9 yr old son got big 8 pt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txstringbender View Post
    Wow. Your 9 yr old is pulling 40 lbs? My 10 yr old barely pulls 15. I really need to work on strength with my oldest boy to get him up to a killing weight. Congrats to that boy for a great buck.
    He got his bow back in march for his birthday and I think was pulling about 20 lbs. We would go out every day and practice and about every week we would up the poundage a little. By the time bow season started he was pulling 40 lbs and we stopped there for now. He has an older brother that is 12 and he can't draw the bow. Every day before we would leave the stand I would let him shoot something...coons, birds, squirl, whatever so that when the time came he had that motion down. When the right deer did walk out waiting on the right shot for his spike and this 8 pt was the hardest part about it all.

Comment

Perfect shaped buck, great stuff young fella

Comment

Incredible! Congrats to your son!

Comment

That is awesome! "All it takes is all you've got" and he definitely got all of that one! Great job little man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hog smacker View Post
            He got his bow back in march for his birthday and I think was pulling about 20 lbs. We would go out every day and practice and about every week we would up the poundage a little. By the time bow season started he was pulling 40 lbs and we stopped there for now. He has an older brother that is 12 and he can't draw the bow. Every day before we would leave the stand I would let him shoot something...coons, birds, squirl, whatever so that when the time came he had that motion down. When the right deer did walk out waiting on the right shot for his spike and this 8 pt was the hardest part about it all.
            That's just amazing. Good idea on gradually upping the poundage.

Comment

Congrats to you and your son. Hooked is all I see in that face. Great way to spend time with your son, great job.

Comment

Congratulations son,you did a great job.

Comment

not many 9 yr olds kill deer like that and even less do it with a bow... what a feat

Comment

Wow! Huge congrats to your young man!

Comment

Congrats. A major accomplishment. Lots of grown men haven't shot a buck that good.
                      Last edited by lovemylegacy; 12-14-2015, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Awesome congrats.

Comment

That's what it's all about right there!

Comment

Awesome! Congrats to both you and your boy!

Comment

congrats on the buck!!

Comment

Working...
                                X