Cruz vs Rubio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    If government is doing the wrong thing, how is "getting something done" a good thing? I'd rather see government doing nothing than to see government doing the wrong things.
    I agree with you. However, there are many things the conservatives can push for and get with enough votes in congress and the president. If all the democrats and all the republicans hate Cruz, how will he get anything accomplished? He flat out can't and the government will continue to spiral out of control. I really like Cruz, and I am glad I have until super tuesday to make up my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      Exactly!! We need someone who will "undo" what was allowed to "get done".
      Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
      That's what people said about Obama, and he hasn't had any trouble pushing his agendas through. Besides, I'm tired of hearing about Rubio's grandparents, we get it...they came here from Cuba on a hope and a praye.....ZZZZZ!
      Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      Everything the government has got done in the last century has been to increase the size and power of itself. I would like someone to put a stop to that.
      We need to use Constitutional principles to get stuff done. Obama has pushed through a crap load of presidential overreach, but he also had the backing of the democrats. There is no way Cruz can push through any agenda and or turn back or reduce the size of the government if everyone hates him. Just saying.

Comment

Did you guys like the fact that Cruz was a big John Roberts supporter right up until he was the swing vote that upheld Obamacare?

Comment

I'm a Cruz guy, but I could pull the lever in November for Rubio without holding my nose.

I think either one of them would wipe the floor with Hillary or Bernie (or Biden if it gets to that point) so I'm sticking with Cruz as my top guy.

Comment

I just don't get the people who say they are conservatives yet when we FINALLY have one (the best in my voting lifetime) they bow down to the jaded and skewed thoughts that he's not electable being spewed by Libs and MSM (aka Libs).....that he can't get anything done. Be something and then do it right or don't do it at all. If being a conservative is so flawed then why the heck do you call yourself conservative? Because thats what Texans are supposed to be? Man up or go vote for Sanders. Obama has taken us to the woodshed every time I thought it couldn't be done. He didnt' do it by moving to the right.

Comment

Originally posted by doubleplay43 View Post
              Did you guys like the fact that Cruz was a big John Roberts supporter right up until he was the swing vote that upheld Obamacare?

A lot of conservatives were Roberts fans. Sheesh.... he sold us out but that doesn't make the people he turned on the same trash as he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                Both are good, bottom line is I believe Rubio may be better able to form a consensus and get something done. Cruz is a good man but may not be as effective in consensus. Of course if you are it is my way or the highway, Cruz is your guy.
                I agree with this as well. What I like about Rubio is that he has a true economist mind. He thinks and understands what economics teaches. Cruz I think is a solid candidate, I just dont know if he will be able to get bipartisan cooperation like Rubio would.

If the Republicans plan on beating Hillary, we MUST have a candidate that gain those swing votes and minority votes. Cruz can be too right wing sometimes to appeal to those on the fence.

Rubio is my dude!

Both on the same ticket....YES please
                Last edited by Chuy; 02-02-2016, 12:17 PM.

Comment

If Marco Rubio represents the new GOP establishment then the fight is over and the conservatives have won. If Ted Cruz were not running, Rubio would be the most conservative legitimate candidate for president since Barry Goldwater. (including Reagan) He has a lifetime ACU (American Conservative Union) rating of 98 out of 100. Every year he has been in the Senate he has scored 100% from the Family Research Council and a 96% rating from Citizens Against Government Waste. He gets a 100 from National Right to Life and a zero from NARAL. I guess it is really saying something for the movement that this guy is being called establishment.

I still prefer Cruz but I can't help but believe many are basing their opinion of Rubio on the rantings of talk shows hosts and online pundits.
                  Last edited by jerp; 02-02-2016, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Cruz is a Republican.
                    Rubio is a Rino.

Comment

Rubio was once considered the second coming of Ronald Reagan. He was even a tea party favorite. All that changed when he joined the "gang of eight" this group basically proposed a pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens. When Rubio became the front man for this group many tea party voters and other conservative felt he sold out. Rubio has since back tracked on that stance, but the damage was done.

Cruz has been openly conservative, and has stood by his convictions. He has filibustered the Senate, and is unafraid to go against the Washington status quo.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        Cruz is a Republican.
                        Rubio is a Rino.
                        If this is true, then Reagan was a democrat....oh wait...at one point he was....

Comment

double post

Comment

Trump sees Cruz as his biggest competition right now. Because of that, he is starting to attack Cruz and will be exposing some things that will not make Cruz look so good. When that happens, many people's opinions on Cruz will begin to change. It is already happening to Rubio as Hillary is attacking him because she sees him as the biggest threat to defeating her in the general election.

Comment

Rubio will work with others, including other Republicans, while Cruz will cut his own path (and neck). We don't need another dictator.

Hillary will continue to lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                                Rubio will work with others, including other Republicans, while Cruz will cut his own path (and neck). We don't need another dictator.

Hillary will continue to lie.
                                You can't be a dictator if you follow our constitution

Comment

Working...
                                X