Catastrophe created in Liberty County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy1123 View Post
    Colony Ridge is a **** hole and steadily expanding. But, that’s not the only area they are flooding into. Cleveland, New Caney, Porter have all turned into little Mexico with taquerias and guys selling roses on every corner. Take a drive down 1314, they have taken that area over from 59 to 242. Sorters road as well. They are slowly but surely moving into Huffman, Dayton, Crosby as well. There’s a new 130 acre trailer park off 2100 in Huffman called Los Pinos which will have at least 250 “single family” lots.
    Great. Keep your uninsured motorists payed up .

Speaking of, my auto insurance just went up $900 a year, same vehicles- no wrecks or tickets. Good ole Harris county taint kick.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post

Great. Keep your uninsured motorists payed up .

Speaking of, my auto insurance just went up $900 a year, same vehicles- no wrecks or tickets. Good ole Harris county taint kick.
      That’s insane Dave. We’re being priced outta everything.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I mentioned getting lost in there on one of the other threads.

I was on my way home from the then Splendora deer lease- pulling a trailer.

It was twilight zone as my GPS's went blank and I was left driving around looking for a way out. The only way I could find was back the way I had came.

I saw some out of place looking abodes that reminded me of what I saw the working class living in while in the Caribbean islands.

Here's one I thought was picture worthy, so I snapped a shot and happened to run across it lately in my photo's.

Yeah, I hope it survived the storms since then, picture was taken in 2019.
        We delivered some equipment there two or so years ago. Same thing happened with the gps. Driver drove around lost for 45 minutes until he found some guys working and was able to communicate enough to find a way out.

Comment

My son just built a new home 4 miles NE of there in Artavia gated community, Highway 242 and FM 1314. Crazy how things are so different just a short distance away. He has good security and Sig Sauer back up, cameras everywhere and last line of defense that I loaded myself So far they have had no problems in Artavia even though most of the construction workers live right down the road. Thunder Gun range is right across the levy about a mile away. I took my son and all my grandkids there for a day of practice about a month ago.
          Last edited by muzzlebrake; 01-22-2024, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy1123 View Post
            Colony Ridge is a **** hole and steadily expanding. But, that’s not the only area they are flooding into. Cleveland, New Caney, Porter have all turned into little Mexico with taquerias and guys selling roses on every corner. Take a drive down 1314, they have taken that area over from 59 to 242. Sorters road as well. They are slowly but surely moving into Huffman, Dayton, Crosby as well. There’s a new 130 acre trailer park off 2100 in Huffman called Los Pinos which will have at least 250 “single family” lots.
            We were lied to regarding Los Pinos. I sat in meetings where the developers specifically said that development would be nothing like Colony Ridge. The only thing we have in our favor Pinos is in Harris county which isn't much better.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post

We were lied to regarding Los Pinos. I sat in meetings where the developers specifically said that development would be nothing like Colony Ridge. The only thing we have in our favor Pinos is in Harris county which isn't much better.
              Seems like the county itself would have a case against the developer but they probably welcome the tax base

Comment

Everyone has different living situations. Most of these areas actually have guys and gals that work and pay their bills. Sure also some deadbeats sucking off taxpayer money. If it’s not for you don’t live there. Wife and I went through 20 coastal communities and a lot we said we would live there.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I mentioned getting lost in there on one of the other threads.

I was on my way home from the then Splendora deer lease- pulling a trailer.

It was twilight zone as my GPS's went blank and I was left driving around looking for a way out. The only way I could find was back the way I had came.

I saw some out of place looking abodes that reminded me of what I saw the working class living in while in the Caribbean islands.

Here's one I thought was picture worthy, so I snapped a shot and happened to run across it lately in my photo's.

Yeah, I hope it survived the storms since then, picture was taken in 2019.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3616.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	26698914

same here. I was looking for some stolen equipment off a jobsite near 59. The concrete supplier told me about the place and told me to drive through. I got lost and had no signal. It is definitely a different place. What blows my mind is how does the county not do inspections and shut that crap down. I happened to be there around the time school was out and I sat forever behind buses. Did not find my equipment but did see a bunch of it.

Comment

There was a time ong ago when the immigrant would be flying the American flag in their yard and keep their property up because of their pride in being here. Those days are long gone, they are employed by Americans who love that cheap labor and have no desire to become Americans or desire to be good citizens. I say when Trump get back in office we have another https://www.history.com/news/operati...54-deportation only 20 million or more strong. Then make Americans work or starve

Comment

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is suing the owners of Colony Ridge, a controversial Liberty County housing development, for deceptive trade practices and fraud in real estate transactions.

In the lawsuit filed Thursday, Paxton alleged the development churns land buyers through a foreclosure mill, targeting Hispanic consumers with limited or no access to credit with promises of cheap, ready to build land and financing without proof of income.

Colony Ridge then forecloses on the buyer and re-possesses their land before selling the same plots to others who are equally deceived, according to the Office of the Attorney General.

In the past, Colony Ridge developers, who couldn’t immediately be reached for comment, denied similar claims to Houston Public Media. Trey Harris, a developer, asserted last year that the development company sells land to some people who aren’t citizens, but the “vast majority” of people who purchase land through Colony Ridge use Texas or U.S. identification forms.

Must have read this thread.

Comment

Was talking to a guy from Entergy a few weeks ago and he said this used to be in his territory. Said they would have to drive through raw sewage in their trucks in people's yards. One guy wanted his meter set up on a tree and had built the frame of his house out of trees he cut down off the property.

Comment

Ken better not make Abbott mad, being Abbott has gotten somewhere around 1.4 million in contributions to his campaign.

Comment

The developer was interviewed on Michael Berry show couple months ago. He was pretty open about everything.

Comment

Working...
                            X