The story of Ted Cruz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JGreen31 View Post
    And as for Trump, I am really tired of the degradation of our way of life, freedoms, etc. based on attack of Christianity and political correctness.

Trump proved once again today that political correctness is okay to stand up for what is right. He received the punch from the Pope of all people, and showed the world that it's okay to fight for your beliefs and punch back.

Our repubs in office have greatly lost that will to prove you got a set and stand up for yourself and the people your representing.
    Do you agree that Ted Cruz is also unafraid to stand up for what is right while ignoring political correctness? Because it's true. Trump isn't the only guy who is willing to stand up and speak his mind, whether anybody else likes it or not. Cruz has always done that and continues to do so. The difference that I see between them is that Cruz's record and actions match his rhetoric a lot better than Trump's do. I'm desperately hungry for a President who will stand up for what is right and speak out against the insanity of political correctness, but I'm also desperately hungry for a President whose actions will be equally forceful and politically incorrect - and RIGHT. I believe that, whenever a man's actions and his words don't match, his actions are a far more trustworthy gauge of his true character and motivations than his words are. That's why I support Cruz and I strongly oppose Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by JGreen31 View Post
      So Ted has the leverage to make a skunk (establishment) change their stripe? I just don't know.
      That's not what I said either. They'll still be spineless power mongers who are more likely to go along with the political will of the President than to stand up against him. With a conservative President in the White House, the spineless worms of the Republican establishment will go along with more conservative efforts. They'll do more of the right things. They'll still do them for the wrong reasons, and I will still hope they get defeated by new REAL conservatives the next time they come up for reelection. But those that remain in office will go along with a Republican president, whether they are really committed to conservative ideals or not. They will do it because it will be politically expedient.

Comment

^^^^^
        "I like eh way you talk"

in my best Sling Blade voice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          Are you in the Woodlands?

Lol!!! Stuck in Louisiana. But I'll be West of the Sabine about 8:30 pm tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            That's not what I said either. They'll still be spineless power mongers who are more likely to go along with the political will of the President than to stand up against him. With a conservative President in the White House, the spineless worms of the Republican establishment will go along with more conservative efforts. They'll do more of the right things. They'll still do them for the wrong reasons, and I will still hope they get defeated by new REAL conservatives the next time they come up for reelection. But those that remain in office will go along with a Republican president, whether they are really committed to conservative ideals or not. They will do it because it will be politically expedient.

Exactly. They are tired of being portrayed as the bad guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              Do you agree that Ted Cruz is also unafraid to stand up for what is right while ignoring political correctness? Because it's true. Trump isn't the only guy who is willing to stand up and speak his mind, whether anybody else likes it or not. Cruz has always done that and continues to do so. The difference that I see between them is that Cruz's record and actions match his rhetoric a lot better than Trump's do. I'm desperately hungry for a President who will stand up for what is right and speak out against the insanity of political correctness, but I'm also desperately hungry for a President whose actions will be equally forceful and politically incorrect - and RIGHT. I believe that, whenever a man's actions and his words don't match, his actions are a far more trustworthy gauge of his true character and motivations than his words are. That's why I support Cruz and I strongly oppose Trump.
              BINGO! That is EXACTLY why I will cast my ballot for CRUZ too. He's not a perfect candidate, but he's head and shoulders above any of the others and especially that RICH ESTABLISHMENT BLOW-HARD TRUMP!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                BINGO! That is EXACTLY why I will cast my ballot for CRUZ too. He's not a perfect candidate, but he's head and shoulders above any of the others and especially that RICH ESTABLISHMENT BLOW-HARD TRUMP!

I still want a Taco this morning. [emoji26]

[emoji12]

Comment

Great new AVATAR Charlie!!!

Comment

Thx Oscar! Funny how your priorities change, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                      I still want a Taco this morning. [emoji26]

[emoji12]
                      U on da rong side da riber fer a taco! Go tet u a Cajun 7 course meal at Don's or Best Stop...
                      6 pack and a link o' Boudin! That's better'n a stinkin' taco any hoo!

Comment

U on da rong side da riber fer a taco! Go tet u a Cajun 7 course meal at Don's or Best Stop...

6 pack and a link o' Boudin! That's better'n a stinkin' taco any hoo!

I nabbed some cracklins at Best Stop on the way home. Now I gotta stomach ache. [emoji50]

Comment

Thx Oscar! Funny how your priorities change, huh?
                          Yes lawd!!![emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                            I nabbed some cracklins at Best Stop on the way home. Now I gotta stomach ache. [emoji50]
                            Probably had more to do with quantity than it did quality... experience talkin' here!

Comment

Working...
                            X