Is there a channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post

What type of voltage does HAM require to operate??
    My buddy used a 120v to 12v power external supply on his 6 meter radio. It also had it's own battery. Don't know what the voltage was.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post

I don't understand 90% of the technical jargin you said in those 3 post...but I did see something you mentioned that made me think of these. Are these type of things just gimmicks?
      Call me a pessimist, but I generally subscribe to the notion that any form of EMP shield is a scam. Why? Because if it fails how are you going to file a complaint and exercise your warranty?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

Call me a pessimist, but I generally subscribe to the notion that any form of EMP shield is a scam. Why? Because if it fails how are you going to file a complaint and exercise your warranty?
        I have tested my FOB's to see if they will work when inside the pouches. They do not. Even standing next to the vehicle. If RF cannot get out how can anything get in?

Comment

I'm screwed anyway since my truck is keyless start. Any EMP will fry the EMC, BCM and TCM on the truck. There are times I wish I still had my old 1970 C20 with zero electronics and I could push start it off a hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

Do EMPs really exist?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post

I have tested my FOB's to see if they will work when inside the pouches. They do not. Even standing next to the vehicle. If RF cannot get out how can anything get in?
              I don’t think RF signal & EMP’s are comparable, they are different frequencies and different energies.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Do EMPs really exist?
                Thats what I have been thinking. Is it just folklore or has someone (a country) successfully tested one?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post

Thats what I have been thinking. Is it just folklore or has someone (a country) successfully tested one?
                  In 1859 a solar flare completely decimated the telegraph transmission lines and equipment. Solar flare and EMPs are similar in form and function.
                  in the 1950s & 60s it was realized that nuclear testing damaged electronics.

i suppose the question still remains, has an EMP weapon been invented and tested, or the more prevalent concept of a nuclear warhead being detonated in the atmosphere and energized pulse damaging electronics on the ground, I don’t know that there is indisputable proof of either of those

Comment

Better go ask in ATC. Those guys will be able to tell you for sure.

Comment

I bet you can find the answer on X

Comment

Working...
                      X