Bet you didn't know or hear about this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
    GarGuy - No, this was an executive order for federal employees in the executive branch, who by the way, heavily favor the democrat party.
    We NEED to hamstring the executive order. That one congressman who tried to make EOs temporary unless approved by Congress is the most patriotic politician we've seen in decades (including Trump). Presidents, whether democrat or Republican, were never meant to legislate!

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post

We NEED to hamstring the executive order. That one congressman who tried to make EOs temporary unless approved by Congress is the most patriotic politician we've seen in decades (including Trump). Presidents, whether democrat or Republican, were never meant to legislate!
      I thought EOs expired at the end of the executive’s term, unless extended by the newly elected executive?

I don’t disagree with the idea that Congress need to approve to keep them official, but that pretending Congress ain’t as corrupt as the pres.

Comment

No, Playa, they do not expire unless there is an expiration date stated. Texas Governor's EO do expire after, I think, 90 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

I thought EOs expired at the end of the executive’s term, unless extended by the newly elected executive?

I don’t disagree with the idea that Congress need to approve to keep them official, but that pretending Congress ain’t as corrupt as the pres.
          True but at least there would be hope. I think Shane said it the best. Our system is designed for gridlock. Almost every time things run through the legislature smoothly it has something to do with the lubricant they applied to our backsides.

Comment

Working...
          X