Just shot a good one!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archer156 View Post
    should have been ready for a follow up shot like i said! He will lay down again just be ready next time to shoot him again! Good luck and put another arrow in him!
    ^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^

Comment

You will get him. Would be nice if you could get another arrow in him. I would not leave him very long with that many buzzards hanging around.

Comment

That 30 yd run got his pumper pumpin again. He'll die soon. Had a axis doe I jumped after about 2 hours and she busted outta there and I went "well crap'. About 30 yds on a full run and she end over ended. DOA rat there.

Comment

I think the shot was a little far forward for that angle. had it passed through i think it would have exited in front of the opposit lef missing the other lung.
          The fact that it did not pass through is the thing that is going to kill him.

Comment

Originally posted by stringmusic View Post
            You mollywhopped that rascal! Congrats man! Youll be eatin backstrap tonight bud
            Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
              Agree with this....and patience
              That's probably the most common call we get from bowhunters. Deer quartering away and shot too far forward, midway up the body. Tracked four or five just like that last year.

Comment

Originally posted by jake-1024 View Post
                I'm sick to my stomach.
                Most of us have all been there and know the feeling. It stinks, but it's part of what we do. All you can do is your best.

Maybe touch base with a dog handler and get something tentatively set up with them. Just in case you cant find him yourself.

He's gonna die!

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  That's probably the most common call we get from bowhunters. Deer quartering away and shot too far forward, midway up the body. Tracked four or five just like that last year.
                  I agree with this, I did it a few years ago on a 170" deer in Grayson Co. He showed up the night after I shot him eating corn at the feeder. He ended up dropping his antlers that year under my feeder and then got hit by a car the next week. To much info but thought I would share while Jake finds his deer.

No doubt in my mind that this deer is dead!

Comment

He's a dead deer, and that was an excellent shot. I'm going to call this a broadhead failure though. That deer should have gone down for good within 2 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by jake-1024 View Post
                      Ya. I gotta run to San Antonio real quick anyways. Just gonna give him more time and keep an eye out for birds when I'm coming back in. I'm sick to my stomach.
                      Don't feel bad Jake, deer are tough animals....you will eventually get your hands on him. For years I have never been a fan of quartering away shots and last year that was the only shot a doe would give me and I had a similar experience to what you are having now. That reminded me why I need to be patient and wait for a broadside shot.

Comment

following... good luck!

Comment

Don't worry. He's a dead deer walkin. No way he can handle that. Gonna be an interesting autopsy.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                            He's a dead deer, and that was an excellent shot. I'm going to call this a broadhead failure though. That deer should have gone down for good within 2 minutes.
                            Once this deer is recovered (which it will be) I would do a full "autopsy" and see what exactly happened. After seeing the video, I would agree that right now my first suspicion is mechanical broadhead failure as well. That shot should have done some major damage. We will all find out shortly.

Comment

I'm sure you'll find him. I'm not a fan of mechanicals for reasons like that.

Comment

Somebody is going to have to explain this too far forward deal. Qtr away and exited behind off side shoulde. This is too far back if anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X