Trump and Muslims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump and Muslims

I'm not for Trump at all ....but my niece who attends a private school in Houston said her teacher this week has been teaching that Trump wants Muslim imigrants to practically wear a band around arm like jews. Again I am not for Trump but is this appropriate for 8th graders?

NO! I hate libs.

Comment

I was surprised last weekend when my daughter starts telling me gun violence stats in the US and how they are so much higher than the rest of the world. 12 yrs old, learned this at Klein 7th grade. She lives with her mom so I don't feel right confronting the school admins about it. Told her everything you learn in social studies there you run by your dad first. I'll set you straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        I'm not for Trump at all ....but my niece who attends a private school in Houston said her teacher this week has been teaching that Trump wants Muslim imigrants to practically wear a band around arm like jews. Again I am not for Trump but is this appropriate for 8th graders?
        If truth is being taught then just about anything is appropriate for an 8th grader

But a lot of stuff in school is ..... Not exactly the truth

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
          I was surprised last weekend when my daughter starts telling me gun violence stats in the US and how they are so much higher than the rest of the world. 12 yrs old, learned this at Klein 7th grade. She lives with her mom so I don't feel right confronting the school admins about it. Told her everything you learn in social studies there you run by your dad first. I'll set you straight.
          Was she being taught lies?
          Is it not the case the USA has more deaths by gun, violence by gun and more percentage incarcerated people in this country?

Don't be THAT dad.

Comment

Of course it's not right, Trump or not! This kind of BS is exactly why I ended up putting my two youngest through a private academy. The indoctrination of our children in public schools is scary!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              Of course it's not right, Trump or not! This kind of BS is exactly why I ended up putting my two youngest through a private academy. The indoctrination of our children in public schools is scary!
              why is it not "right"?
              is the teacher lying?
              she's teaching current events.
              if you don't think kids are being taught the same thing in Kincaid, Awty, River Oaks Baptist, St Johns, Strake, etc today you're delusional.
              Part of these kids homework is to watch the debates and give reports on them.
              Dem and Repub

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                why is it not "right"?
                is the teacher lying?
                she's teaching current events.
                if you don't think kids are being taught the same thing in Kincaid, Awty, River Oaks Baptist, St Johns, Strake, etc today you're delusional.
                Part of these kids homework is to watch the debates and give reports on them.
                Dem and Repub
                About Trump wanting Muslims to wear arm bands like Jews? Dude, I think you must be the delusional one if you think it's ok to be pushing such **** to 8th graders.

Comment

About Trump wanting Muslims to wear arm bands like Jews? Dude, I think you must be the delusional one if you think it's ok to be pushing such **** to 8th graders.
                  I think the 8th grader may have embellished what the teacher said (or maybe the OP did) buy Trump's stump speech is very xenophobic (which was the same rhetoric Hitler and the north Korea dictator used)

banning all Muslims from the country?
                  deporting them all?
                  calling them "animals"
                  not only those that behead Americans but blanketly calling all Muslims dogs...he never differentiated

8th graders are 13-14 years old.

I read "Diary of Anne Frank" in the 80s and watched Schindlers List in school in the 90s at 12-13 years old

Don't shelter your kids.

what age do you think this type of discussion is appropriate?
                  Last edited by texansfan; 03-05-2016, 07:06 AM.

Comment

The op's mentioned this was being taught in a private school.

He asked if the content ( as i read it ) was appropriate for 8 th grade. Not if it was true

Comment

I think the 8th grader may have embellished what the teacher said (or maybe the OP did) buy Trump's stump speech is very xenophobic (which was the same rhetoric Hitler and the north Korea dictator used)

banning all Muslims from the country?
                      deporting them all?
                      calling them "animals"
                      not only those that behead Americans but blanketly calling all Muslims dogs...he never differentiated

8th graders are 13-14 years old.

I read "Diary of Anne Frank" in the 80s and watched Schindlers List in school in the 90s at 12-13 years old

Don't shelter your kids.

what age do you think this type of discussion is appropriate?
                      So you "think" the story was embellished? Then that's that. My youngest is 22 years old. I've already raised mine, you raise yours how you see fit.

Comment

The funny thing is, the girl goes to school in Houston which is like 50 percent Mexican in the schools.
                        Do you not think she will not have a classmate who will be effected by Trump's deport all illegals policy?
                        So I'm sure they will discuss it in class or just on their lunch break amongst themselves.
                        Kids know how to watch stuff on YouTube and Hulu these days.
                        And just because you block that stuff on your kids devices doesn't mean their friends don't have unfettered access to it.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          The op's mentioned this was being taught in a private school.

He asked if the content ( as i read it ) was appropriate for 8 th grade. Not if it was true
                          VERY appropriate at 13-14 years old which most 8th graders are.
                          These kids are already experimenting with sex at this age.

Comment

So you "think" the story was embellished? Then that's that. My youngest is 22 years old. I've already raised mine, you raise yours how you see fit.
                            And we wonder why the USA lags behind in education compared to other countries...

EDIT:
                            I'm not saying I think the story is embellished, I'm saying you're getting information 4th hand and it could have been altered
                            I guess on the GS we can only "wait until all the facts of the case come out" if the initial narrative doesn't fit our liking.
                            Last edited by texansfan; 03-05-2016, 07:16 AM.

Comment

And we wonder why the USA lags behind in education compared to other countries...
                              How old are you? What exactly do you do for a living? Considering you are questioning my intelligence, I believe these to be fair questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X