• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sb 1236

This is not good for the bow fishing industry

I hope it’s not affected, sad deal

Comment

I feel bad for the bow fishers…. Especially the guides…. Surely there is an amendment for them.

im po’d myself bc I public hunt and have a kayak I was going to use this year to hunt this year….

Comment

I can't verify this, but, if true, the Texas legislature just outlawed all hunting with bows, rifles, and shotguns with slugs on rivers statewide.

Comment

Originally posted by R.W.T View Post
          This is not good for the bow fishing industry
          It should have no effect on bow fishing. It is about hunting animals, not fish, while shooting into the water.

This is from the law:

This section does not apply to:
          (3) an individual engaging in fishing using archery equipment, if the individual is in compliance with Subsection (e).

(e) An individual engaging in fishing using archery equipment may not possess while fishing:
          (1) an arrow equipped with fletching of any kind;
          (2) an unbarbed arrow; or
          (3) a bow that is not equipped with a reel and line.

So if you “fishing” equipment has nothing but barbed arrows, no fletched arrows and a reel with line attached to the bow, you are good to go.

If you are floating a stream to try and catch a deer crossing and the game warden checks you and you have fletched arrows with broadheads, “I am fishing”, won’t work.

Comment

Working...
          X