Valley View Doe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valley View Doe

Headed to Valley View, TX to get some hunting in with the cooler weather. I have been after a 9 point that I missed opening morning but he never showed this weekend.

Friday was uneventful except for 6 does coming in at last light. However it was too dark for video. Saturday morning produced nothing, but my luck changed that afternoon. Sitting in my blind after listening to the Red Raiders get embarrassed by the buffs I heard a squirrel behind me start reaking havoc. I slowly turn around to see what he was barking at and a bobcat walks out 10 yards from me. I grab my bow and get ready for a shot but he moved off before I could draw back. Despite my best try at squeaking he had no interest and would not come back. Did snap a pic though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bobcat.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	24716161

After just barely missing the chance of a lifetime i was a little frustrated but not a few minutes later 2 does and a yearling step out. Waited for the one I wanted to offer a good shot. She turned quartered away and I made a great shot hitting both lungs and clipping the back of the heart. You can watch the video and see the arrow hit the dirt behind her after passing through. She ran about 50 yards and piled up. Although I watched her fall, the magnus stinger did an awesome job as usual and left a nice blood trail. I will never use another broadhead. Not only is the warranty awesome the things just plain work.

Name:	DSCF1305-2.JPG
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	24716160

Here is the video. The coon at the beginning is one of four that like to have a little buffet line at my protein feeder. The other three were smart enough not come back out.
    It is kind of small but had to compress it to upload it.

Congrats on the Doe. Good write up.

Comment

Congrats on the doe

Comment

Congrats. That should be some great eating

Comment

Nice doe and video. I have not heard that song before. Who sings it?

Comment

Nice Doe And Great Shot!

Comment

Great Video, Tech.

I was getting a little nervous. I thought she was going to leave before you got a shot..

Great Patience

Congrats
              ]

Comment

Nice shooting. Cool video.

Comment

Great video and congrats on the doe.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Congrats!!

Name:	TxTechBowhunter_001.jpg
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	23815269

Comment

great job!!

Comment

Congrats! I think I asked you this last year, but whereabouts do you hunt up there? My family's place is just north of town. I've been seeing deer, and they've been coming in to my feeder pretty well, but they are coming in after dark or before light, at least when I've been there. I shoot a traditional bow with no sights, so I haven't had a shot opportunity that I've been comfortable with yet. Hopefully this weekend.

Count yourself lucky on the coons. My trailcam has gotten pics of 10 in there at one time.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Log; 10-19-2006, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on a good looking doe.

Comment

Working...
                              X