Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yaaaaay you found him!!!! Congrats!

Comment

Great post!!! So let me ask you.. You think it was broadhead error?
      I personally don't just from what I read anyways. Did you ever recover the head? Blades intact?

Comment

Congratulations on a tough tracking job. I wonder though if you would have just backed off the first time when you saw him bedded down but still alive, would he have stayed where he was and just died there overnight. I guess we'll never know but something to think about especially when you have video footage of the shot and could see that the shot was angled a bit too far forward. Great experience for you and us.
        Congratulations again.

Comment

Originally posted by Wac M Trac M View Post
          Great post!!! So let me ask you.. You think it was broadhead error?
          I personally don't just from what I read anyways. Did you ever recover the head? Blades intact?
          I honestly think it was shot placement error more than broadhead error. Was not able to recover that part of the arrow.

Comment

congrats Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyl View Post
              Congratulations on a tough tracking job. I wonder though if you would have just backed off the first time when you saw him bedded down but still alive, would he have stayed where he was and just died there overnight. I guess we'll never know but something to think about especially when you have video footage of the shot and could see that the shot was angled a bit too far forward. Great experience for you and us.
              Congratulations again.
              From what I saw both in the shot and the other video of him walking off, I honestly thought I had given him enough time to expire by leaving for almost 3 hours. Once I saw the buzzards back there I figured he must be dead. I obviously was wrong in that thinking. It was a tough lesson to learn and I think he would have died right there had I left him overnight or maybe even for 6+ hours. Definitely a learning experience for me.

Comment

Soooo glad you got this deer! Congrats!

You made a heck of a shot and just had bad luck!

Comment

Originally posted by jake-1024 View Post
                  Definitely may take you up on that offer man!! Thanks a bunch.
                  I'd love to do it! We are going this coming weekend so I'll start hunting you a cape.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    I'd love to do it! We are going this coming weekend so I'll start hunting you a cape.
                    Do a live hunt. I'll be all over that sucker rooting ya'll on!!

Comment

Glad you found him man! Get him mounted and scored he deserves that honor of the Pope and young certificate on the wall by him! Congrats on a fine buck my friend!

Comment

Great deer. Congratulations man. Glad you found him.

Comment

glad that you found him.

Comment

Too bad it ended that way but atleast you found him and stayed after it! Glad you got closure bud! Nice buck.

Comment

Originally posted by jake-1024 View Post
                              Do a live hunt. I'll be all over that sucker rooting ya'll on!!
                              NO WAY!!! Can't stand the pressure...IF I'm successful, I'll do a write up with pics. Will be 5 of us, so good chance to get a cape.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Very nice gesture Charlie!

Comment

Working...
                                X