Question for the Bereans on this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post

This is why I said I can't speak for the heart of another. God knows what their final outcome will be. I do not.
    Correct.

Comment

Let's not forget, it was the Jewish people who crucified Jesus on the cross. He said" Father, forgive them for they know not what they do". Again, if He wanted them forgiven, who am I, or your dentist friend, not to? As a Christian, my only goal, is to mirror my Savior and become like Him.

Ask him next time you see him, if the old testament is dead and the new testament is our covenant, doesn't Jesus say in the new testament, forgive the Jews for they knew not what they did? Doesn't He say, love thy neighbor? Doesn't He say, forgive or no forgiveness will be given? This is all in the new testament spoken by our Lord.
      In his mind the O T is over and done. I continue to pray for his salvation because unless he ask forgiveness for his hatred of the Jews he will not be forgiven

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post

In his mind the O T is over and done. I continue to pray for his salvation because unless he ask forgiveness for his hatred of the Jews he will not be forgiven
        Prayer is the greatest force in the universe. It is our love for another presented to The Father. No other force has more power. You're doing the best thing you can for him.

I'm involved in a bible study currently that discusses this very thing. Each of our salvation most likely began by someone praying for us, maybe even by Jesus Himself!

Comment

Prayer is the greatest force in the universe. It is our love for another presented to The Father. No other force has more power. You're doing the best thing you can for him.

I'm involved in a bible study currently that discusses this very thing. Each of our salvation most likely began by someone praying for us, maybe even by Jesus Himself!
          Yessir. And in some cases you or I may be the only person in that man or woman’s life that are praying for them.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            "Specifically hate towards those designated at God’s chosen people"
            If Jews are God chosen people then why is it you need to be a born again Christian to get into heaven? Do Jews get an automatic pass?
            Serious questions.
            Shouldn't it be that the Jews were the chosen people God wanted his son born into in order for the prophecies to come true. But since death and rise of Jesus it is now the Christian who is the chosen
            Your last question kind of tiptoes into replacement theology, Gods plan was always to provide a Savior for mankind, Israel was always going to be that avenue. We didn’t replace the Jews, I personally see some similarities between certain people throughout the Bible giving up their birthright but I’ve never heard that preached by anyone. Quite possibly because it may be a thin ice topic like many other doctrines ie replacement theology.

Obviously there will be many Old Testament people in heaven, however everything changed during the Triumphal Entry, the day Jesus rode in on a colt and declared himself the Messiah the King. On that very day He was fulfilling the prophecy that Gabrial told to Daniel, that it would be 173,880 days until this would take place. Zachariah gave the same prophecy five centuries earlier.
            Jesus wept on that day and said “If only you had known on this day what would bring you peace! But now it is hidden from your eyes.”
            Holding them responsible for not recognizing He was fulfilling Old Testament prophecies that He was the Messiah.
            They rejected their Messiah and I suspect the Jews just like gentiles then and since forfeit eternal salvation, not for the sin they commit, but because they reject the atonement God provided for the forgiveness of sins.

To carry this a little further Jesus proclaimed that” in their affliction they will earnestly seek me.”This speaks of the atrocities that will come during the tribulation, 3 1/2 years into a 7 year treaty, Israel will make with the antichrist, he will break the treaty and reveal himself as the antichrist. That will be hell on earth until Jesus returns to defend His remnant. At that point they will except Him as their Messiah.

Which begs the question, if Jesus held His fellow Jews, Gods chosen people, responsible for not recognizing Him through those Old Testament prophecies, what will we be held responsible for? There is more written about the the coming events than there is anything else in the Bible, there are over 1800 scriptures foretelling what is about to unfold, likely before many of our very eyes. What is scary is we have a very limited view of what we perceive as “the church” but if we read the seven letters to seven churches in Revelation. He picks churches in chronological order throughout history. The last one being Laodicea, the worst church of the seven. He describes them as luke warm threatening to spew them out of His mouth. He also labels it the apostasy church, I believe this is where we are in history.

The church as a whole has compromised just about its whole identity with the world. Now more than ever we really need to dig into the Bible, we know that through Jesus’s teaching that at least half the people that claim to be part of His body are not of God. The tares and wheat parable tells us this. I mention all this because it’s not just the Jewish people that need to be concerned. I like the title to this thread, we all need to be Bereans. We need to not only receive the word with all readiness of mind, but we should also be searching the scriptures daily to find out whether those things be so. This goes hand in hand with the warnings of false teachers and prophets of the last days. The devil caused issues with the first churches, Paul goes back to correct them and warns as soon as he leaves wolves will come in to destroy the flock, knowing this, what has the devil been able accomplish is the thousands of years since?
            Last edited by Red Letters; 01-23-2024, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Letters View Post
              The church as a whole has compromised just about its whole identity with the world. Now more than ever we really need to dig into the Bible, we know that through Jesus’s teaching that at least half the people that claim to be part of His body are not of God.
              And just as important as reading the bible, we must search our own hearts for anything that has been compromised to the world. Anything that doesnt match the Word of God, discard it, and replace it with the Word. Do not be distracted from the truth, for the truth shall set you free.

Thanks for posting this.

Comment

1) In Romans 4, Paul re-interprets the Land promise made to Abraham and says that what was actually promised to him was "the World". Go read it for yourself.
                2) Jesus, in Mark 1:15, insists that the entire OT prophetic program had been fulfilled in the FIRST century. Go read it for yourself. No premillennialist ever addresses this little fact.
                3) The battle described in Ezekiel is not to be understood as an as-yet-to-occur, literal battle. It is intended to be a word of assurance concerning the promises God had been making. "How certain are the promises I am making? Not even a hypothetical army as big as Gog will be able to defeat my people." Go read - actually READ - the section of Ezekiel in question. And then let's have a serious discussion on the feasibility of an as-yet-to-occur, literal battle.
                4) God is on record for saying that he would annul the Mosaic covenant and establish a new one with Israel (Jeremiah 31). Jesus established that new covenant ("This is the new covenant in my blood.") It is a Jewish covenant into which Gentiles are invited. But again, the Mosaic covenant has been annulled and is no longer binding. Any non-believing, genetic Jew is kicked out of the nation. That is what Peter says in Acts 2. The political entity over in the Middle East that we refer to as "Israel" is no more (or less) God's people than any other nation on the planet. The only true Jewish nation is the one that believes and follows Jesus as Lord. That "nation" meets every Lord's Day in little congregations all over the World to proclaim Jesus as a Messiah for everyone (Matt 28).

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  I don’t understand hate of entire groups of people. I have known and enjoyed being around Muslim and Jewish people. Hunted and fished with both. Although our religious beliefs were different it didn’t change our friendships. One was killed on duty in a motorcycle wreck and the other I’m still in contact with.
                  They don't....they are just lost souls wanting to be a part of something they no nothing about or have ever been personally affected by. It fills a personal/social void in their life. Go pull a purple hair teenager outta a pro-palestine march and ask them a couple questions. Their answer is equivalent to "I like turtles".

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post

They don't....they are just lost souls wanting to be a part of something they no nothing about or have ever been personally affected by. It fills a personal/social void in their life. Go pull a purple hair teenager outta a pro-palestine march and ask them a couple questions. Their answer is equivalent to "I like turtles".
                    lol! Full belly chuckles

Comment

Originally posted by Red Letters View Post
                      The church as a whole has compromised just about its whole identity with the world. Now more than ever we really need to dig into the Bible
                      I think this statement sums up everything. Read the Bible. The Book of Job is a perfect example. The current Book of Job pop culture version is so massively flawed, it's stunning. Starting from who really instigated the whole Book of Job story.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

I think this statement sums up everything. Read the Bible. The Book of Job is a perfect example. The current Book of Job pop culture version is so massively flawed, it's stunning. Starting from who really instigated the whole Book of Job story.
                        I haven't heard about the "new" version... Can you tell me who/where to check it out? I could really let my mind run wild with this one in light of all that is going on today!!
                        Thanks!

Great discussion so far... I've been following along...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

I haven't heard about the "new" version... Can you tell me who/where to check it out? I could really let my mind run wild with this one in light of all that is going on today!!
                          Thanks!

Great discussion so far... I've been following along...
                          It is definitely an interesting series of posts.

I was going to explain the "new version", but my words are terrible. I am going to steal the follow quote from Daryl Cooper, a podcaster that does fantastic history podcasts, often diving into politics, religion, race, and all those fantastically interesting taboo subjects. He is also a Navy SEAL, and been on Tucker, along with a few other interesting talk shows. One more tidbit from his resume, while in the Navy (I believe he was a SEAL), he got in trouble for posting flyers on his base openly questioning the motives of America in Iraq.

The Book of Job ".... is frequently trotted out by non-believers to make a mockery of God, and it’s no wonder - the story of Job seems, at face value, to invalidate the simplistic claims about the character and purpose of God made throughout much of the rest of the Old Testament."

I can PM you his essay if you are interested, but it is too long to post here. It definitely will allow you to let your mind run wild. And in the end, it provides a thought provoking different analysis of Job, right, wrong, or somewhere in the middle.

Just let me know!

Comment

Working...
                          X