Clear All

What pasture did you hunt

Comment

Rattler7696

Comment

Middle and North
        pasture

Comment

very nice axis.. to bad he wasnt recovered..

Comment

I hunt the Baker every year and have a great time with our group. This is truely a fair chase hunt and not for everyone as most want a walk in the park hunt. If you get an Axis at the baker 3, you have worked for it. There are plenty of animals: however they are extremely smart and know how to avoid hunters. It is up to the individual as to what he wants. A great experience or an easy hunt????

Comment

Yeah, I read and hear elitist comments like that all the time. The fact is if you are paying hard earned cash for a hunt the outfit should have enough animals that you will at least see some game and have people put you in a position or area where you can get ops or at least see the game exists there. And if you are taking that money you should care if your customers do see game. Baker three meets you on the ranch road, gives you a hat and an okay barbeque dinner and calls it a hunt. When I drive 6 hours and spend that kind of money I expect a little more than that. But hey, glad you like the place. I would bet though the number of disappointed hunters that won't go back far out number the repeat business customer's. I know everyone that went in my group will not return.

Comment

where else can you shoot a 30+" axis for $850..but i do agree on the amount of game you see its all in the pasture you hunt...my buddy had a chance at a true giant and the biggest one killed when i was there was 31 tall and 31 wide ill take that all day for 850

Comment

the thing i dont like about it is if you wound one you dont pay..that lets people just fling arrows and wound them and if they dont find them oh wel..l few guys in are group shot some good ones and never found them..thats bowhunting but if you shoot a animal you should be accountable for that animal.

Comment

that was a nice axis! I feel sorry for the person who lost it

Comment

Originally posted by hunt n fish View Post
                      that was a nice axis! I feel sorry for the person who lost it
                      X2

Comment

That's a dang shame. Would have been a good wallhanger.

Comment

Too bad on the axis!!

Comment

I guess I'm an "elitest" No pain no gain Brutha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well dang if you fellas wanna pay to go sit and see nothing I know of a couple of spots I'll charge you half that price to sit around in the heat for no game. Just saying you can go to the Diamond C or a number of other places and see game for what you pay there. Not to mention the service and effort you get from quality outfitters. If you think "real hunting" is sitting in a stand seeing nothing and paying out your money to do it then more power to you. To me it's about maximizing my hunting time on a place that actually has game for me to shoot for the money I'm spending.
                              Last edited by DRT; 07-15-2013, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X