Cruz vs Rubio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    If Marco Rubio represents the new GOP establishment then the fight is over and the conservatives have won. If Ted Cruz were not running, Rubio would be the most conservative legitimate candidate for president since Barry Goldwater. (including Reagan) He has a lifetime ACU (American Conservative Union) rating of 98 out of 100. Every year he has been in the Senate he has scored 100% from the Family Research Council and a 96% rating from Citizens Against Government Waste. He gets a 100 from National Right to Life and a zero from NARAL. I guess it is really saying something for the movement that this guy is being called establishment.

I still prefer Cruz but I can't help but believe many are basing their opinion of Rubio on the rantings of talk shows hosts and online pundits.
    No. My opinions have nothing to do with talk shows. He just looks like a scared little boy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      One is a younger Miami Cuban that is really good at flashing plastic. And, the other is a Texas Cuban

Is Cruz really Cuban?
      Has he ever been to Cuba?
      He was born in Canada.

If a Kenyan was born in Hawaii but raised in Saudi Arabia is he American, Kenyan or our President?

Comment

To me it all boils down to the fact that cruz is un-electable in the general election. Rubio is still a conservative but he realizes in this country you have to play the political game and get as much as you can while having to give a little to the other half. Its either that or we get Obama/Hillary/Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
          Both on the same ticket....YES please

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
            You can't be a dictator if you follow our constitution
            What does the constitution say about gay marriage?

What did the forefathers think about aid to foreign countries?

Keystone pipeline?

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
              I don't really comment on political threads because I really don't follow candidates very closely. I am a dire hard conservative and believe a Repubilican must win this election.

Can y'all articulate the differences between Cruze and Rubio please. Would like to hear your opinion. My vote is up in the air.
              Thanks
              Cruz = Conservative
              Rubio = Republican

Cruz as President
              Rubio as V.P.

Comment

Cruz alway creeps me out. Now I know why. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1454438941476.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	24428347

Comment

I just don't get the people who say they are conservatives yet when we FINALLY have one (the best in my voting lifetime) they bow down to the jaded and skewed thoughts that he's not electable being spewed by Libs and MSM (aka Libs).....that he can't get anything done. Be something and then do it right or don't do it at all. If being a conservative is so flawed then why the heck do you call yourself conservative? Because thats what Texans are supposed to be? Man up or go vote for Sanders. Obama has taken us to the woodshed every time I thought it couldn't be done. He didnt' do it by moving to the right.
                  Exactly...

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                    I agree with you. However, there are many things the conservatives can push for and get with enough votes in congress and the president. If all the democrats and all the republicans hate Cruz, how will he get anything accomplished? He flat out can't and the government will continue to spiral out of control. I really like Cruz, and I am glad I have until super tuesday to make up my mind.
                    If Cruz is President, he will have a LOT more power and influence than he has as a freshman Senator. If the Republicans still hold majorities in both houses of Congress, which they will if Cruz gets elected, then we will see the tide change in Congress instantly. The RINOs won't be afraid of a "terrible" government shutdown due to Obama's veto anymore. They won't be blackmailed behind closed doors by Obama and his NSA anymore. They will have the political cover they need (since their spineless without it) to go along with conservative ideas for a change.

You have to think past Cruz as one lone conservative Senator. It will be MUCH different if he's President.

Comment

Yes!

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      One is a younger Miami Cuban that is really good at flashing plastic. And, the other is a Texas Cuban

I have seen neither's cigar rolling skills. Maybe they should have a rolloff on the next debate.
                      I like it! They can make a weekend out of it and while we're at it they can shoot pheasants and we can see who's the better shot. Just so long as they don't invite Cheney!

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by doubleplay43 View Post
                        Did you guys like the fact that Cruz was a big John Roberts supporter right up until he was the swing vote that upheld Obamacare?
                        I was an enthusiastic fan of John Roberts up until the day he screwed us by changing his vote at the last minute on the Obamacare ruling. Apparently, he was blackmailed into doing that though. He and his wife adopted two Irish kids, and Ireland doesn't allow international adoptions. Obama and the Democrats threatened to have his children removed and sent back to Ireland if he voted against them on Obamacare. That's a tough spot to be in, but Roberts still should have done the right thing. He didn't. That's not Ted Cruz's fault, or anyone else's besides John Roberts.

I just don't get the people who say they are conservatives yet when we FINALLY have one (the best in my voting lifetime) they bow down to the jaded and skewed thoughts that he's not electable being spewed by Libs and MSM (aka Libs).....that he can't get anything done. Be something and then do it right or don't do it at all. If being a conservative is so flawed then why the heck do you call yourself conservative? Because thats what Texans are supposed to be? Man up or go vote for Sanders. Obama has taken us to the woodshed every time I thought it couldn't be done. He didnt' do it by moving to the right.
                        Yep. We'll NEVER get the President that the country needs if we continue to vote for the other guy because the media and the Democrats seem to hate the other guy a little less.

Comment

Rubio is great, except for the amnesty deal. If we ever give illegals citizenship and voting rights, there will never be another Republican president or Congressional majority again. It'll be over.

Comment

i dont see Marco mixing it up with the Dems like this....Go Ted!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CADDOKILLER View Post
                              To me it all boils down to the fact that cruz is un-electable in the general election. Rubio is still a conservative but he realizes in this country you have to play the political game and get as much as you can while having to give a little to the other half. Its either that or we get Obama/Hillary/Sanders.
                              I have heard this before on many fronts. I don't get it. Last night he (Cruz) got more votes than any other candidate in the history of Iowa primaries. A few years ago America said they were fed up with the current climate in Washington and there was huge turnover not only in Washington but at the state level also. I think we underestimate the power of a ticked off citizen when we say things like "so and so is un-electable." 7 years ago a whole bunch of frustrated Americans elected someone who was also thought to be un-electable.

Don't buy into the propaganda that someone is un-electable. Vote for the person that you believe will best represent your values. Let the chips fall where they may, but trust the electoral process.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                                Last night he (Cruz) got more votes than any other candidate in the history of Iowa primaries..
                                And Trump had the second most EVER.
                                Go Trump!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X