Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia dead at age 79...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's hope the replacement is a Constitutionalist, not any kind of activist judge.
    Last edited by Shane; 02-13-2016, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      Let's hope the replacement is a Constitutionalist, not any kind of activist judge.
      100% agreed!! Let us hope, sir.

Partisan politics has no place on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
        Let's just hope that another retarded liberal isn't put on the bench, and also that some theocratic POS evangelical isn't either.

PLEASE let there be a moderate appointed who will balance out the 4-4 bench we now have!
        It's not really 4-4 now. It's more like 4-3-1. Kennedy can't be put firmly in either faction.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          AMEN!! My concern is If there is even one out there...hate that I'm so pessimistic about 'public servants' these days. We have got to get this nation out of the tail spin we are in!!

Very disheartening news...truly bummed.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
            Presidents don't just appoint anyone they want and get it. The Senate has to approve/confirm the pick.

I may be wrong, but I think any Senator can put a hold on judicial nominations, not sure if that extends to the SC or not. You know Obama is already licking his chops, but I'm going to tell you right now, if the Republican Senate Majority approves and seats a SC justice of Obama's choosing, with less than a year left in his term, they can never, never, EVER again campaign on needing a Republican majority to approve good Supreme Court justices. I have a feeling one Senator at least, from Texas, will have something to say about it.

Scary part, McConnell has the final say on what or what not is going to be voted on. I don't trust him any further than I could throw him.

Comment

Hillaryforprison2016 already said she'd appoint hussein.

Comment

wow, the court has been conservative since '72...

Comment

Worth pointing out here that Donald Trump said a few months ago that his extremely Liberal, pro-abortion sister, who is a New Jersey judge, would make a "phenomenal" Supreme Court Justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
                    Scary part, McConnell has the final say on what or what not is going to be voted on. I don't trust him any further than I could throw him.
                    I don't trust him either, but he did just release a statement saying that the next President should get to pick Scalia's replacement. We'll see if Mitch has the balls to stick to that position.

Comment

Didn't B O get two appointments since his reign? One of them is the one that handled the "birther" question. Hmmmmm, imagine that.

Comment

Wife read a report he died here in Texas during a quail hunting trip in his sleep at Cibola Creek Ranch around Marfa...God Bless Texas & Senior Scalia!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
                          He is a pos and your right to have no faith in him

Comment

US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia dead at age 79...

I don't trust him either, but he did just release a statement saying that the next President should get to pick Scalia's replacement. We'll see if Mitch has the balls to stick to that position.

Yep, well wait till Hussein squeezes that empty sack and ol mitchy boy says yes daddy.

I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Worth pointing out here that Donald Trump said a few months ago that his extremely Liberal, pro-abortion sister, who is a New Jersey judge, would make a "phenomenal" Supreme Court Justice.
                              Though that's not who I want on the bench, being pro-abortion (or anti) is moot. Abortion will never be outlawed at the federal level again (thank goodness).

Let's just hope we (as Shane so accurately pointed out) get a justice who is a Constitutionalist, and not a partisan politician.

Comment

mcconnell is saying we should wait for a new prez

Comment

Working...
                                X