Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does our government fund that's good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
    The Forest Service has a lot of wasteful spending. I could give many examples that I witnessed first hand. They have gone woke.

$100 million for tree equity. WTH? As Burnadell would say "Good Grief".

https://www.texasbowhunter.com/discu...or-tree-equity
    As most of us when working in our own company or profession it is much more noticeable. I have allot of Angelina National Forest around me and across the road in Bannister WMA. The manner in which they are thinning the timber is unusual now I noticed.

Tree equity, I just read it omg!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      I'm not talking about where they spend money.

Example - They have to have government buildings - we all agree. Why do they get to spend 4-10x more on a building and just waste the money? How is that not a flat out scam?

welfare - scam. Does it help a few people? Sure. But if you let pretty much anyone with a brain run welfare it would help 5-10x the people OR save a crap ton of money. Yes or no?

I'm just saying you can't say somethings good because it helps a few people. TBH can all chip in and give me a million dollars. I'll help 3 families by giving them each $10,000. Does that make me a good person or a scammer?
      Right. But what we are paying for isn't the service itself. There are other "benefits" (for lack of a better term). We let the government handle homeless people. That means we don't have to see them, deal with them, or house them. There is a price involved in that. Not just building the building, but folks going out and physically dealing with the homeless, so we don't even have to see it happen.

Forest service - If we let the private industry manage our national forests, we would not have a single inch of huntable, public land. Every inch gets maximized for profit, and no one allowed onto the property without a massive fee paid. With our current model, land is maximized for use as well as natural beauty and ability to hold animals, among other criteria.

I agree things cost more when the federal government does them. My only point is, where YOU or I specifically draw the line on something like welfare and the forest service, is going to be massively different than others within our party. Hell, we might not even agree on what is "reasonable". But the other side gets a vote too.

Comment

Everything they do is backed by science, my friends. You see, it is proven that fluoride prevents cavities, so putting fluoride in the water supply creates healthier teeth and gums.

Everyone knows that rodents are problematic to farm crops, therefore, creating gmo crops that kill the rodent when it consumes the crop is beneficial.

Bottom line, these are satans minion that are in charge. he has rewarded his people and placed them in the highest positions of this planet. ps 2:1 (read it and know it)

Comment

I think that Shrimp Treadmill funding during the Obama administration woke a lot of people up.

Comment

Working...
          X