Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does our government fund that's good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does our government fund that's good?

Does our government do any thing good at all anymore?

I was just thinking and it seems everything I can think of is either a total scam they dump money into or a program that appears good but is run so corruptly it wastes more money than it uses towards good.

If everything they fund is BS do people still reason with each new program or use feelings to make themselves think it's good, at least until proven bad?

Example - Climate change. We all know it's total BS. They knew long ago (probably at very start) it was BS. Why did so many not see it was BS?
    Electric cars and wind turbines = The same questions.
    They fund all of these through "science". If an "independent lab they fund shows data that goes against what they're paid to find they get no more funding.

So why do so many people agree with the above until I point out the EXACT same situation applies to government funding evolution and then they take the governments side. Of course 95% of science supports evolution because the groups that do not get cut off and have no money. They also get shut down as non reputable science groups because they were cut off. I guess I don't understand the one sided science and most don't see the issue.

IMO, climate change is not BS, it just ain’t caused by humans. Winters don’t get and stay as cold as they did when I was younger, we don’t have as much rain as we had when I was a young man, etc.I believe the climate has cycled for centuries and will continue to do so as long as God wishes.

As to your original question, gimme a little time, I ain’t as nimble as I used to be.

Comment

What Mr. Drycreek said.

Comment

Good? Yes. Without waste? Never.

id say the FAA is a good service. Highways & roadways is good. Military is good. National forest is good. Police/fire.

but they are gluttonous, wasteful bureaucracies run by unelected public servants

Comment

uh, the Government does fund anything....taxpayers do.

Social security....now that I'm collecting. I'd much rather had a choice of where to put my SS funds tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            Good? Yes. Without waste? Never.

id say the FAA is a good service. Highways & roadways is good. Military is good. National forest is good. Police/fire.

but they are gluttonous, wasteful bureaucracies run by unelected public servants
            So how much waste can there be before it's no longer "good"? That's my question. If they cost 5x what they should then they are hurting far more people than they are helping.

BTW - Climate change is BS. Sure climate changes some or we go in cycles but it's nothing like they tell us it is.

Comment

The libtard version of climate change is total BS. The climate has always been in a constant state of change. and we need to hope that it always remains that way. I would hate to think what happened if it was stagnant, we’ve had ice ages Texas has been an ocean floor. The climate is always changing.

Comment

Climate change as liberals would have us believe is BS, as is just about everything else they espouse. But why would a thinking person believe them ? They used to call it global warming until that lie was exposed, then they settled on climate change, which is harder to disprove and sounds better to them. All the hoopla about icebergs melting causing the seas to rise and holes in the ozone seems to have disappeared along with cow farts. Now it’s emissions from industry and cars, but just in the US ! No emissions from China or India would ever cause “climate change” ! And windmills and solar panels made by and from carbon fuels are gonna save the world ! Give me a damm break !

Sorry to turn your thread into a rant Rat, but this crap gets on my last nerve.

Comment

LOL all good.

So better question would be.. What research does the government fund that doesn't turn out to be complete BS?

A few listed above but it's been going on a LONG time. Acid rain, deforestation, species extinction etc..

Point is that if the government funds the research it's almost always BS. So why do people agree except with evolution, then they say the government is correct?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

So how much waste can there be before it's no longer "good"? That's my question. If they cost 5x what they should then they are hurting far more people than they are helping.

BTW - Climate change is BS. Sure climate changes some or we go in cycles but it's nothing like they tell us it is.
                    What is a reasonable price to you is not a reasonable price for others. For example, I wish our feds would spend way more to manage our national forests and other public land. A city person might say that's 5x what we should spend. We just disagree on where our money should go.

Comment

Climate Change is real and the only way to stop it is to pay more taxes. Taxes make it colder outside.

Comment

I'm not talking about where they spend money.

Example - They have to have government buildings - we all agree. Why do they get to spend 4-10x more on a building and just waste the money? How is that not a flat out scam?

welfare - scam. Does it help a few people? Sure. But if you let pretty much anyone with a brain run welfare it would help 5-10x the people OR save a crap ton of money. Yes or no?

I'm just saying you can't say somethings good because it helps a few people. TBH can all chip in and give me a million dollars. I'll help 3 families by giving them each $10,000. Does that make me a good person or a scammer?

Comment

The Forest Service has a lot of wasteful spending. I could give many examples that I witnessed first hand. They have gone woke.

$100 million for tree equity. WTH? As Burnadell would say "Good Grief".

Biden Forest Service Hands Out Over $100 Million To Advance ‘Tree Equity’ "The Forest Service argues (https://www.fs.usda.gov/managing-land/urban-forests/ucf/2023-grant-funding) on its website that planting trees will reduce crime and improve health outcomes. The grants are funded through (https://www.fs.usda

Comment

Well. Military- roadways- National Parks- im
                            sure there are some more

Comment

Understand that Satan is the Prince of the Air. That means that all are under His influence unless you have been given a new life by accepting Christ. You were born with the spirit of man (which is corrupt) and must receive the Holy Spirit in order to see and be different than the world. So, if the World is under the sway of the Wicked One, then it is all corrupt. Period. Understanding this is the first step to having eyes to see and ears to hear.

Comment

Working...
                              X