Question for the Bereans on this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the Bereans on this site

I have a well educated dentist friend of mine that seems to think that some of Gods word is nullified because it is in the Old Testament. Specifically prophecies pertaining to Israel and Zionism.
    It’s his contention that Israel is “occupying Palestinian land”. It’s my belief that Israel is only occupying a sliver of the Biblical boundaries That God originally established.
    He hates Jews. I suggested that he crucify the hatred he has for these folks especially if he considers himself a born again. Christian. Personally I believe we’re living in the end times and watching the Ezekiel war playing out before our very eyes. Where are y’all at on this?

Simple enough....God has love for ALL people, even the suicide bomber in his way to destroy Christians. If he would recognize, accept and receive the salvation that Jesus brings, his name would be written in the lambs book of life.

Everything else is really just a distraction and will disappear when He returns.
    Last edited by JayB; 01-21-2024, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Can a person be truly born again and harbor hate for the people that God himself says He has chosen?

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
        Can a person be truly born again and harbor hate for the people that God himself says He has chosen?

The Bible says that we are all sinners, and no sin is worse than another, with the exception of suicide. Sin is bad choices, be it made consciously or unconsciously. The Bible does also state however that we should all strive to live in a way that we don’t sin. Those that don’t read the word(I will admit to not reading as much as I should) and make choices that are based on earthly beliefs instead of biblical ones are living a life of sin.

It is our job, as followers of Christ, to not only strive to live without sin, but to also inform others. It is up to those people that we inform as to either believe us or not. In the end it is their choice. It is my belief that once they are informed, their decision is one that they will have to live and die with. I will pray for them and ask in my prayers if there is anything else that I can do.

Just my $0.02 for what it is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post

The Bible says that we are all sinners, and no sin is worse than another, with the exception of suicide. Sin is bad choices, be it made consciously or unconsciously. The Bible does also state however that we should all strive to live in a way that we don’t sin. Those that don’t read the word(I will admit to not reading as much as I should) and make choices that are based on earthly beliefs instead of biblical ones are living a life of sin.

It is our job, as followers of Christ, to not only strive to live without sin, but to also inform others. It is up to those people that we inform as to either believe us or not. In the end it is their choice. It is my belief that once they are informed, their decision is one that they will have to live and die with. I will pray for them and ask in my prayers if there is anything else that I can do.

I agree sir

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post

I don’t think the question was about the degree or severity of an, but rather can you be truly transformed and renewed in mind and spirit (born again) but yet harbor hate in your heart. Specifically hate towards those designated at God’s chosen people. And I think that question is a valid one.

and I think the answer is no, you can’t really be a Christian and harbor that sort of hate

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

I don’t think the question was about the degree or severity of an, but rather can you be truly transformed and renewed in mind and spirit (born again) but yet harbor hate in your heart. Specifically hate towards those designated at God’s chosen people. And I think that question is a valid one.

and I think the answer is no, you can’t really be a Christian and harbor that sort of hate
              That’s what I’m trying to relay to him. We’re going to stand before God and give an account “for every thought, word, and deed”. That should scare the ba jeebers outta people that read that and don’t have the covering of Christ.
              You can’t pick and choose what part of the Bible you believe It’s all or none.

Comment

Does the blood of Jesus atone for all sin except the hate in this guys heart?

Comment

Definitely has me wondering if you can be born again and hate not just Jews but anyone. I don’t believe it. But that’s between him and his Maker

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                    Does the blood of Jesus atone for all sin except the hate in this guys heart?
                    Of course it does, but was the acceptance of Jesus real if hate abounds? It’s not mine or anyone else’s call to make, but fruit of the spirit is all we have to use for evaluation

Comment

The Jewish people are a cesspool of evil and despicable atrocities then and now. The Old testiment is chock full of God being disgusted with their deeds,killing them and anything they touched, they are pedophiles, murderers, sex traffickers, run the $ of the world and do detestable deeds to human kind daily, then and now. You should hate even the clothes upon their bodies. Jesus also came from the Jews and wonderful things have come from their people obviously salvation which is our greates gift. The old Covenant has no value to those under the new Covenant, the old has passed away and so we are to follow a different path. That does not mean you should have blind love for all the Jews or have a blanket of hatred towards them all.

Comment

“Look at me Im with the crazies dog paddling in the deep end”

Comment

1. Does your dentist compare B.C. scripture with modern day facts on the 2 regions?

2. Does he even have any direct ties to the region? He might have personal issues, and this is a good oulet for him.

3. I feel like there was a seinfeld episode just like this.

Comment

Don’t know. All I know is I’m sticking with Jesus and what His word says. And I’m not ashamed of it. I had to separate myself from hating democrats/marxist to hating what they do. Very hard thing for me to do especially as a former Marine that hates to see our country end like this.

Comment

God gave the land to Israel as an everlasting covenant, another part of that covenant (that is still in effect) is “He will bless those that bless “Israel” and curse those that curse them.”
                              God is not done with Israel, unfortunately they have a very ugly future until the second coming. During the holocaust one third of the Jews were killed, during the tribulation two thirds will be killed, along with a third of the rest of the population. There will be a sheep and goat judgement afterwards based on how people treated the Jews during that period.
                              We as Christians have a unique opportunity during this period we are living in, He has given us the power to be called the sons of God, we are kings and priest, titles given to only one person in the Old Testament (not counting Jesus) but we have not taken the place of Israel. They are Gods chosen people and He will return to defend them, not because they deserve it, He said He would for His name sake. Your dentist also needs to realize our Lord is Jewish.

One other thing, the law was done away with, (or fulfilled) not the Old Testament. The New Testament is in the Old Testament concealed, the Old Testament is in the New Testament revealed. Jesus is on every page in the Old Testament and the New Testament writers quote from the OT hundreds of times. 66 books written by 40 authors (who didn’t know each other) over a period 2000 years with an integrated message.
                              paraphrasing Chuck Missler

Last edited by Red Letters; 01-21-2024, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X