No announcement yet.

Just shot a good one!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if you had found him and the birds hadn't worked him over, would the meat have still been good?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
      So if you had found him and the birds hadn't worked him over, would the meat have still been good?
      Possibly. It got pretty cool last night. The cape for sure would have been so I think the meat would've been alright too.

Comment

Congrats!! So glad that you were able to recover him, he's a beauty

Comment

Nice buck!! Congrats!!

Comment

Nice buck man really glad to see you found him lost a buck couple years ago myself

Comment

Glad this roller coaster is over great buck!!! Most defiantly a very informative thread.

Comment

Attaboy!

Comment

Backstraps man!!! birds didn't get the backstraps!!

Congratulations on an epic hunt that ended in a fine trophy! If you want to mount him, I will save you a cape from the first mature deer we get on our place that the hunter is not going to mount! Just send me a PM with info on how to contact you when I get a cape for you. My place is in Del Rio and I go thru San Antonio out 90 so we could meet up in either San Antonio or Hondo (assuming you would be coming from Devine.

Thank you for taking us along on a great hunt!

Comment

Congratulations Jake! What a beautiful deer. You stayed the course MUCH longer than many bowhunters do in these situations.

Even with the best-placed arrow, what happens from the time you trip the release until the arrow passes through the deer is more of an estimation than a calculation. And statistically, what happened with this deer is simply unavoidable 100% of the time. Sometimes, the odds just catch up with us in hunting.

What a ride--thanks for taking us along! Now go let the air out of an ole slickhead and get some more venison!
                    Last edited by woodsman; 10-04-2014, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Real glad you persevered and got to lay your hands on him!!

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Backstraps man!!! birds didn't get the backstraps!!

Congratulations on an epic hunt that ended in a fine trophy! If you want to mount him, I will save you a cape from the first mature deer we get on our place that the hunter is not going to mount! Just send me a PM with info on how to contact you when I get a cape for you. My place is in Del Rio and I go thru San Antonio out 90 so we could meet up in either San Antonio or Hondo (assuming you would be coming from Devine.

Thank you for taking us along on a great hunt!
                        Definitely may take you up on that offer man!! Thanks a bunch.

Comment

Congratulations on a fine buck. Hellova job man, way to stick with it.
                          Last edited by Geezy Rider; 10-04-2014, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Nice deer. Glad it all came together for you.

Comment

Persistence and good ethics pay off in the long run. Congrats.
                              Heck of a story! Every time you look at him on the wall you will remember
                              How tough some white tails can be and the lessons you learned.

Comment

Congrats on finding him man

Comment

Working...
                                X