Military Base Name Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military Base Name Changes

As a career soldier I get the chaos and animosity toward the politically correct Military Installation name changes but that doesn’t mean at my age I approach the world with a closed mind.

Read this and see what you think !

Harlem Hellfighters are an amazing piece of history, one that has often been overlooked. This is the story of one Hellfighter who will never be forgot.

I for one think the name changes are ridiculous but if they do I hope they stick to true relevant heroes who's service reflects the base's main use, artillery, armor, air cav, etc........surprised they haven't started naming them as monuments to themselves.......Post Pelosi.....Base Binary.......Biden armor airfield submarines.........

Comment

I’m not for any of that BS because I understand history, Don’t wan’t a Confederate Officer, Hillary or Bill Clinton, Bush family, LBJ, Senator Byrd, George Wallace, or any other globalist racist sperm wadd. No leftist like the obamas or their ilks either.

I’m not for a a gay alphabet soup member or a communist either.

What if we started by naming bases after Medal of Honor winners first, then move to lower medals?
      Last edited by Voodoo; 03-29-2024, 04:52 PM.

Comment

We didnt vote for this crap either.

Comment

Men deployed and died from those POSTS. They also died training on those Posts. Its dishonorable to change their names IMO. I doubt Trump gets in without being JFK’d but if he does I hope everything is changed back.

Comment

I disagree with leaving them the same, just change the name to someone honorable.

Instead of Ft Hood, I really have no problem with Cavazos based on his record. Maybe a base named after “Kyle”.

What if it were Fort N-Word instead of the confederate “Hood”…never time to right stupidity?

Comment

Hate to say it again, but its just another way to divide the people. If they can keep us fighting amongst each other with the right hand, we cant watch the left hand.
              As a Texan, Im fine with Cavazos.

Comment

Divisions are sometimes because of stubbornness, not necessarily the subject matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                  I disagree with leaving them the same, just change the name to someone honorable.

Instead of Ft Hood, I really have no problem with Cavazos based on his record. Maybe a base named after “Kyle”.

What if it were Fort N-Word instead of the confederate “Hood”…never time to right stupidity?
                  "Honorable" according to the ones in charge?

Your idea leads us to (George Floyd Bridge).

Comment

George Floyd doesn’t have a Military medal of significance. So you are off in the logic process.

The ones in charge seemed to have used your theory by choosing the original names. By the way, its the same woke lineage that chose the original names that chooses the Floyd “type” crap.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-5056.webp
Views:	215
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	26757863
                    Last edited by Voodoo; 04-01-2024, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                      Divisions are sometimes because of stubbornness, not necessarily the subject matter.
                      Or the uninformed. Many people were screaming because Hood was replaced with a mexican.

Comment

Naming a US base after a Confederate is equivalent to naming it after Hitler, Ho Chi Minh, or Noriega. Just plain stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post

Or the uninformed. Many people were screaming because Hood was replaced with a mexican.
                          I could be wrong but there were/are plenty of Hispanic recipients of very high military awards.

Comment

As a veteran I say leave the names alone. If you are offended by the names of these bases that have been around for hundreds of years, YOU'RE THE PROBLEM. Just go ahead and join the LGBTQ society and cry over everything. At what point did this country become so **** soft? Again, if your fragile little feelings are hurt because a Confederate Officer's name is on the base sign, OH WELL. Get over it. Imagine if some crybaby came up to you and said that your child's name offends them, and they want you to change it. That's what this is equal to in my opinion. History cannot be changed or erased. To change the names is completely disrespectful to the men that fought and died under those officers. They believed in their purpose and reasons for fighting, and they followed those officers into battle. Now 200 years later people want to whine and cry about a name? Those people are the problem with this world. They need to just go away. Until we ignore their complaints, they will keep getting bolder in their demands.

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
                              As a veteran I say leave the names alone. If you are offended by the names of these bases that have been around for hundreds of years, YOU'RE THE PROBLEM. Just go ahead and join the LGBTQ society and cry over everything. At what point did this country become so **** soft? Again, if your fragile little feelings are hurt because a Confederate Officer's name is on the base sign, OH WELL. Get over it. Imagine if some crybaby came up to you and said that your child's name offends them, and they want you to change it. That's what this is equal to in my opinion. History cannot be changed or erased. To change the names is completely disrespectful to the men that fought and died under those officers. They believed in their purpose and reasons for fighting, and they followed those officers into battle. Now 200 years later people want to whine and cry about a name? Those people are the problem with this world. They need to just go away. Until we ignore their complaints, they will keep getting bolder in their demands.
                              I have no problem with the name Ft Hood. But as a Texan and a veteran, I like Cavazos. I dont know where you're from but naming an installation in Tx a Texans name seems to offend you, that seems odd to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X