Rut in East Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Jacinto & Liberty County

We have seen pretty good rutting activity. A few bucks hemmed up with doe next to the roads that will not leave the doe or laying down in the hay field with doe. Plenty of rubs and scrapes. Ready to see a good one.

Comment

i'm hunting a few miles north of fairfield and I actually left the lease early this wknd because of the lack of activity. Last year at this time it was going strong. Based on what i'm reading I'm getting the feeling that it may happen just a little later this year. I have high hopes for this wknd with the weather cooling off. I've got plenty of bucks coming to the feeders when the does aren't around which tells me they are just tending the areas and waiting to catch a whiff of some estrous. lets hope for good things this wknd before all the rifle hunters start into the woods.

Comment

Alot of scrapes but no activity, bucks still bunched up.

Comment

Originally posted by head View Post
          figured I'd catch you ridin dirty!
          white & nerdy would be a slightly more accurate description.

Comment

i hunt right out of trinity and saw tons of scraps and rubs gonna takemy son to try 2 get em a big buck this youth weekend

Comment

rut

hunt in bowie county near Dekalb we have had good active scrapes for two weeks. bucks are starting to trail does last wknd. should be really good this weekend

Comment

I've been getting reports this week that Tyler Co is seeing some good rutting activity.

Comment

What are y'all seeing now? I'm in Sabine national forest and had a 6 pt walk 20 ft from my son and I two days ago with his nose to the ground

Comment

Working...
                  X