Is there a channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a channel?

Is there an official TBH 2 way radio channel? I’m talking SHTF type scenarios, I know the radios are only good for a few miles in good conditions but with the network of people TBH has scattered across the state odds are you might be able to contact at least one like minded individual.

The feds would love to know also. Ha

Comment

Breaker, Breaker 19... anybody out there on the old green screen got their ears on???

Comment

Pretty sure it’s channel 4 or 4chan or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
          Is there an official TBH 2 way radio channel? I’m talking SHTF type scenarios, I know the radios are only good for a few miles in good conditions but with the network of people TBH has scattered across the state odds are you might be able to contact at least one like minded individual.
          Just keep posting. You have to make P&Y status before you receive that info!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
            DMR is what you seek. Library | DMR For Dummies

HF Radio is also an option, but you have to get your amateur radio license. Its pretty easy to get state wide coverage on 80 meter SSB at night. ​

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post

DMR is what you seek. Library | DMR For Dummies

HF Radio is also an option, but you have to get your amateur radio license. Its pretty easy to get state wide coverage on 80 meter SSB at night. ​
              I don’t think DMR won’t work in a grid failure or EMP type situation

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

I don’t think DMR won’t work in a grid failure or EMP type situation
                True, didnt think about that. I was just considering regional comms. Ham radio (HF) is truly the way to go, that's what it was designed for.

Comment

I truly have been considering a ham radio setup. If enough of your guys consider it as well and want to do a TBH channel even if its just a Thursday Drunk Conversation Hour...I'll make the leap.

Comment

I had a souped up Cobra SSB with slider once that would shoot skip all the way to Melborne, Australia with just a 125w linear amp.
                    Slider mod let you slide in between channels for more privacy. A buddy had a ham license and a 6 meter set-up he could take completely around the earth back to himself.

Comment

The President Randy III handheld that has been modified and souped up can transmit at around 10 watts and that should get you a range of around 25 miles line of sight on FM. https://youtu.be/8am0sQA5ixA
                      Other than a satellite​ phone this is about the best you get without using some surplus military equip.
                      I doubt anything would work during an EMP event other than two tin cans and a long string or some drums and smoke signals.

Comment

The little Midlands we had at the lease would barely reach past 2 miles on flat ground.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          The President Randy III handheld that has been modified and souped up can transmit at around 10 watts and that should get you a range of around 25 miles line of sight on FM. https://youtu.be/8am0sQA5ixA
                          Other than a satellite​ phone this is about the best you get without using some surplus military equip.
                          I doubt anything would work during an EMP event other than two tin cans and a long string or some drums and smoke signals.:)
                          I don't understand 90% of the technical jargin you said in those 3 post...but I did see something you mentioned that made me think of these. Are these type of things just gimmicks?

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            I had a souped up Cobra SSB with slider once that would shoot skip all the way to Melborne, Australia with just a 125w linear amp.
                            Slider mod let you slide in between channels for more privacy. A buddy had a ham license and a 6 meter set-up he could take completely around the earth back to himself.
                            What type of voltage does HAM require to operate??

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post

I don't understand 90% of the technical jargin you said in those 3 post...but I did see something you mentioned that made me think of these. Are these type of things just gimmicks?
                              I hope it works. I have those little bags that shield my vehicle key fobs to protect them from scanners.

Comment

Working...
                              X