Brussels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
    not sure how many are converts from christian religions or muslim US citizens in this list.
    Not sure it matters, it was done in the name of Allah, or should I say attempted to be done. My point was just that Timothy McVeigh was not the "only" one to ever do or again attempt to do.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
      How many people had Texas executed for conspiracy to commit murder or for attempted murder?
      I don't understand the relevance?

Comment

Where the crap did you get the notion that McVeigh was a Cristian?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Or that what he did was done in the name of God. Many people of many different faiths commit horrible acts, no one can argue this. It seems that almost every time its is done by someone of the Islamic faith though that it is also done in the name of that faith.

"What the U.S. government did at Waco and Ruby Ridge was dirty," he says. "And I gave dirty back to them at Oklahoma City." Tim McVeigh

He never was quoted yelling "God is Great" as he detonated his device.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Sorry I assumed he was Christian.
            I ruled out Jewish and Muslim.
            Not Hindu or Buddhist either.

I guess he was atheist/agnostic?

I honestly don't know how he defined himself or what religion he followed but since it was never brought up in the media I doubt it was anything salacious (ie non-Christian)

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
              Or that what he did was done in the name of God. Many people of many different faiths commit horrible acts, no one can argue this. It seems that almost every time its is done by someone of the Islamic faith though that it is also done in the name of that faith.

"What the U.S. government did at Waco and Ruby Ridge was dirty," he says. "And I gave dirty back to them at Oklahoma City." Tim McVeigh

He never was quoted yelling "God is Great" as he detonated his device.
              LoL
              I thought we were just talking about folks killing dozens of Americans at the same time.
              Not WHY they did it.
              Who cares if Allah, Jesus or their 401k tanking made them do it.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                Never heard of the millennium bomber?

CBP caught him coming across the border with the goods.

Another Customs inspector searched the car and found in the spare tire well:
                10 green plastic garbage bags with 118 pounds (54 kg) of a fine white powder (which tests later identified as urea, used to manufacture explosives and fertilizer),
                2 lozenge bottles filled with primary explosives hexamethylene triperoxide diamine (HMTD) and cyclotrimethylenetrinitramine (RDX),
                2 plastic bags with 14 pounds (6.4 kg) of a crystalline powder (later shown to be aluminium sulfate, used primarily as a desiccant, to keep things dry),
                two 22-ounce olive jars with 2.6 pounds (1.2 kg) of golden-brown liquid (later identified as secondary explosive ethylene glycol dinitrate (EGDN), an extremely explosive and volatile nitroglycerin equivalent that is twice as powerful as TNT), and
                4 operational timing devices designed to detonate primary explosives, consisting of small black boxes containing circuit boards connected to Casio watches and 9-volt battery connectors

Here are 30 more since 9/11

Abstract: In 2009 alone, U.S. authorities foiled at least six terrorist plots against the United States. Since September 11, 2001, at least 30 planned terrorist attacks have been foiled, all but two of them prevented by law enforcement. The two notable exceptions are the passengers and flight attendants who subdued the "shoe bomber" in 2001 and the "underwear bomber" on Christmas Day in 2009. Bottom line: The system has generally worked well. But many tools necessary for ferreting out conspiracies and catching terrorists are under attack.

We have just stopped most of them, the intent was there so do they not count?

All Muslims
                Scary times. Especially the list from your link.

Comment

All of this has got me thinking about the global war on terror and the world response/participation. The US has lead this fight for a long time and we are still in it. Here's some stats I found on Coalition casualties in the two major conflicts:
                  Afghanistan: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalit...in_Afghanistan
                  Iraq: http://icasualties.org/Iraq/Nationality.aspx

What does this mean you ask? I'm not sure. But my first thought is that it is time for a few Countries to up their game to eradicate the hive. I have no doubt that French and Belgian soldiers are chomping at the bit to take the fight to the bad guys.

Comment

Sorry I assumed he was Christian.
                    I ruled out Jewish and Muslim.
                    Not Hindu or Buddhist either.

I guess he was atheist/agnostic?

I honestly don't know how he defined himself or what religion he followed but since it was never brought up in the media I doubt it was anything salacious (ie non-Christian)
                    McVeigh was raised Roman Catholic. During his childhood, he and his father attended Mass regularly. McVeigh was confirmed at the Good Shepherd Church in Pendleton, New York, in 1985.

In a 1996 interview, McVeigh professed belief in "a God", although he said he had "sort of lost touch with" Catholicism and "I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs."

In McVeigh's biography American Terrorist, released in 2002, he stated that he did not believe in a hell and that science is his religion.

In June 2001, a day before the execution, McVeigh wrote a letter to the Buffalo News identifying himself as agnostic.

However, he took the Last Rites, administered by a priest, just before his execution.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                      All of this has got me thinking about the global war on terror and the world response/participation. The US has lead this fight for a long time and we are still in it. Here's some stats I found on Coalition casualties in the two major conflicts:
                      Afghanistan: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalit...in_Afghanistan
                      Iraq: http://icasualties.org/Iraq/Nationality.aspx

What does this mean you ask? I'm not sure. But my first thought is that it is time for a few Countries to up their game to eradicate the hive. I have no doubt that French and Belgian soldiers are chomping at the bit to take the fight to the bad guys.
                      wwatched an odd movie last night called Hyena Road. a quote from it here.

Alexander the Great marched into this graveyard about 2,500 years ago.
                      easy to march in, hard to march out. His words.
                      He and his mother wrote to each other all the time. One day, he got a letter from her saying, "What the hell? You conquered most of the known world in a day and a half,
                      what are you doing bogged down in Afghanistan?"
                      He grabbed a bag and shoveled it full of dirt and had it sent back to Greece with a message to his mother. "Take this dirt and dump it around the palace, see what happens."

So Alexander's mother spread the dirt all around the palace. Later that night, a couple of attendants showed up to make sure she was alright.
                      One says, "Go ahead, after you."
                      And the other says,
                      "No, after you."
                      And the first one says,
                      "No, I insist."
                      And the second one says,
                      "Don't you tell me what to do."
                      They pull their swords and go at it till they kill each other. Alexander's mother watched all this and wrote a note to him saying, "Okay, okay, now I get it."

Comment

The suspected bombmaker in Paris attacks was 1 of 2 suicide bombers who targeted Brussels airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                          wwatched an odd movie last night called Hyena Road. a quote from it here.
                          Sounds similar to the problems the Russians had. I'm gonna look up that movie.

Comment

LoL
                            I thought we were just talking about folks killing dozens of Americans at the same time.
                            Not WHY they did it.
                            Just relevance to the Brussels attack. No more no less.

Comment

LoL
                              Not WHY they did it.
                              If you can't see that a group coalesced by an ideology determined to impose pain and violence being more dangerous and widespread than a rogue individual you are blind.

To use your example, if my 401k tanked you might have 1 or 2 explosions from me and my wife. Once that transpires, the threat is over- nobody else in the world cares that my 401k tanked.

Take the blinders off

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                                McVeigh was raised Roman Catholic. During his childhood, he and his father attended Mass regularly. McVeigh was confirmed at the Good Shepherd Church in Pendleton, New York, in 1985.

In a 1996 interview, McVeigh professed belief in "a God", although he said he had "sort of lost touch with" Catholicism and "I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs."

In McVeigh's biography American Terrorist, released in 2002, he stated that he did not believe in a hell and that science is his religion.

In June 2001, a day before the execution, McVeigh wrote a letter to the Buffalo News identifying himself as agnostic.

However, he took the Last Rites, administered by a priest, just before his execution.
                                Obama started as a Muslim but he claims Christian now.
                                So what is he?

Comment

Working...
                                X