Baker 3 few pics 6/23/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baker 3 few pics 6/23/13

The hunt was fun it was my first time to the ranch. Didn't have any luck saw one ok buck the first AM that was probably 25" or so and passed him only to kill a few rodents and find some rocks.We did find a nice one dead guessing it was from the hunters before us. But still a great hunt and great deal cant wait for a trip back.. heres a few pics enjoy

Too bad someone lost that one

Comment

yeah it was a nice one prob 30"

Comment

Very cool! That's a neat trip! Too bad about the axis though!

Comment

I bet you wish you had me down there to show you how it's done. Sorry Jose better luck next year.

Comment

Yep. That's about par for that place. Cool pics. Better luck next time.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              Yep. That's about par for that place. Cool pics. Better luck next time.
              My last 2 times has been that way, and actually last time I saw 1 axis doe and that's it... Great pics

Comment

Why do people keep going to Baker 3? Lot's of people on here say you don't see many axis...

Comment

good axis there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                    Why do people keep going to Baker 3? Lot's of people on here say you don't see many axis...
                    Cheap!!! However it's hunted so hard the axis lockdown when the traffic starts. If you know the place well you can do ok for a good price. The last time I was there the guide told me he knows where they go but wouldn't tell me because he would have to tell everyone. This was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I had a pocket full of money and the guide wouldn't do his job because he would have to work to hard. That place is turned into a cash register and could care less about success. Rant over... Sorry

Comment

When I first started hunting for exotics I went to a couple places including the Baker3 because they were cheap, I had over confidence in my hunting ability maybe and I was on a pretty limited budget. I figured out quick that I was spending more money not getting anything than I would if I went to a better place with better odds. Several delicious meals later I figured out that was a better plan.

Comment

Cool place..but it's all in the pasture you get me and a couple buddy's got 2 pastures airport and west..lots of sign in airport west was dead my buddy did see a giant he said it was well over 30" and long tines..I'm sure ill make a trip back it's a good deal.i might have had more luck but I spend more time looking for points then axis

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                          Cheap!!! However it's hunted so hard the axis lockdown when the traffic starts. If you know the place well you can do ok for a good price. The last time I was there the guide told me he knows where they go but wouldn't tell me because he would have to tell everyone. This was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I had a pocket full of money and the guide wouldn't do his job because he would have to work to hard. That place is turned into a cash register and could care less about success. Rant over... Sorry
                          Very true!!!

Comment

where was that dead one found at?

Comment

Dead one found in Airport pasture. I go every year and always see axis. But you have to get out and go after them. If you think you can just put out corn and alfalfa and they come a running you are wrong. Some pastures are better than other, but if you drive all over the pasture you are assigned the
                              Deer know you are there. Also if you hunt near the roads you might not see much. You have to get back on the draws and it will require a little work on your part. But then that's hunting, it's not easy.For the price,acreage you get to hunt, not to mention it's low fence free range you can't beat it.The quality of animals is pretty good too. I got a 31", a 33" and I shot my best one last week that was by far my best one yet. Just need some help from the buzzards finding him.

Comment

Working...
                              X