voting for or not voting for.

Comment

Whoopi Goldberg....they are polar opposites, but exactly the same!

Comment

Nugent.

Comment

Working...
                                X