Trump and Muslims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    And we wonder why the USA lags behind in education compared to other countries...

EDIT:
    I'm not saying I think the story is embellished, I'm saying you're getting information 4th hand and it could have been altered
    I guess on the GS we can only "wait until all the facts of the case come out" if the initial narrative doesn't fit our liking.
    If you believe Americans lag behind in education because I don't believe that the words of a narcissist, which changes from day to day, who is running for President should not be a focus of 8th graders, then I can't help you.

Nice edit BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      How old are you? What exactly do you do for a living? Considering you are questioning my intelligence, I believe these to be fair questions.
      Young and female. Uses the word "Like" way too much.

Comment

How old are you? What exactly do you do for a living? Considering you are questioning my intelligence, I believe these to be fair questions.
        37 Forensic Accountant
        I catch drug lords, corrupt politicians and dirty executives (Enron folks and that Chesapeake guy) laundering money or doing other illegal financial things in the market.
        I also do biostatistical work for the pharmaceutical and insurance industries (tell me the maximum I can charge for this drug before it sets off the government's alarms, what types of patients generate me the highest profit margin)

To add I have a PhD Statistics from an Ivy League university and have worked for four of the eight Ivies.

I see not how this is related to the topic at hand.

If the Republican presidential debate is taking place in your city and your 14 year old is not allowed to partake, this is how you create "low information voters"

Comment

If you believe Americans lag behind in education because I don't believe that the words of a narcissist, which changes from day to day, who is running for President should not be a focus of 8th graders, then I can't help you.

Nice edit BTW.
          So what should be the focus for 8th graders who are 14 years old that will be able to vote for Hillary or Trump in their second term?

This is why so many Bernie Bros have been created. Low information voters.

At what age should who is running for president be the focus of an American citizen?
          15? 16? 17? I'd hope at least by 18!

Comment

For more than two centuries, young people served as Pages in the U.S. House of Representatives and enjoyed an unparalleled opportunity to observe and participate in the legislative process in “the People’s House.” The expectations and experiences of House Pages, regardless of when they served, have been linked by certain commonalities—witnessing history, interacting with Representatives, and taking away lifelong inspiration to participate in civic life.

Do y'all not remember the Page Program?
            What age were those kids accepted in DC?

Comment

So you are part of the healthcare problem, got it!

I'm not saying 8th graders shouldn't participate in presidential debates, what I am saying is that according to the OP, what stick out is Trump wanting to treat Muslims the way he said. Just tell them the truth....Trump is an idiot running for President. No sense in sheltering them......right?

Comment

So what should be the focus for 8th graders who are 14 years old that will be able to vote for Hillary or Trump in their second term?

This is why so many Bernie Bros have been created. Low information voters.

At what age should who is running for president be the focus of an American citizen?
                15? 16? 17? I'd hope at least by 18!
                No. The reason there are so many Bernie Bros., as you call them, is because of the indoctrination that is now going on in schools. Exactly what I said in my first post on this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  Young and female. Uses the word "Like" way too much.
                  CTRL+F "like"

Not only are you wrong you present yourself to be very immature with comments like that.

Comment

CTRL+F "like"

Not only are you wrong you present yourself to be very immature with comments like that.
                    I thought it was funny, and I'm 50. like real funny.

Comment

I'm not saying 8th graders shouldn't participate in presidential debates, what I am saying is that according to the OP, what stick out is Trump wanting to treat Muslims the way he said. Just tell them the truth....Trump is an idiot running for President. No sense in sheltering them......right?
                      I spent over a decade in Ivy League medical schools doing AIDS, Cancer and mental health research. That work paid a third of what private companies pay me. I've done good work and even today work with researchers at UT and Baylor on various projects.

That's what the OP decided to bring to the GS. It could have been a slight remark out of a two hour lecture the teacher gave.
                      Who knows?

Comment

No. The reason there are so many Bernie Bros., as you call them, is because of the indoctrination that is now going on in schools. Exactly what I said in my first post on this subject.
                        No.
                        Those Bernie Bros and other low information voters needed to be part of the political process earlier on do they could know what Bernie and some of what Trump proposes is not possible.

And indoctrination is a harsh word.
                        Do you not have control over what your child(ren) learns?

Comment

I spent over a decade in Ivy League medical schools doing AIDS, Cancer and mental health research. That work paid a third of what private companies pay me. I've done good work and even today work with researchers at UT and Baylor on various projects.

That's what the OP decided to bring to the GS. It could have been a slight remark out of a two hour lecture the teacher gave.
                          Who knows?
                          Obviously neither of us knows for sure what was said, or what was emphasized. But yet you question my intelligence, and question how I raised my kids. I would call that immature.

Comment

No.
                            Those Bernie Bros and other low information voters needed to be part of the political process earlier on do they could know what Bernie and some of what Trump proposes is not possible.

And indoctrination is a harsh word.
                            Do you not have control over what your child(ren) learns?
                            Of course I did. That's why my kids are wondering what the hell is wrong with people their age wanting Sanders to be President.

Comment

I can tell you no thoracic surgeon wants to work for less than $500k per year
                              Everybody wants to get paid $$$$ which is driving the cost up.

If I'm working on the analysis of a $1Billion drug you are trying to bring to market and without my expertise you won't be able to release it, am I going to do that analysis for you for $15 an hour?
                              Even if I charged you $150,000 for the analysis you'd pay it because you're going to make a Billion.

Comment

I can tell you no thoracic surgeon wants to work for less than $500k per year
                                Everybody wants to get paid $$$$ which is driving the cost up.

If I'm working on the analysis of a $1Billion drug you are trying to bring to market and without my expertise you won't be able to release it, am I going to do that analysis for you for $15 an hour?
                                Even if I charged you $150,000 for the analysis you'd pay it because you're going to make a Billion.
                                "tell me the maximum I can charge for this drug before setting off the government alarms" is all I got out of that post. But what do I know, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X