Bet you didn't know or hear about this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bet you didn't know or hear about this!

Biden gives federal workers largest pay increase since Carter.

Beginning in January, federal civilian employees will see their salaries increase by the largest percentage since the Carter administration.

President Joe Biden signed an executive order in December giving federal employees an average of a 5.2% increase in pay, the largest increase since former President Jimmy Carter raised federal salaries by 9.1% in 1980. Meanwhile, Americans are dealing with inflation and a generally poor economy, with some blaming high government spending, according to recent polling.

Click here for full story: Biden Gives Bureaucrats Biggest Pay Bump Since Carter

Bet you're wrong...
    How else can he brag about wages going up for folks if he doesn't give a big raise to the federal workers. Also, he is always bragging about his "job creation" when the biggest increase in job numbers is in health care and government.

Sorry Dusty about the "bet you're wrong" crack...first thing that popped into my head. You learn all about this kind of stuff on Townhall.com.

Comment

I actually wasn’t aware of this, so thanks for
      posting.

the difference between Carter & Biden, is at least Carter was semi honest about the inflation rate during his admin, Biden is dead set on lying that inflation is still single digits. To be fair to Biden, I don’t think he knows what decade it is, he probably thinks Carter still is Prez, and he’s just stating what he’s been instructed to state.

Comment

Yet SSI only increased 3.2 percent.

Comment

Congress could stop this but they won't.

Comment

This is for federal workers? If so, what is the average federal worker salary? If $50k per year salary, a 5% increase is only $50 week. If federal worker, they have the same inflation prices to pay that we , the general public, must also pay.

I say IF, because I trust absolutely nothing from this admin.

Comment

Biden just trying to buy a few more votes with our money.

Comment

Did the raise include congress?

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                  This is for federal workers? If so, what is the average federal worker salary? If $50k per year salary, a 5% increase is only $50 week. If federal worker, they have the same inflation prices to pay that we , the general public, must also pay.

In the article:
                  All American employees working in private industry saw a 4.5% salary increase between Sept. 2022 and Sept. 2023, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Inflation grew at 3.1% between Nov. 2022 and Nov. 2023, according to the BLS.

Federal employees received a pay bump of 4.6% in 2023, according to Government Executive.

Federal employees already make significantly more money than those working outside the federal government.

The average pay for federal employees was $98,943 in 2023, according to data collected by OPM. Pay in some locales is even higher, with federal employees in Washington, D.C., bringing in an average of $135,078 per year and feds in Maryland taking home an average of $128,663.

The median salary in the United States was $1,118 per week as of October, which works out to about $58,000 a year, according to the BLS. That figure includes federal employees.
                  If you took federal employees out of the $58,00 median, it would indicate the average private industry employee makes substantially less.

GarGuy - No, this was an executive order for federal employees in the executive branch, who by the way, heavily favor the democrat party. Also from the article:
                  Of the $2 million that federal workers at 14 agencies donated to presidential campaigns as of the month before the 2016 election, approximately $1.9 million went to Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, according to The Hill. Only about 5% of federal employee donations went to Donald Trump during the 2016 cycle.

Even when Trump was in charge of the executive branch during the 2020 election cycle, federal employees still heavily favored Biden, the Democratic presidential nominee. Biden raised $1.06 million from federal employees between 2019 and October 2020 while Trump raised just $743,000, according to Government Executive.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post

That’s totally not the point. This was done by executive order, rather than a congressionally approved budget appropriation

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      Congress could stop this but they won't.
                      Well you can’t keep printing money for ever….or can you?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

That’s totally not the point. This was done by executive order, rather than a congressionally approved budget appropriation
                        Ha, someone has to tell Biden what to do. He can't even gather a thought much less make a decision. Seems everything he tries to do, he does by exec order and just bypasses our system.

I did not know federal jobs paid so well. I know that local city jobs aren't great but those that do have pensions is what most keep their jobs for.

Comment

Yeah, saw that yesterday.

Comment

Can he do this without Congress?

Comment

Technically, yes, but he has to get the money from Congress.

Comment

Working...
                              X